Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Hines4ever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9374
Default Can OL be fixed/adjusted in a weeks time?

With the apparent Oline problems, it is realistic to think that it can be adjusted in time for MNF????
Hines4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Can OL be fixed/adjusted in a weeks time?

It'll be adjusted, but not fixed.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

what he said ^^^^
can be adjusted and improved upon for sure but will not be "fixed" this year. anyone who thought it would be "fixed" this year had been drinking too much. but it will get better for sure.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Should have been adjusted at halftime of the Eagles game and the Steelers would be 3-0.

What exactly is fixed?? Some dream world where O linemen drafted in the 5th,6th and 7th round somehow all perform like Hall of Famers??

All the fans that have never played or understand the technique it takes to play O-line, or D-line for that matter can keep dreaming of "fixed".
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

You can't truly fix he OL without roster moves so i would guess they will watch film and hopefully adjust some blocking schemes.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

it hasn't been "fixed" in years, so 1 week isn't gonna make a difference. The same losers will be starting...
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Beauchamp
Banned

Member Number: 9503

The line is the least of my worries.

We could've tore apart the middle of the secondary with a simple short slant to Heath Miller or a curl by any receiver.

The line gave up as many sacks as the Eagles line did to Mcnabb. Big Ben gave the Eagles 4 more sacks by running into the defensive linemen.

Cowboys- 41
Steelers -6

How many times did you see Romo have pressure in his face but the ball was out of his hands? They threw 4 yard routes that went for 12 everytime Eagles blitzed the house.

Play calling needs to get better and Big Ben needs to make better reads and act like the 2nd highest paid quarterback in the league.

If you blitz 7 against 5 linemen, they will get through I promise you that.

How many people think that Big Ben wants a pro bowl over a superbowl? It worked to perfection last year. Big Ben makes a pro bowl and gets a nice pay this year even though we were sacked about 50 times. He's worried about his quarterback rating, not winning. Having said that: The line takes all the heat everytime Big Ben thinks he can't fit a ball in because he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. Faneca left because of it I assure you.

Again: The line is the least of my worries.
Beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
The line is the least of my worries.

We could've tore apart the middle of the secondary with a simple short slant to Heath Miller or a curl by any receiver.

The line gave up as many sacks as the Eagles line did to Mcnabb. Big Ben gave the Eagles 4 more sacks by running into the defensive linemen.

Cowboys- 41
Steelers -6

How many times did you see Romo have pressure in his face but the ball was out of his hands? They threw 4 yard routes that went for 12 everytime Eagles blitzed the house.

Play calling needs to get better and Big Ben needs to make better reads and act like the 2nd highest paid quarterback in the league.

If you blitz 7 against 5 linemen, they will get through I promise you that.

How many people think that Big Ben wants a pro bowl over a superbowl? It worked to perfection last year. Big Ben makes a pro bowl and gets a nice pay this year even though we were sacked about 50 times. He's worried about his quarterback rating, not winning. Having said that: The line takes all the heat everytime Big Ben thinks he can't fit a ball in because he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. Faneca left because of it I assure you.

Again: The line is the least of my worries.
Pretty hard to get into rhythm with the pressure he was under. I don't agree with pro bowl over SB. There is no doubt Ben holds the ball too long on occasion. I think its due to trying to make a big play as opposed to thinking he can't fit a ball in and ruin his QB rating. I have never heard or seen Ben call out o-line, or ridicule a receiver for missing assignment. I think he is ultimate team player and could care less about rating as opposed to winning. Maybe I just think too highly of Ben, Phil Sims stated Ben missed a couple of throws in the game and I thought they should have been caught. Probably not game changing but 2 to 3 passes could have been caught.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

The big thing is that the Offense was playing well until the latter stages of the 2nd quarter when the blitzes and rash of sacks started.

Ben then understandably got happy feet and played scared, the O line was confused and the coaches did nothing to correct that.

We were all watching in the 4th quarter thinking the Steelers had a chance to still win the game until the final fumble/sack, so I am not really concerned on the whole. It can be corrected.

My only real concern is how will Colon handle speed rush this monday. Neither he nor Starks is good against speed rushers, so have to pick our poison or get TE help over there.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I smell some RATS on this board today, blaming Big Ben for all the problems our offense had on Sunday.

I find it hilarious that when our defense gets sacks, fumbles, and Ints against another team we talk about how great they played and how great Dick L game planned and called the defense all game, yet when someone does it to us, its all Ben's fault.

Rats on the board. Get me a hammer.