Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #21
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,662
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 290
Thanked 1,407 Times in 510 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm guessing we're going 2-14 this year, right?
Yeah, thereabouts.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
YEAH!

*nuts revealed and balls exposed*

feels so good....
This sure is starting to sound like a Browns' forum.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

I posted a couple positive thing here and their. Stayed out of the OL thread, and I wouldn't touch the Gameday thread with Bill Belichick's long zoom camera.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #24
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I posted a couple positive thing here and their. Stayed out of the OL thread, and I wouldn't touch the Gameday thread with Bill Belichick's long zoom camera.

LOL...


there is a couple decent threads in the Steelers section.

On on the D and I started one about Troy.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #25
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersMongol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ulaanbaatar, MONGOLIA
Posts: 4,083
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Where's your karma now?
Seriously, after with all these talk in here, U still have no clue what Karma means, do ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
...kind of.
Clueless?
__________________
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #26
Steelman16
Team President
 
Steelman16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,414
Member Number: 6517
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: To the mods....

Not to be a snob here, but...

What's with the splurge of new members that are Steelers fans in the wake of our loss to Philly? And them comin' in and their first handful of posts calling for Arians' head, and whoever else needs the Guilotine?



But anyway, good luck to ya'll Mods. Heaven knows you'll need some extra help keeping sane.
__________________
I'll keep my freedoms, my guns, and my
money . . . you can keep "THE CHANGE."
Steelman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
Not to be a snob here, but...

What's with the splurge of new members that are Steelers fans in the wake of our loss to Philly? And them comin' in and their first handful of posts calling for Arians' head, and whoever else needs the Guilotine?



But anyway, good luck to ya'll Mods. Heaven knows you'll need some extra help keeping sane.
It's the SOS, DD in that regard, Steelman. Gary and I are used to it.

What a few people aren't getting around here is that we don't ban people for shits and giggles. Nothing could be farther from the truth. We have a forum COC which most people who register fail to read before they start shooting their poison darts. Gary and I let a lot of stuff go and we don't play faves. Hell - I've had to infract some of my closest friends here from time to time and being the stand-up folks they are, they understood why.

What torques me off more than anything is that those who take shots at Gary and I for doing our jobs are those who haven't contributed one damned dime to this board to keep it running and updated. In essence, all of us who have contributed are paying for them to attack us and others and that's unacceptable and utter BS.

I was in Dover, DE all weekend for the NASCAR race and didn't get back until late yesterday afternoon. Poor Gary had to man this ship alone while I was gone and I give him all the kudos in the world for dealing with the barrage of grim reapers and internet bullies who swooped on in for the kill after the Steelers loss to the Eagles on Sunday.

Being a Mod can more often than not be a very thankless job but we've both received a helluva lot more high fives than thumbs down from our members here at SF and we both knew when we were asked to moderate the board what we were in store for.

Losing sucks, but I don't think anyone who paid attention to the Steelers schedule this season or the positional issues that we knew existed ever thought they were going to go undefeated. A loss was going to happen sometime and there are going to be more losses down the road unfortunately. I'm over it and looking forward to the MNF game against the Rats.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #28
Hammer67
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Hammer67's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Boston, MI (originally from Moon Township, PA)
Posts: 1,988
Gender: Male
Member Number: 651
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

*sigh*......Noobs.
__________________


"Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Hammer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #29
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
It's the SOS, DD in that regard, Steelman. Gary and I are used to it.

What a few people aren't getting around here is that we don't ban people for shits and giggles. Nothing could be farther from the truth. We have a forum COC which most people who register fail to read before they start shooting their poison darts. Gary and I let a lot of stuff go and we don't play faves. Hell - I've had to infract some of my closest friends here from time to time and being the stand-up folks they are, they understood why.

What torques me off more than anything is that those who take shots at Gary and I for doing our jobs are those who haven't contributed one damned dime to this board to keep it running and updated. In essence, all of us who have contributed are paying for them to attack us and others and that's unacceptable and utter BS.

I was in Dover, DE all weekend for the NASCAR race and didn't get back until late yesterday afternoon. Poor Gary had to man this ship alone while I was gone and I give him all the kudos in the world for dealing with the barrage of grim reapers and internet bullies who swooped on in for the kill after the Steelers loss to the Eagles on Sunday.

Being a Mod can more often than not be a very thankless job but we've both received a helluva lot more high fives than thumbs down from our members here at SF and we both knew when we were asked to moderate the board what we were in store for.

Losing sucks, but I don't think anyone who paid attention to the Steelers schedule this season or the positional issues that we knew existed ever thought they were going to go undefeated. A loss was going to happen sometime and there are going to be more losses down the road unfortunately. I'm over it and looking forward to the MNF game against the Rats.
I noticed you weren't posting over the last few days, I was a bit worried and said a couple prayers for ya... Glad to hear it was because you were enjoying yourself on a vacation!!

And to Gary.. over the last couple of days!!

Thanks to you both.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #30
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,279
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 32
Thanked 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: To the mods....

Hey mods, can I have a Ban Hammer. That would be sweet. I'd be smashing trolls over the head all day.

I guess I could just call them on their BS though.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts