Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Dear Ben,

Thank You so much for putting up with the complete and utter bullshit play of the offensive line and Mr. Arians play calling yesterday. You are an ultimate team player and my hat is off to you. Watching you fight and battle all of the sickening play calling and punishment you took was a true testimony of your character.

I fear for your general well being and safety at this point because from this point forward every team that plays against you now has a full blown blueprint on how to kick the living crap out of you for the next 14 games. Mr. Arian's did nothing to help alleviate your torment and seemed to be oblivious to the fact that the offensive line had more holes in it then a cheese grater.

I also must confess that I have some trepidation about Mr. Tomlin's ability to give his Offensive Coordinator a swift kick in the ass and telling him to wake the hell up and give you some short quick pop passing plays to actually get something going for you and your team mates. Not to mention the lack of any screen calls to try and keep the defense from selling out on just about every play coming at you from everywhere on the field.

At one point during the game I looked over at my father who has been a Steeler fan for 60+ years and said I have never felt so bad for a guy playing a game. I wished for one instance Mr. Roethlisberger that you would have walked over to Mr. Arian's and handed him the ball and told him to go out there and play with what he was giving you but I realized that you would never have done that because you have too much heart and too much dignity as a member of this great organization.

Once again I say thank you for being one hell of a class act and not coming unglued at yesterday's complete fiasco of a game. Please take care of yourself number seven I am sure I can speak for the entire Steeler Nation and say you are in our prayers.

Sincerely

A Grateful and Worried Steeler Fan
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376
Default Re: A Letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

That was fitting...It almost looked like Ben was being put up against the Steel Curtain defense of the 70's the way the O-Line let them walk in every other play.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

What a great letter. I always feel bad for Ben when he gets sacked, but yesterday just made me sick. I could hardly even watch the game. We are very lucky that Ben didn't get killed yesterday.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
steelerzfannforever
Water Boy

Member Number: 9327

Ive been a Steeler fan for 30+ years and I cannot recall a poorer performance from any Steeler O line than what we saw yesterday. The most sickening fact to it all is that our OC, Mr Arians had no clue as to how to call a game to protect his quarterback. Does it take a genius to realize that quick slants, passes to your running backs, and draws are a way to combat the type of defense that we saw yesterday? Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things? It just ripped my heart out to see Ben (our beloved quarterback) tossed around like a ragdoll. Ben has way to much class to call out Mr Arians, but let me say this to Mr Arians: Mr Arians, I am one fan in this wonderful affiliation that we all call Steeler nation, and I am also one that contributes to your salary each year that you stand on the black n gold sideline. With that being said, let me say this: "If I ever witness our quarterback take the abuse that you inflicted on him yesterday, I hope that you are in surgery immediately following the game to remove the shoe out of your A** that Mr Roethlisberger had implanted from a swift kick to your backside. You sir deserved to take the beating that Ben took, not him! "WAKE UP AND GET IN THE GAME"!
steelerzfannforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerzfannforever View Post
Ive been a Steeler fan for 30+ years and I cannot recall a poorer performance from any Steeler O line than what we saw yesterday. The most sickening fact to it all is that our OC, Mr Arians had no clue as to how to call a game to protect his quarterback. Does it take a genius to realize that quick slants, passes to your running backs, and draws are a way to combat the type of defense that we saw yesterday? Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things? It just ripped my heart out to see Ben (our beloved quarterback) tossed around like a ragdoll. Ben has way to much class to call out Mr Arians, but let me say this to Mr Arians: Mr Arians, I am one fan in this wonderful affiliation that we all call Steeler nation, and I am also one that contributes to your salary each year that you stand on the black n gold sideline. With that being said, let me say this: "If I ever witness our quarterback take the abuse that you inflicted on him yesterday, I hope that you are in surgery immediately following the game to remove the shoe out of your A** that Mr Roethlisberger had implanted from a swift kick to your backside. You sir deserved to take the beating that Ben took, not him! "WAKE UP AND GET IN THE GAME"!

Great expression of truth !!
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

This is just really getting so old.. I still really cant believe that we didnt do anything in this past springs' NFL draft to prevent this from happening again this season. It is just very dissapointing to see Ben take hit after hit and never show any emotion at all about it. What will it take for the Rooneys to really realize that they just might have made a mistake this time around...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerzfannforever View Post
Why is it that we as fans seem to know how to fix the issues, but the coaches who make tons of money to do something they love cannot see these things?
Maybe because "we" really don't and "fixing" these issues using 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning armchair QBing on a messageboard is a hell of a lot easier than what those coaches who make tons of money have to do in real time?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Maybe because "we" really don't and "fixing" these issues using 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning armchair QBing on a messageboard is a hell of a lot easier than what those coaches who make tons of money have to do in real time?
but we can do a better job than them

it's amazing how some actually claim they know how to fix the issues
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
missedgehead
Starter

Member Number: 8622

Here is a PS. Please have Mr. Arians FIRED ASAP for the horrible and PREDICTABLE playcalling. Thanks.

Credit: Spongebobglav for both avatar and signature
missedgehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedgehead View Post
Here is a PS. Please have Mr. Arians FIRED ASAP for the horrible and PREDICTABLE playcalling. Thanks.
So what happened to your beloved Pats* yesterday? Or are you done with them since they have no chance at winning shit with Cassel.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote