Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Relax...

I don't disagree with the onside kick call. Just the timing of it was dumb. Plus the Steelers didn't even look like they tried to recover it.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:28 PM   #12
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

I was at the game, and I could not believe how loud it was...wow. I can't give them much credit for it though because its indoors (easy way to get noise). But I do respect thier fans for knowing when to make the noise, even late in the 4th quarter, they were all making noise. The game was a great experience but I had a horrible time due to the results.

Hats off the colts fans and the people of Indy, great hospitality and we had fun (especially at the Red Garter) lol
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #13
steelcityjameser
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 827

i am with them until the end. i agree that cincy is a MUST win. but i think there is cause for concern with the team. if they lose to cincy i don't think they have the mojo to turn it back around. they will have 4 games to make up 2 in the loss column. basically your fate is in other peoples' hands. i will not panic until the time has come, but saying that there are no worries is being naive. i will not go into detail at this time, but i will try to relax.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:48 PM   #14
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

In some of the recent years where we fell short, we were playing our best football in the early to middle part of the season... and fell apart late in the season and in the playoffs. Maybe this year we have already taken our lumps, and they are about to come together and play at their best for a late season run.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 AM   #15
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well the good thing is that our D showed it was capable of making a game of it. And from the highlights (wasnt able to watch the game) it looked as though Ben was a little rusty. Our Oline and penalties need to improve for sure, there is little margin for error against teams like this and we made too many of them. As long as we get through these next 2 games with W's we should start rolling for the playoffs with 3 easier games going in. Our playoffs pretty much start next week!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Glad to see this board isn't as "Chicken Little" as I might have thought...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #17
fergusonat
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 874

I don't see Monday's game as the end (maybe the beginning of the end ) but we still have a chance, obviously. It all pretty much depends on Sunday. I know the Steelers can win. They have the talent and hopefully the motivation now, but anything can happen. The Bungles also have motivation...taking a 2 game lead in the division. It will be a very interesting game, and as long as Cowher finds a balance between predictability and outrageous plays like the now infamous onside kick, we should be fine. The biggest key in a win Sunday, however, is the offensive line taking their thumbs out of their asses and making some blocks to make room for Willie, Duce, and the Bus...that and Ben making a few big plays with Heath, Hines, and Randle El
fergusonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 PM   #18
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Any fan who is giving up on the season right now is pretty crazy. Indy was riding high and they crushed the Steelers, sure, but that was one game. Is it scary that the Steelers couldn't beat the Ravens? A little, but the team still holds it's playoff chances firmly in their grasps.

A win over Cincy would be a great step in proving that they just hit a bump in the road but were able to recover. Besides, wouldn't it be sweet if the Steelers made the playoffs and were able to knock the Colts out in the dome?
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts

Well, it may not be the end of the road, but we certainly have an unobstructed view of it.

As Bouchette said in the P-G today, this team has peaked the last 2 years in late October and appears unable of making any deep playoff run this year. Last year the offense declined after Burress pulled a hamstring in November. This year it has been impossible to get offensive consistency with Ben injured - now the OL is unraveling with Smith hurt and who knows what going on with Simmons.

In some ways this season reminds me of 1996 (first year for Bettis), when the Steelers were hot in October, limped into the playoffs after a slide that started with a terrible road loss to Baltimore around Thanksgiving, and then went 1-1 in the playoffs after not getting a bye.

Still hoping for the best as the season hinges on Cincy. Lose that game and it gets real ugly.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #20
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Yet this is still essentially the same team that beat a good San Diego team on the road when it looked like even the officials didn't want to see the Steelers win.

We need to jump up on the Bengals and never let them into the game. Regain confidence, and keep moving on.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote