Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-29-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Thumbs down Play calling or execution...or both

I have never seen such poor execution on offense.. OL cant block, running backs cant find lanes or stay upright when they do, WR's arent getting open.. Ben was rusty and forced passes and underthrew way too many times, bonehead penalties like false starts left and right.

Coaches calling the plays are just completely dumbfounding... sneak play on 4th down, onside kick, not attackin the middle of the field.. I just cant figure it out to save my life.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:51 AM   #2
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Play calling or execution...or both

it's all on cowher...... that's why i ain't that disappointed right now i'm used to this bullshit already..... big game= another cowher L
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

I understand the false starts, but like I said in my thread, the play calling was very suspect. I think the D was good tonight. Ben was rusty, o.k. The play calling...terrible. That is all you can say.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:57 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

The D done the best they could - I think the Steelers chance came and went when they had Manning on the rack.

If you hit him for points - it trebles the pressure he is under and makes him more likely to throw a few bad ones.

The O-Line was awful - the RB's were fighting off Colts as soon as they got the hand off.

I have no idea what is going on with football this year - not many teams can play consistent good football - it seems to be a bit of a lottery at times.

Kudos to the Colts they played a great game.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Something has to change with that offensive line. It was horrible tonight. The defense was missing tackles left and right also.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:06 AM   #6
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

the d did the best they can do and cowher just did everything he can in his power to call shit plays to help us lose.........damn i've always hated cowhers, i just don't say it much cause i know a few of y'all like him, livin is right he is so damn over-rated, i'm tired of nice regular season records already i want them to win a damn superbowl **** winning the division a million times in a row. i think it's time to say good bye to cowher after this season win it all or not. big ben needs a coach that would use him the right way and that's in the shoot gun and letting him do his thang
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
BurghThing
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 747

I vote for execution.

For the entire Offensive line, "special" teams and coaching staff.
BurghThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:16 AM   #8
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

The Colts D line is so small as well. No excuse for not opening any holes. They looked scared tonight and it showed.

A healthy New England team would have ***** slapped the Colts tonight. Until we learn to rip the heart out of the best teams we ain't going to be the best.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The defense showed up.. i mean face it.. we held the colts to 2 TD's..and the rest were FG's..we had our chances... the offense sputtered..but the chances and playcalling by Cowher and Wiz were just the downfall.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 AM   #10
Steelersfan

Member Number:

Besides the first play of the game for the Colts our D played pretty good. I did notice them miss a few tackles but that is far from why we lost.
So I have a few questions maybe some of you can answer.
How many draws or screen plays can you call game after game? Why are they always on 3rd down? Why do we never throw 8 yds when we need 8 yds for the first? Why do you call an onside kick down by 9 on the road at the start if the half? I won't even talk about 4th down plays cause I don't think anyone can explain those. Why is Parker still the Starter? If you check my posts here you will see I said weeks back that we will not win with him as the starter. Nothing against him, he is just not the type of back we win with. What in the hell is wrong with Bettis and Staley? Why isn't Stalet the starter, Bettis the backup and Parker the 3rd down back?
And my final question, what will cowher say in his press conference about the onside kick call? Maybe, "I would do it again" like after the AFC championship last year?
Ok, I am done ranting! But Cowher does need a wake up call and either get with the program or leave because I for one am tired of him since the whole Kordell thing and the way he gets out coached in games that matter.