Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain
 
Steelerfreak58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Modesto
Posts: 847
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8080
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Dear Ben,

Thank You so much for putting up with the complete and utter bullshit play of the offensive line and Mr. Arians play calling yesterday. You are an ultimate team player and my hat is off to you. Watching you fight and battle all of the sickening play calling and punishment you took was a true testimony of your character.

I fear for your general well being and safety at this point because from this point forward every team that plays against you now has a full blown blueprint on how to kick the living crap out of you for the next 14 games. Mr. Arian's did nothing to help alleviate your torment and seemed to be oblivious to the fact that the offensive line had more holes in it then a cheese grater.

I also must confess that I have some trepidation about Mr. Tomlin's ability to give his Offensive Coordinator a swift kick in the ass and telling him to wake the hell up and give you some short quick pop passing plays to actually get something going for you and your team mates. Not to mention the lack of any screen calls to try and keep the defense from selling out on just about every play coming at you from everywhere on the field.

At one point during the game I looked over at my father who has been a Steeler fan for 60+ years and said I have never felt so bad for a guy playing a game. I wished for one instance Mr. Roethlisberger that you would have walked over to Mr. Arian's and handed him the ball and told him to go out there and play with what he was giving you but I realized that you would never have done that because you have too much heart and too much dignity as a member of this great organization.

Once again I say thank you for being one hell of a class act and not coming unglued at yesterday's complete fiasco of a game. Please take care of yourself number seven I am sure I can speak for the entire Steeler Nation and say you are in our prayers.

Sincerely

A Grateful and Worried Steeler Fan
__________________
Steelerfreak58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter
 
Avoid LLoyd1975's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Just moved back from Cali, back in Saxonburg, PA
Posts: 446
Gender: Male
Member Number: 376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

That was fitting...It almost looked like Ben was being put up against the Steel Curtain defense of the 70's the way the O-Line let them walk in every other play.
__________________
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
iloveben7
Team Captain
 
iloveben7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 823
Gender: Female
Member Number: 3165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

What a great letter. I always feel bad for Ben when he gets sacked, but yesterday just made me sick. I could hardly even watch the game. We are very lucky that Ben didn't get killed yesterday.
__________________
Pittsburgh is the City Of Champions

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
steelerzfannforever
Water Boy
 
steelerzfannforever's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 49
Member Number: 9327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Ive been a Steeler fan for 30+ years and I cannot recall a poorer performance from any Steeler O line than what we saw yesterday. The most sickening fact to it all is that our OC, Mr Arians had no clue as to how to call a game to protect his quarterback. Does it take a genius to realize that quick slants, passes to your running backs, and draws are a way to combat the type of defense that we saw yesterday? Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things? It just ripped my heart out to see Ben (our beloved quarterback) tossed around like a ragdoll. Ben has way to much class to call out Mr Arians, but let me say this to Mr Arians: Mr Arians, I am one fan in this wonderful affiliation that we all call Steeler nation, and I am also one that contributes to your salary each year that you stand on the black n gold sideline. With that being said, let me say this: "If I ever witness our quarterback take the abuse that you inflicted on him yesterday, I hope that you are in surgery immediately following the game to remove the shoe out of your A** that Mr Roethlisberger had implanted from a swift kick to your backside. You sir deserved to take the beating that Ben took, not him! "WAKE UP AND GET IN THE GAME"!
steelerzfannforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Michael Keller
Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sacramento California
Posts: 429
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5736
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerzfannforever View Post
Ive been a Steeler fan for 30+ years and I cannot recall a poorer performance from any Steeler O line than what we saw yesterday. The most sickening fact to it all is that our OC, Mr Arians had no clue as to how to call a game to protect his quarterback. Does it take a genius to realize that quick slants, passes to your running backs, and draws are a way to combat the type of defense that we saw yesterday? Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things? It just ripped my heart out to see Ben (our beloved quarterback) tossed around like a ragdoll. Ben has way to much class to call out Mr Arians, but let me say this to Mr Arians: Mr Arians, I am one fan in this wonderful affiliation that we all call Steeler nation, and I am also one that contributes to your salary each year that you stand on the black n gold sideline. With that being said, let me say this: "If I ever witness our quarterback take the abuse that you inflicted on him yesterday, I hope that you are in surgery immediately following the game to remove the shoe out of your A** that Mr Roethlisberger had implanted from a swift kick to your backside. You sir deserved to take the beating that Ben took, not him! "WAKE UP AND GET IN THE GAME"!




Great expression of truth !!
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

This is just really getting so old.. I still really cant believe that we didnt do anything in this past springs' NFL draft to prevent this from happening again this season. It is just very dissapointing to see Ben take hit after hit and never show any emotion at all about it. What will it take for the Rooneys to really realize that they just might have made a mistake this time around...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,478
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 175
Thanked 950 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerzfannforever View Post
Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things?
Maybe because "we" really don't and "fixing" these issues using 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning armchair QBing on a messageboard is a hell of a lot easier than what those coaches who make tons of money have to do in real time?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Maybe because "we" really don't and "fixing" these issues using 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning armchair QBing on a messageboard is a hell of a lot easier than what those coaches who make tons of money have to do in real time?
but we can do a better job than them

it's amazing how some actually claim they know how to fix the issues
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
missedgehead
Starter
 
missedgehead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: KY
Posts: 413
Gender: Female
Member Number: 8622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Here is a PS. Please have Mr. Arians FIRED ASAP for the horrible and PREDICTABLE playcalling. Thanks.
__________________


Credit: Spongebobglav for both avatar and signature
missedgehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,553
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,310
Thanked 753 Times in 397 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedgehead View Post
Here is a PS. Please have Mr. Arians FIRED ASAP for the horrible and PREDICTABLE playcalling. Thanks.
So what happened to your beloved Pats* yesterday? Or are you done with them since they have no chance at winning shit with Cassel.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts