Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
Best coast Steeler
Banned

Member Number: 9468
Default Re: Is it time to fire Bruce Arians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
wow.. ur first post is about firing bruce arians??? thats is insane.. wasn't long till a thread like this started.. but i guess i should get used to it.. b/c evrytime we lose it seems that we should fire bruce.....

another pointless thread
Clearly you dont fire Arians right now in the middle of the season, but its apparent he and the O-lines coach are part of the problem. "Wasn't long before a thread like this gets started" is evident that he's a problem! It just furthers my point. Look, Im just stating that his inability to adjust, points to a real problem. You cant tell me the Rams O-line is better than ours. They surely arent, but they still didnt give up 8 sacks to the eagles! We got outcoached. Straight up!

And since when does it matter if what a "first" post should be about? That statement in itself is insane!

Last edited by Best coast Steeler; 09-21-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Best coast Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #22
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,615 Times in 808 Posts

No way we fire Arians. He is responsible for 2 hurricanes, the high price of oil and I think the plague all before this game and never got fired.

I will say that it doesnt look like he or Zeirline made any adjustments at halftime to help with the blitz, other than bring Heath Miller into the backfield.

There were numerous things you can do against a blitz, ie. screen passes, roll the pocket, tighten up line splits, throw quick passes, even zone run block (apparantly they have practiced some), run some misdirection type reverses and I saw nothing.

The O line clearly had problems blocking 6 man blitzes, but there are ways to combat that and nobody did that.

Ask yourself what happens if the Steelers blitz 6 and leave 5 in coverage???? Most QB's make a hot read, a quick slant, screen pass, etc.

Poor play, but even poorer coaching IMO.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #23
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

why not line two backs up in the shot gun to provide ben with some extra time to throw. and then have the option to bail it to a RB if play falls apart
Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
No way we fire Arians. He is responsible for 2 hurricanes, the high price of oil and I think the plague all before this game and never got fired.

I will say that it doesnt look like he or Zeirline made any adjustments at halftime to help with the blitz, other than bring Heath Miller into the backfield.

There were numerous things you can do against a blitz, ie. screen passes, roll the pocket, tighten up line splits, throw quick passes, even zone run block (apparantly they have practiced some), run some misdirection type reverses and I saw nothing.

The O line clearly had problems blocking 6 man blitzes, but there are ways to combat that and nobody did that.

Ask yourself what happens if the Steelers blitz 6 and leave 5 in coverage???? Most QB's make a hot read, a quick slant, screen pass, etc.

Poor play, but even poorer coaching IMO.
QFT.

Im not saying fire him but he should be called out for the lack of adjustments and taking away Heath Miller.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #25
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Well... we lost a game.

I guess it was inevitable....

Congrats... This is teh third thread to win the coveted award!!!!!!!!

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This was a cascading thing. As the line lost faith, so did Ben, and the whole thing fell apart. And the Eagles were so right to just keep blitzing.

But this is professional football, not college. Things will change next week. Bank it.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #27
HereWeGoSteelers219
Starter

Member Number: 9324

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
why not line two backs up in the shot gun to provide ben with some extra time to throw. and then have the option to bail it to a RB if play falls apart

Then who do you throw to? Another part of the problem was recievers jogging their routes. They showed them a few times and they weren't running at all.
HereWeGoSteelers219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGoSteelers219 View Post
Then who do you throw to? Another part of the problem was recievers jogging their routes. They showed them a few times and they weren't running at all.
No.....

They were looking back to see if they had to run hot routes because Ben was under pressure....again.

Problem is... by the time the took a couple steps and look back to make a decision about the hot route... Ben was going down and they just stopped the route. No reason to keep running when the QB is sacked.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #29
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

The coaching totally sucked. Why didn't we go for a field goal on that last play and try an onside kick? Just stupid. No adjustments made at halftime at all. They stopped running the ball and when they did they ran it right up the middle. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And I hate that Philly kicker. Damn, he got some monster kicks off. I don't advocate firing Arians, but that line coach has GOT TO GO. Those guys look worse than high schoolers out there. Whiffing on every single play. BTW, we are 2-1 and still in first place. The Defense was AWESOME. Just gotta fix a couple things and win the next one.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #30
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
The coaching totally sucked. Why didn't we go for a field goal on that last play and try an onside kick? Just stupid. No adjustments made at halftime at all. They stopped running the ball and when they did they ran it right up the middle. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And I hate that Philly kicker. Damn, he got some monster kicks off. I don't advocate firing Arians, but that line coach has GOT TO GO. Those guys look worse than high schoolers out there. Whiffing on every single play. BTW, we are 2-1 and still in first place. The Defense was AWESOME. Just gotta fix a couple things and win the next one.
No adjustments at half time? Did you see how our D. stepped up. Or did you mean just the O.

The coaching TOTALLY sucked? Really? Our D. sucked? Our punting sucked? Our ST coverage sucked?

Far reaching over generalizations do nothing.