Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #31
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382
Default Re: Is it time to fire Bruce Arians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
Remember Ben will always say the O line did a great job....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
And if he said any different publicly he'd be called a crybaby. I hope he's chewing their asses privately.
What does it matter what the public calls him....If he has another game like today, Ben will be collecting his 100+ million in a body cast .
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #32
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
What does it matter what the public calls him....If he has another game like today, Ben will be collecting his 100+ million in a body cast .
And calling them out publicly will improve their blocking....how?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #33
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Quote:
And calling them out publicly will improve their blocking....how?
I don't know if anything will improve their blocking. Their playing publicly why not call them out publicly... At this pace Ben won't make it to mid season.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #34
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

To the thread originator, I agree that Arians has to go but it's not going to happen during the season. We'll have to put up with his plays and play calling for the remainder of the season.

I started bashing Arians last season and I don't see any changes in him this season. The dude is nothing more than a Cleveland Browns cast off who hangs his hat on one playoff game versus a weak Steelers defense in 2003. Sure, the Steelers can still win a weak AFC North division but I don't expect them to do much against the elite teams that they'll face this season. They simply don't have an offensive coordinator who's capable of beating a blitzing defensive scheme.

Arians philosophy just doesn't work in Pittsburgh. I mean come on, how often do you see a FB on the field? I believe that I saw Davis on the field 3 or 4 times yesterday. Running from a singleback formation just isn't getting the job done, and the passing plays, just like last season, the WR routes take TOO long to develop. Anyone with 2 brain cells would shorten the WR routes when they know that their offensive line is below average in pass protection.

Once again, nice post. don't worry about the bashers. They'll all be eating crow when Arians is fired at seasons end. You know, many of them jumped in here and gave Arians praise after the Steelers defeated the weak A$$ Texans and Browns but they won't dare lay blame on him, when blame is warranted, after the Steelers have their A$$E$ handed to them against an above average team. If anyone thinks that the Eagles are an elite team then you just wait, you haven't seen an A$$ whipping yet. Wait until the Steelers play one of the 3 or 4 elite teams on their schedule.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #35
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
If anyone thinks that the Eagles are an elite team then you just wait, you haven't seen an A$$ whipping yet. Wait until the Steelers play one of the 3 or 4 elite teams on their schedule.
Like whom? The 1-2 Jags? The 1-2 Colts? The 2-1 Pats* who were hammered by 25 points in their own backyard by a team that had won only 1 of its previous 17 games? The 3-0 Giants who were playing at home and still needed OT to scrape by a truly terrible Bengals team? Whom? IMO, the only team in the league at the moment that is playing top notch football and is actually playing like an "elite" team, and I hate to say it, are the Cowboys, and we don't play them for over 2 months.

Last edited by fansince'76; 09-22-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #36
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,219 Times in 1,272 Posts

If anyone has to go its Zierlien. I said it last year and I'm saying it now. Our guys up front need somebody to coach them the fundamentals which were obviously missing today. Maybe if they had a decent line coach they all wouldn't look like one legged turnstiles.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:04 AM   #37
Steel Pit
Banned

Quote:
Like whom? The 1-2 Jags? The 1-2 Colts? The 2-1 Pats* who were hammered by 25 points in their own backyard by a team that had won only 1 of its previous 17 games? The 3-0 Giants who were playing at home and still needed OT to scrape by a truly terrible Bengals team? Whom?

Fan, you can believe that the Colts and Giants are not elite teams but you'll never fool me into believing it. Believe me, these 2 teams, as well as the Chargers, will have their $hit together when they face the Steelers. The Pats, no Sir, I didn't mention the Pats and elite in the same sentence.

Whom you ask? Besides the aforementioned teams, I'll throw in any AFC team that happens to be in the playoffs this year, i.e.. The Broncos and the Bills. We might as well mention the Cowboys as well. I won't attempt to convince myself that the Eagles are an elite team, they're a 3rd possibly 4th place team within their own division. The Steelers will face 5 or 6 teams this season that are better than the Eagles so if today was any indication of where the Steelers are headed, LOOK OUT BEN!

Last edited by Steel Pit; 09-22-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #38
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Fan, you can believe that the Colts and Giants are not elite teams but you'll never fool me into believing it. Believe me, these 2 teams, as well as the Chargers, will have their $hit together when they face the Steelers.
And we won't? Give up on the season if you want, I'm not quite ready to at the moment.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #39
Steel Pit
Banned

Quote:
And we won't? Give up on the season if you want, I'm not quite ready to at the moment.
I'll never give up, I've already said that the Steelers will win the division once again. I just don't see the Steelers, with Arians as the offensive coordinator, doing much more than making the playoffs and being ousted.

It's been proven time and time again, bringing the heat stifles Arians offensive philosophy and he's not capable of making in game adjustments. Anyway, that's the way that I see it. I respect your opinion so we'll have to agree to disagree, but I hope that you're right..
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #40
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I'll never give up, I've already said that the Steelers will win the division once again. I just don't see the Steelers, with Arians as the offensive coordinator, doing much more than making the playoffs and being ousted.

It's been proven time and time again, bringing the heat stifles Arians offensive philosophy and he's not capable of making in game adjustments. Anyway, that's the way that I see it. I respect your opinion so we'll have to agree to disagree, but I hope that you're right..
I respect yours as well. I just hope they can figure something out, as today was ugly.

I also apologize for insinuating that you were giving up on the season. I should've known better than that.