Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-29-2005, 05:31 PM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: What is it that we need???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroDecks
Your line's not that bad, it just depends on the matchup. If they have small quick guys to pass block they are gonna get beat.
If they have slower guys and just need to run the ball then they are pretty good. They fit into your system. You are a running team. Being a running team is not that bad, especially not in our division. Wouldn't you rather play down and dirty with the Browns and Ravens twice a year than be able to beat the finesse pretty boys like the Rams and Colts that you see once every 4 years?

Just remember who you are, and enjoy it. That's what makes you the Steelers. Do you guys honestly think Ben could be as effective throwing the ball 35 times per game? No chance!

you god? how the hell you know that he wouldn't be as effective???????????????????? i ****ing hate when ppl say the bullshit you don't know if he'd be as effective hell he could be more effective throwing 40 times a game and we could be undeafted.......get the **** out of here with that bullshit
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdapit
is it me but on the colts second drive they threw it right to mcfadden and he couldnt stop it. what was it with Mcfadden?

he's a rookie so peyton decided to take advantage of him not really playing season and is still learning how to cover in the nfl......at least he made the tackles and didn't allow a shitload after the catch
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:53 AM   #13
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroDecks
Your line's not that bad, it just depends on the matchup. If they have small quick guys to pass block they are gonna get beat.
If they have slower guys and just need to run the ball then they are pretty good. They fit into your system. You are a running team. Being a running team is not that bad, especially not in our division. Wouldn't you rather play down and dirty with the Browns and Ravens twice a year than be able to beat the finesse pretty boys like the Rams and Colts that you see once every 4 years?

Just remember who you are, and enjoy it. That's what makes you the Steelers. Do you guys honestly think Ben could be as effective throwing the ball 35 times per game? No chance!
If you were to put Ben in Carson Palmer's offense, he'd be the MVP IMO. Look how far he's progressed thus far, in what, HALF the time it took Carson to get to this level? Yea yea Carson sat for a year but he STILL tries to force too many into coverage and gets confused and rattled more. Sheesh, if we ever get the weapons and system that the bungles have, Ben will be almost unstoppable!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:12 AM   #14
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Ben has 10x the pocket presence Palmer has! Palmer will be good as will Eli, but Ben will is by far better. He is stronger, harder to bring down, tougher, more mobile and just a accurate as anyone else in the league. Look how many late game drives he has engineered to win games in the last couple seasons. He really has no game breaking weapons like Eli and Palmer have and since he was not drafted #1 or is not named Manning he gets little to no credit. Give him back Burress or CJohnson and see what happens. On top of that, as you have stated, our Offense is built around the running game so he doesnt have to throw 40x a game. When he has to throw, he completes his passes. One of the reasons he was had the highest QB rating up until last week. Had he not been rusty he would still have the highest rating IMO.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 AM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdapit
is it me but on the colts second drive they threw it right to mcfadden and he couldnt stop it. what was it with Mcfadden?
Mcfadden got picked on because, as Koopa said, he is a rookie who is matched up with a WR who is having a career year on the best offense currently in football - kinda smells of a mis-match dont it?

From what I seen, Mcfadden got beat on a some quick in slants - the kind of timing plays that are much easier when you have as settled an offensive unit as the Colts have.

The main thing is that he didnt get repeatedly beat deep and that when receivers made their catches he wrapped them up and didnt let his morale drop off.

McFadden is a keeper.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:28 AM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Mcfadden got picked on because, as Koopa said, he is a rookie who is matched up with a WR who is having a career year on the best offense currently in football - kinda smells of a mis-match dont it?

From what I seen, Mcfadden got beat on a some quick in slants - the kind of timing plays that are much easier when you have as settled an offensive unit as the Colts have.

The main thing is that he didnt get repeatedly beat deep and that when receivers made their catches he wrapped them up and didnt let his morale drop off.

McFadden is a keeper.

NM
I agree. Montana and Rice made Hof careers with quick slants. Your timing has to be perfect on the slant pattern. And it is the hardest pass to defend. Especially against a Manning, or Montana.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:27 AM   #17
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

I have to admit.Weisenhunt is disapointing me,the colts game was the worst I've seen in my 200 years of watching the nfl.

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

O line is disappointing...We need a RG and need to start grooming a center.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote