Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719
Default Re: I'm very impressed Steeler fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
whats great is seeing palmer fans that still have so much ben envy or "benvy". one day your qb may have as many career victories as ben and the heisman winning #1 pick will no longer play 2nd fiddle to the great steeler qb.

just remember as you chirp about bens 3rd loss in his last 3 years of playing football, that you are still a bengal fan and they have already proven they cant beat jacksonville, steelers, colts, and would probably struggle against denver, san diego, the cheifs and their running games. the bengals may roll into the playoffs but the happy to be there attitude will do them in quickly.
I wonder aloud quite often if anyone actually OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh (except non resident fans) actually think Ben is anywhere near as good as Carson. It is obvious by comparing the Indy games. The ONLY card you Steelers fans can play is how many games he has won/lost. Well, he hasn't DONE anything that any other quarterback who specializes at handing the football off couldn't have done. Let's see the strengths of certain NFL quarterbacks.

Peyton Manning - Reads defenses like a book, makes perfect reads.

Carson Palmer - Heir apparent to Peytons greatness. And it's not just Bengals fans saying that..unlike your quarterback...the rest of the league actually BELIEVES the hype.

Michael Vick - Can beat you with his legs, and his arm, especially in the last few weeks.

Ben Roethlisberger - Hands the ball off. Product of a good system quarterback. The luckiest day of his life was when the Steelers drafted him. Because if he had gone to any team that depends on their quarterback actually passing the football more than 20 times a game regularly, he would've ended up another David Carr. Plays against Indianapolis and his team needs him to step up and make some plays, and he does nothing.

You seriously think I am envious of Ben..."benvy"? LOL. Wow, that's hilarious. Let's see, we have one of the best sets of wide receivers in the NFL. Yeah, I want Ben leading them with his 8 yard out tosses. How I know these things when the actual fans don't is beyond me. Your team has a SMASH MOUTH concept, it is just how it is, and it's a good way to be. It was like that BEFORE Ben got there. So, insert big quarterback who can take a few hits and hand the ball off to a SMASH MOUTH type of team, and win!

I don't care who we lose to, if we lose in big games, no big deal. It's because our defense isn't as smash mouth as yours or others, hopefully we can get there one day. But you don't see Bengals fans harping on how great the defense is when it's potentially one of the poorer defenses, as you do with your quarterback. He's a fantasy bust, and can't throw the football, period, it's just a fact, the same as the Bengals defense can't stop the run.

Last edited by wildjames; 11-29-2005 at 02:12 PM.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

If you remember correctly, Ben is a higher rated passer than Carson before he went down w/ injury.

ben is as good as he is touted and he is as good as we say he is. His record and our team speaks for itself! So please spare us your ridiculous comments.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames
I wonder aloud quite often if anyone actually OUTSIDE of Pittsburgh (except non resident fans) actually think Ben is anywhere near as good as Carson. It is obvious by comparing the Indy games. The ONLY card you Steelers fans can play is how many games he has won/lost. Well, he hasn't DONE anything that any other quarterback who specializes at handing the football off couldn't have done. Let's see the strengths of certain NFL quarterbacks.

Peyton Manning - Reads defenses like a book, makes perfect reads.

Carson Palmer - Heir apparent to Peytons greatness. And it's not just Bengals fans saying that..unlike your quarterback...the rest of the league actually BELIEVES the hype.

Michael Vick - Can beat you with his legs, and his arm, especially in the last few weeks.

Ben Roethlisberger - Hands the ball off. Product of a good system quarterback. The luckiest day of his life was when the Steelers drafted him. Because if he had gone to any team that depends on their quarterback actually passing the football more than 20 times a game regularly, he would've ended up another David Carr. Plays against Indianapolis and his team needs him to step up and make some plays, and he does nothing.

You seriously think I am envious of Ben..."benvy"? LOL. Wow, that's hilarious. Let's see, we have one of the best sets of wide receivers in the NFL. Yeah, I want Ben leading them with his 8 yard out tosses. How I know these things when the actual fans don't is beyond me. Your team has a SMASH MOUTH concept, it is just how it is, and it's a good way to be. It was like that BEFORE Ben got there. So, insert big quarterback who can take a few hits and hand the ball off to a SMASH MOUTH type of team, and win!

I don't care who we lose to, if we lose in big games, no big deal. It's because our defense isn't as smash mouth as yours or others, hopefully we can get there one day. But you don't see Bengals fans harping on how great the defense is when it's potentially one of the poorer defenses, as you do with your quarterback. He's a fantasy bust, and can't throw the football, period, it's just a fact, the same as the Bengals defense can't stop the run.
damn youre pretty dense. by youre logic if carson had been drafted by the steelers hed be another maddox. carsons good but easy there with those dilusions of qb grandeur. bengals wouldve made the playoffs the past 2 years if ben was their qb.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:03 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

It was just a game! Ben was not to blame, but a little rusty,

Props to the Colts.

But I am not impressed
Old 11-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #15
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

18 and 2 in regular season games.....I'll take ben over any quarterback in the league right now to build my franchise around.....Yes there are better qb. out there but ben is young..and i said to build my franchise around.......
Ben has brought the steelers from behind 7 times.........if you take that he has played 20 regular season games and only losing 2 gemes (Pats, and Colts) means that he brought the steelers from behind 7 times and we lost 2. we can say that we were losing 9 games and lost 2 of them.This means that Ben brings us from behind 77.7 percent of the time.......I like thoes odds. Also, to anyone who wants to doubt Ben.....He lost the the Pats and the Colts......two very good team........
STEELERS #1
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #16
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
damn youre pretty dense. by youre logic if carson had been drafted by the steelers hed be another maddox. carsons good but easy there with those dilusions of qb grandeur. bengals wouldve made the playoffs the past 2 years if ben was their qb.
Those are ridiculous comments. Not in on way did by my logic even remotely imply that if Carson had been drafted by the Steelers he would've been another Maddox. By my logic, he would've done the same thing (but better) than Ben. Hand the ball off to a smash mouth team, and pass when needed (not often). The Bengals would not have made the playoffs the last 2 years if Ben was their quarterback, that's so funny.

It's an unfortunate situation for you Steeler fans. Yes you lost to the Pats and Colts BIGBENFASTWILLIE, but Ben did NOTHING against the Colts. How many touchdown drives to Carson lead against the "awesome" Colts defense? 6? lol, your quarterback barely got into the end zone on a gift wrapped field position drive by the again awesome Troy P. So...6 TD drives vs basically 0.

And to the poster who said that Bens rating was higher than Carsons before he got hurt. Let's wait till the end of the season, and see who has a higher passer rating. "Stretches" of the season mean nothing to see who is the better quarterback.

And BlitzburghRockCity, that's fine if you think Ben is as good as you and your fans tout him to be. If you don't know already, I am impressed by your teams smash mouth format of playing football, it's a good system. But it was PROVEN last night that 1 dimensional offensive teams have to be playing near perfect, especially to beat a team like the Colts. Your 1 dimensional team was shut down on the run, and Ben (not used to being in the shotgun set on 3rd down, hell barely used to using his arm to throw the football at all), looked so uncomfortable trying to lead his team down the field. But I assure you, 80-85% of fans/teams/owners in this league would MUCH rather have 9 on the field leading their team than Ben, as he can make plays in the passing game. I understand that's hard for you to believe, it's like the Yankees fans and Red Sox fans going at it and neither chooses to believe the hype the opposite fans declare..but hell watch programs like NFL Live and SportsCenter, not that the media isn't shoved down our throats most of our life, because they are. I would venture to say 9 out of 10 of those so called experts rant and rave about Carson Palmer quickly becoming one of the few elite quarterbacks in the league. Being on an awesome team does not make you an elite quarterback, no matter the amount of wins your team gets, as you fans seem to believe. Ben is an 'ok' QB on an awesome TEAM, Carson is an AWESOME quarterback on an great to awesome TEAM.

Look at last weeks Bengals/Colts matchup. We are far superior to the Steelers in passing and wide receiver play, which is why we scored 45 points on them. We also can run the football, maybe not as good as Pitt can, but pretty damn good, especially with Chris Perry to complement Rudi. The Steelers needed to get a lead last night so they could then just hammer Better/Staley/Parker at the Colts and keep Manning off the field, but Manning came out and made Ike Taylor look like he was in high school and BAM, now that format doesn't work for the Steelers. While watching the Bengals game, I was not worried that Manning shredded our defense with TD after TD, because we answered the best team in the league TD for TD basically, just like a prized boxing fight between 2 behemoths. The Steelers have one way. If it doesnt work, they crumble. That's a knock on your coach and your system. Perhaps Ben CAN throw like Carson, who knows...but he doesn't, at least not right now in his career.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #17
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Look at last weeks Bengals/Colts matchup. We are far superior to the Steelers in passing and wide receiver play, which is why we scored 45 points on them
If you had a defense that could stop anybody, u wouldnt have to throw for all those yards..

Credit us for holding Manning to 2 TD's.. how many did you hold him too??????? oh thats right, u couldnt !!!

Far superior at throwing the ball considering our starting QB missed 3 weeks worth of games and came in against the hottest team the league has seen in a very long time.. We had our chances to win and we didnt need to score 40+ points to do it.

Please stop while your behind...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:07 PM   #18
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Your Bengals are still gonna get thier asses kicked by the Steelers on Sunday.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:27 PM   #19
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Your Bengals are still gonna get thier asses kicked by the Steelers on Sunday.
Convincing argument there, sunshine, but I think the tide has changed since the last steelers-bengals matchup. Seeing how Pittsburgh couldn't stop the Colts offense, I highly doubt that they will be able to stop the Bengals offense either. The Bengals defense is less than spectacular, but if they can get an early lead, it won't really matter because Pittsburgh doesn't have an offense capable of scoring a lot of points. The Steelers biggest advantage against the Bengals (the running game) is hobbled by injuries. I think this is the game where the Bengals finally get that monkey off of their backs.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:31 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames
Perhaps Ben CAN throw like Carson, who knows...but he doesn't, at least not right now in his career.
and after all of that wildjames FINALLY gets it! thats quite a 180 from saying ben cant throw at all and would be david carr on another team. and perhaps the bengals will one day have a decent defense that doesnt put all the onus of winning on c. palmers shoulders. we see where that has gotten manning. so palmer wouldve done better than 13-0 in 13 starts with the steelers last year? its hard to do better than a 100% win percentage as 1st year starter.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote