Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #21
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719
Default Re: I'm very impressed Steeler fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
If you had a defense that could stop anybody, u wouldnt have to throw for all those yards..

Credit us for holding Manning to 2 TD's.. how many did you hold him too??????? oh thats right, u couldnt !!!

Far superior at throwing the ball considering our starting QB missed 3 weeks worth of games and came in against the hottest team the league has seen in a very long time.. We had our chances to win and we didnt need to score 40+ points to do it.

Please stop while your behind...
Well Matt, thanks for the in depth argument. Of course you think I'm behind, being on your teams forums, I am the stranger here, but it doesn't negate my argument.

Yes you held Manning to 2 TDs..but you COULDNT SCORE ANY. So it makes no difference. We had a much better shot at winning because we just about scored on the Colts at will as they did us. Your team scored on one gift wrapped field position interception.

Yes, far superior at throwing the football, and there isn't a non Steelers fan in the country that would disagree with me. At least I know you have a better ground game than us, well usually, maybe not now. Nice homer job there, can't even admit something that is CLEARLY obvious. It doesn't matter how many games Ben missed, he would'nt have done anything against the Colts if they had played in week 5, because he isn't that type of quarterback.

Your team would be a hell of a lot better if it was more than 1 dimensional. I was just watching a sports show on ESPN this afternoon and the guests were laughing at how Ben attempted to lead the Steelers in a higher scoring type game, and did nothing. They know, we know, just YOU dont know it. They also discussed Carsons chances of winning MVP this year, amazingly Bens name never came up..amazing! I always had respect for your coaching as well until last night, and this year in general, that was just ugly.

1. 4th and 4 and run a QB draw?
2. Going for it so early on 4th?
3. Onside kick to start the second half down what...17-6?
4. The lack of any deep threat whatsoever. Your best WR is a transplanted quarterback, and Randle El is nothing more than Kordell, a quick flash in the pan who won't amount to the hype he was given originally. You have a good TE, better than the Bengals thats for sure, but it's not nearly enough.

I imagined Cowhers thought process at halftime.

"Well I have a quarterback who was hurt, and a team who is built to play with the lead. We dont have the lead, and I am unsure of Bens ability to come back from this huge 11 point lead. I know an 11 point lead is like most teams being down 20+ points, so let's try some trickery!"

But of course it doesn't work and you give who will probably be the best quarterback of all time the ball in your territory. Nice job Bill, hopefully most of your team was wearing those spit shields the fans in the RCA dome were wearing last night.

Cheers to the Bengals getting over the hump and putting Pittsburgh out of the playoffs with a win next week at Heinz Field, and cheers to Ben having his arm put on ice until at least Wednesday for having to throw the ball so much.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Convincing argument there, sunshine, but I think the tide has changed since the last steelers-bengals matchup. Seeing how Pittsburgh couldn't stop the Colts offense, I highly doubt that they will be able to stop the Bengals offense either. The Bengals defense is less than spectacular, but if they can get an early lead, it won't really matter because Pittsburgh doesn't have an offense capable of scoring a lot of points. The Steelers biggest advantage against the Bengals (the running game) is hobbled by injuries. I think this is the game where the Bengals finally get that monkey off of their backs.
and maybe if the bengalfans at the game are loud enough the steelers will have 5 false start penalties. and maybe c. johnson has practiced and rehearsed for 3 end zone celebration this week. who cares. its the same stories, teams, hopes and wishful thinking as before the last meeting. the tides havent turned. so your team is 1 game ahead in the standings again. your bobbing in the water barely staying afloat.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #23
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
and after all of that wildjames FINALLY gets it! thats quite a 180 from saying ben cant throw at all and would be david carr on another team. and perhaps the bengals will one day have a decent defense that doesnt put all the onus of winning on c. palmers shoulders. we see where that has gotten manning. so palmer wouldve done better than 13-0 in 13 starts with the steelers last year? its hard to do better than a 100% win percentage as 1st year starter.
It's not a 180. I still don't think he can, or ever will be an elite passer in this league. I think PERHAPS he can, sorry I felt bad for your fans and wanted to lighten up a little. The Bengals defense is much better than recent memory, we have a rookie named Odell Thurman who is going to be a monster in a few years at middle linebacker, if you have seen him play at all, he is quite amazing for a rookie. He blasted Jamal Lewis and Boller repeatedly on Sunday. Once he learns to calm down a little and not be so aggressive (not a bad thing), he will be great.

You fans are SO stuck on Bens 13-0 start last year. It is already starting to sound like those fools from 1972 that lift the champagne glasses every year when the last undefeated team wins. NOBODY cares about that anymore. And yes, Carson would've done about the same as Ben last year had he been on Pitts, and that would be, not do much just don't make mistakes. Once you get off your high horse of your quarterback starting so high when 75-80% of the reason is your TEAMS smash mouth ability and your GOOD DEFENSE. I wish I could've read the forums back in what..2000?...when Baltimore went to the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer at quarterback. Not that Ben is as weak as Dilfer was, but he's pretty close. Let's see

1. Weak WR corps? Check
2. Good tight end? Check
3. Smash mouth running game? Check
4. Scary as hell, in your face defense? Check

Not much difference there to compare the two teams. And I guarantee you if the Ravens had won so many games in a row and Dilfer had happened to be a rookie, oh wow he's the best thing since Joe Montana, when actually he had little to do with it except manufacture wins and not make mistakes. So do yourself a favor and look at the actual stats, because you're not going to be winning any more 13 in a row, your little escapade is far over, and once you get over that, you'll be much better off.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #24
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
and maybe if the bengalfans at the game are loud enough the steelers will have 5 false start penalties. and maybe c. johnson has practiced and rehearsed for 3 end zone celebration this week. who cares. its the same stories, teams, hopes and wishful thinking as before the last meeting. the tides havent turned. so your team is 1 game ahead in the standings again. your bobbing in the water barely staying afloat.
No, it's obvious that the atmosphere has changed. Just look at the past two weeks. You guys get dominated by the colts and lose, we lose but keep it a close game. You guys lose to the ravens, we absolutely blow them out. I know that you beat us head-to-head earlier in the season...but I'm going on how the teams are playing right now. The bengals are growing up...especially on offense. The defense is still a little inconsistent, but it's not a very big concern to me when the bengals have a prolific offense that can score on every drive. The steelers better keep troy back in coverage, because if they start playing him like a MLB against the bengals like they did against the colts, it's gonna be a quick 9 to 85 connection for 6.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
No, it's obvious that the atmosphere has changed. Just look at the past two weeks. You guys get dominated by the colts and lose, we lose but keep it a close game. You guys lose to the ravens, we absolutely blow them out. I know that you beat us head-to-head earlier in the season...but I'm going on how the teams are playing right now. The bengals are growing up...especially on offense. The defense is still a little inconsistent, but it's not a very big concern to me when the bengals have a prolific offense that can score on every drive. The steelers better keep troy back in coverage, because if they start playing him like a MLB against the bengals like they did against the colts, it's gonna be a quick 9 to 85 connection for 6.
its tough. i snuck into my fantasy playoffs and this week is the 1st playoff game. i have johnson and palmer. could be no worse week to be facing the steelers. i usually throw out the past few games and records between conference rivals. you really never know whats gonna happen. but i dont think steelers will do anything different with polamalu. you may see them make an adjustment to get him in place for an interception or something though. the only atmosphere that will matter is the heinz field crowd
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #26
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

All the stats in the world can't change the fact that the Bengals are still completely owned by the Steelers, and until they can prove differently, well...

You get another shot Sunday...

Last edited by Suitanim; 12-01-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #27
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Well, well, well. Bengalsfan is feeling it, aren't they? The Steelers aren't a passing team, yeah that's true. The Steelers want their QB to pass as a second option or for a change of pace -- guilty as charged. Palmer is getting some run for MVP -- this week he is.

Fact is, though, that Ben has seven (I think) fourth quarter drives to tie or give the Steelers the lead. How many does Carson have? Since the Bengals usually have a hard time winning seven games, period, I'm going to say not that many.

Sure, Cincy can score, but where was that state of the art offense the last time they played the Steelers? Maybe they left it in the locker room. Or maybe the Steelers 'D' dominated the Bengals.

Look, Palmer is a good quarterback. Especially for the system that Cincy uses. I'll give him credit for that, not that it matters. Who's a better quarterback? Who cares. Neither guy has a picture holding the Lombardi trophy, do they?

Before everybody loses perspective on this one, right now Ben has the wins (counting last sseason) and Palmer has the stats. Well, except for career QB rating. We'll take our guy, you take yours. It's the other 21 guys that make a difference so we'll see how your fellas stack up on Sunday.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #28
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

My scoreboard says Ben - 3, Carson Punker - 0. Don't blame us cause' our QB can WIN.

How about going to a bungle board and asking them if they can tell Carson not to throw the ball to US so often?