Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Classifieds

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Vikeman
Water Boy

Member Number: 9377
Thumbs up New England Bandwagon Nation

Hello Steeler Nation! My name is Ken Knight and I am a newly published author of a book titled "New England Bandwagon Nation." I was born and raised in Mass., but I have never been a fan of the Pats. I have been an avid fan of the vikings since 1969. Having spent most of my natural life around all of these fickle, fair-weather Pats fans has motivated me to expose them to NFL nation. The book cover sports three Vince Lombardi trophys flanked by three ominous black asterisks! (How much of Tom Brady's success can be attributed to the "Spygate" scandal?") Chapter six is totally dedicated to this subject. I have sold many books to people I know--and every review has been exellent! Just log onto Amazon.com and enter "New England Bandwagon Nation" for information "about the author" and some very controversial "quotes from within." Thank you all so much, and when the Steelers face the Pats I will be a bigger Steelers fan than most of you!
Vikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: New England Bandwagon Nation

Guess this shoots to hell the theory the RW&B Kool-Aid drinking bandwagon has that the only fans with an axe to grind against their team are fans of teams they've beaten* in the playoffs or SB, doesn't it? If that were true, why the hell would a Vikes fan write a 210-page book dedicated to pointing out what shitbirds the fanbase and team are?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Bandwagon-...1657131&sr=8-1

Here's the quote on the book page:
Quote:
**WARNING** This publication contains subject matter which some people, May find to be offensive. Please read at your own peril. Quotes from within: The fans of the Patriots, as well as the New England sports media, keep stating that Bill Belichick is a 'Genius', and the Pats are still the 'best' team in the NFL. They fail to acknowledge the fact that there have been three different Super Bowl champions since the Pats last won one. Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy, and Tom Coughlin have all sent the 'Genius' packing over the course of those same three NFL seasons. From 1988 through 1990, the New England Patriots were mired in a seventeen consecutive home game blackout streak. In fact, the Patriots played in front of the four smallest home crowds in the entire NFL, during the 1990 season. One thing that is certain, just as the Kennedys wanted Chappaquiddick to go away, New England Patriots nation has a burning desire to make Spygate* disappear, as well. The only place on earth that these three Super Bowl championships are not at all tainted, is right here in New England.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).
lol, I guess it's going great so far
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464

Oh man, I'm actually debating on buying this. Thanks for the post!
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
Vikeman
Water Boy

Hey Steeler fans! Thank you for running with the info on New Eng. Bandwagon Nation. I put my heart and soul into it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. P.S. The publisher is in Tarantum, Pa. (hope I spelled that right)
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,000 Times in 404 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

This guy became a member just to sell us his book?
Good Grief
vasteeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #8
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

it's a good selling technique

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:06 AM   #9
Vikeman
Water Boy

I wish you guys would look at this as a public service an. for the greater good of ALL NFL fans that were affected by "Spygate*." The Pats cannot prove that they did not gain a comp. advantage from it, and we can't prove they did. That creates a GRAY AREA that should forever taint those SB wins. Think about it--if the Pats hosted a playoff game due to cheating, then EVERYONE in the area that SHOULD have hosted that game were cheated! I am talking about Joe sausage guy in Pitt., Pete the motel owner in S. Diego, not to mention all of the other teams fans. PLEASE remember, it was the NFL that destroyed evedence to ensure WE would never know the truth or extent of the situation. No, I did NOT join your site solely to sell books. You folks associated with the Steelers have been very receptive to this and I can't thank you enough! You have shown me you truly love your team--and truly despise the Pats. Keep the dialogue rolling because I just LOVE good football talk with any knowledgeable NFL fans!