Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,154 Times in 3,477 Posts
Default Re: McCain invented the BlackBerry???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Do you honestly think Obama will do a better job with our economy than McCain? Why?
because he has made it a major platform. mccain seems to look at it as an afterthought. i have stated some reasons why in this blackberry thread.

heres another reason i think why-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27047
Old 09-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
because he has made it a major platform. mccain seems to look at it as an afterthought. i have stated some reasons why in this blackberry thread.

heres another reason i think why-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=27047
I knew your answer would bash mccain and then give specifics on Obama like "because he has made it a major platform." I don't mean this personally, but that statement means absolutely nothing to me. You've bashed McCain in great detail now please give me SPECIFIC reasons as to why you feel Obama will be better for our economy......

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #13
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Adviser says McCain helped create the BlackBerry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080916/...xgEGeuI9th24cA

i shoulda figured. the mccainanites arent the sharpest tools in the shed.

so, hows everyones portfolios doing? worst day on the market since terrorists struck on 9/11.
Non-story. It should have said, "Stupid joke by a left wing staffer." and THAT is the inconvenient truth.

Sore losers, those Dems are.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
there is no "I" or "ME" in "country".
No, but there is a "Y" and I'd like to know "Y" these two can't bring concrete ideas to congress - because honestly, without congress none of their lies get passed.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
I knew your answer would bash mccain and then give specifics on Obama like "because he has made it a major platform." I don't mean this personally, but that statement means absolutely nothing to me. You've bashed McCain in great detail now please give me SPECIFIC reasons as to why you feel Obama will be better for our economy......
so now stating that it seems economics will be an afterthought is "bashing"? ok. its just an opinion.

honestly i dont feel that i OWE anyone an answer or specific reasons, as i dont go around demanding that everyone else justify their selection to me. but since i like you...

i am confident with the people obama will surround himself with.

i am confident in the democratic philosophy of how to fix todays economic problems and the platform that has been presented. (call it the lesser of 2 evils).

mccain blames greed on wall street for the financial mess were in, yet these are the same people he wants to give the largest tax cut to

mccain is offering to cut taxes across the board yet the largest percentage (the chart says 4.4%) goes to the richest.

sorry, i just dont want my tax dollar going to the richest multi millionaires who live high on the reaganomic hog with lipstic, in hopes that one day it trickles down to make my life better.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #16
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
mccain is offering to cut taxes across the board yet the largest percentage (the chart says 4.4%) goes to the richest.

sorry, i just dont want my tax dollar going to the richest multi millionaires who live high on the reaganomic hog with lipstic, in hopes that one day it trickles down to make my life better.
HUH? They aren't taking your money, they are keeping what they earned. Unfortunately too many people feel that when the wealthy get to keep what they earn, somehow the less fortunate are paying for it?

The other thing I don't understand Tony is if you think the economy is so terrible, how could you support a massive tax increase on the the very people who create most of the wealth and economic prosperity in this country? Again, can you show me many examples of countries that successfully taxed themselves out of recession? That defies simple economic theory as well as the vast majority of real world examples.

~ 3 Doors Down

Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:

The other thing I don't understand Tony is if you think the economy is so terrible, how could you support a massive tax increase on the the very people who create most of the wealth and economic prosperity in this country? .
paying taxes is a fact of life. rich people gotta do it to. i dont even care if they gotta pay a higer percentage than the average american too. the right to thrive and prosper doesnt come for free. let them pay for bush's war for all i care.

economic prosperity? im in tears for all the billionaire banks, credit card companies, mortgage co.s who gamble by extending credit to millions of folks with money loaned from the govt. we live in a culture of debt and it is the enablers who are prospering.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #18
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Tony hipchest
paying taxes is a fact of life. rich people gotta do it to. i dont even care if they gotta pay a higer percentage than the average american too. the right to thrive and prosper doesnt come for free. let them pay for bush's war for all i care.
I agree Tony, but I think raising taxes on the people who created most our economic prosperity will make things worse. The wealthy and successful best know how to create new wealth and economic prosperity. Taking another dollar from them and giving it to the government is the worst thing you can possibly do imo. If the government had to operate like a business, they'd be outta business in 1 day. The government is the worst possible investment so why would I, or anyone want to give them one more dollar of our hard earned money. Do you honestly think the government doesn't get enough money already? The government needs to be more efficient with the money they are given before they should get another dime imo.

Quote:
Tony Hipchest
economic prosperity? im in tears for all the billionaire banks, credit card companies, mortgage co.s who gamble by extending credit to millions of folks with money loaned from the govt. we live in a culture of debt and it is the enablers who are prospering.
I think those are very valid points. BUT It was economic freedom that made this country great and prosperous, not the government. We both agree there are problems but you come across as though capitalism is the problem and the governnment is the solution. I feel the exact opposite. I feel the government is the problem and capitalism is the solution. You may feel I am mischaracterizing your beliefs, but that is honestly how you come across to me.

~ 3 Doors Down

Old 09-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Oh Praise... praise...

The messiah has come..

Let's be RID of that devil McCain and his evil temptress Palin.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

I think we can all agree that is LMAO funny.

~ 3 Doors Down