Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 AM   #11
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679
Default Re: Play calling or execution...or both

Its all on Cowher LOL. The secondary is horrible the only big play they made was because of a boneheaded move by Manning underthrowing his WR. James was running at will on your D as well. Parker isnt as good as everyone hyped him up to be at the start of the season(although I think hes alright he just isnt that good yet but hell be alot better next year). The O-Line is horrible now you know why Maddox took as many sacks as he did.
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:44 AM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I swear if we could play a complete game just once..it would be a game for the ages !!! But we can never seem to show up in all 3 phases at one time....
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 AM   #13
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

Quote:
Coaches calling the plays are just completely dumbfounding... sneak play on 4th down, onside kick, not attackin the middle of the field.. I just cant figure it out to save my life.

If you manage to figure it out, let us know. All I can say is un******believable.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-29-2005 at 01:02 AM.
pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:06 AM   #14
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

This just has me so freekin pissed off I cant even think straight. I just get so sick and tired of being out coached week in and week out when u play tough teams.

Beating the browns, the titans, the texans, the ratbirds, and even the bengals because they are in our division and we know them..doesnt take much game planning because we are more physical than those teams and we can force our will on offense by running the ball, playing great defense and using play action and a smart passing game to win. And in the bengals and ratbirds games..it doesnt matter who game plans for what..its just an all out war.

Its just so dis heartening to see us get continually out coached when we have the players that can match up w/ anyone.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:40 AM   #15
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Definatly play calling, no doubt.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:31 AM   #16
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget
The Colts D line is so small as well. No excuse for not opening any holes. They looked scared tonight and it showed.

A healthy New England team would have ***** slapped the Colts tonight. Until we learn to rip the heart out of the best teams we ain't going to be the best.
I seriously doubt that. Even wo the injuries their secondary is weak at best.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #17
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
I seriously doubt that. Even wo the injuries their secondary is weak at best.
You doubt what? The Patriots have proven the last two years what a championship team does against opponents like the Colts. This year they're decimated with injuries. But Belicheck clearly knows how to coach and Cowher doesn't. You have to confuse Manning and throw crap at him he doesn't expect. They were doing just that until Einstein decided to try an onside kick, and Ben made that bonehead throw at the end of the first half instead of running the ball for a first down.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #18
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan
Why is Parker still the Starter? If you check my posts here you will see I said weeks back that we will not win with him as the starter. Nothing against him, he is just not the type of back we win with. What in the hell is wrong with Bettis and Staley? Why isn't Staley the starter, Bettis the backup and Parker the 3rd down back?
Exactly!!!!

Now that Staley is healthy (for how long who knows), Staley #1, Bettis #2, Parker 3rd downs. I think Cowher is moving toward that setup, and you might see it next week. Early on, they didn't think that Parker could pick up the blitz, but I thought that he did it better than most of the o-line last night when they started using Parker on third downs.

Here we go.
Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #19
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Everyone is down on the playcalling, and I grant you that the onside kick, and the 4th down quarterback draw were poor choices. But what was wrong with the general gameplan? What was wrong with the playcalling? Honestly, I'm completely open to other opinions and would like to hear some specifics.

To me, it seemed reasonable to try to run the ball and pass short to lengthen our time of posession and get some nice long drives going. I found fault in the execution of the plays and the bonehead penalties that kept killing us.

Here we go.
Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #20
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 862

this game is in the past lets start talking cinci, and their powerful offense and defense
jtdapit is offline   Reply With Quote