Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts
Default Re: McCain Camp: Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

And, Tony, you got caught, fair and square. McCain's company matters, and Obama's doesn't. You said it yourself, not me...
"fair and square"???

you think you caught me, but you havent. i choose my words rather wisely. notice the word "keep" is in present and future tense.

ive already stated im not looking in the rearview mirror. ive already stated mccains and obamas religious council is not a big issue with me. ive never made an issue of mccains manwhoring and partying days while a young naval officer in Fla. just like ive never made an issue with obamas drug experimentation as a youth.

i would be living in a glass house casting stones if i did that.

paling and gramm are the main company i am refering to, and i think ive been pretty straight forward about that.

holy cow! palin is about a trainwreck when she opens her mouth and that's so even being compared to joe "gaffe" bidden.

and gramm? wow, gramm.... that is the white elephant that shall not be mentioned.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

Quote:
Check his SENATE disclosure. That was where the Freddie Mac money came from. 2nd on the list of recipients...he must have done some good work for them.

And, Tony, you got caught, fair and square. McCain's company matters, and Obama's doesn't. You said it yourself, not me...
I've been checking, and still can't find any PAC money. I need your kind assistance. Do you mind forwarding a link? Much appreciated.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
I've been checking, and still can't find any PAC money. I need your kind assistance. Do you mind forwarding a link? Much appreciated.
I'll ignore the not so subtle patronizing tone, as well as the fact that my first post on this thread HAD links, and go ahead and provide more. In fact, I'll cut and paste so we don't have to keep re-establishing the same FACTS over and over again.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008...d-freddie.html

(I went down to Hillary Clinton, since that seems to have certain poetic justice to it)

Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers

Published by Lindsay Renick Mayer on September 11, 2008 11:26 AM | Permalink | Comments (21)

When the federal government announced two months ago that it would prop up mortgage buyers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, CRP looked at how much money members of Congress had collected since 1989 from the companies. On Sunday the government completely took over the two government-sponsored enterprises, and we've returned to our data to bring you the updates, this time providing a list of all 354 lawmakers who have gotten money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (in July we posted the top 25). These totals are based on data released electronically from the FEC on Sept. 2 and include contributions to lawmakers' leadership PACs and candidate committees from the floundering companies' PACs and employees. Current members of Congress have received a total of $4.8 million from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, with Democrats collecting 57 percent of that. This week we also wrote about how much money lawmakers had invested of their own money in the companies last year--a total of up to $1.7 million.

All Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie MacCampaign Contributions, 1989-2008
Name Office State Party Grand Total Total from
PACs
Total from
Individuals
Dodd, Christopher J S CT D $165,400 $48,500 $116,900 Obama, Barack S IL D $126,349 $6,000 $120,349 Kerry, John S MA D $111,000 $2,000 $109,000 Bennett, Robert F S UT R $107,999 $71,499 $36,500 Bachus, Spencer H AL R $103,300 $70,500 $32,800 Blunt, Roy H MO R $96,950 $78,500 $18,450 Kanjorski, Paul E H PA D $96,000 $57,500 $38,500 Bond, Christopher S 'Kit' S MO R $95,400 $64,000 $31,400 Shelby, Richard C S AL R $80,000 $23,000 $57,000 Reed, Jack S RI D $78,250 $43,500 $34,750 Reid, Harry S NV D $77,000 $60,500 $16,500 Clinton, Hillary S NY D $76,050 $8,000 $68,050
Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #24
Steelerstrength
Starter

Quote:
I'll ignore the not so subtle patronizing tone, as well as the fact that my first post on this thread HAD links, and go ahead and provide more. In fact, I'll cut and paste so we don't have to keep re-establishing the same FACTS over and over again.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008...d-freddie.html

(I went down to Hillary Clinton, since that seems to have certain poetic justice to it)

Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers

Published by Lindsay Renick Mayer on September 11, 2008 11:26 AM | Permalink | Comments (21)

When the federal government announced two months ago that it would prop up mortgage buyers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, CRP looked at how much money members of Congress had collected since 1989 from the companies. On Sunday the government completely took over the two government-sponsored enterprises, and we've returned to our data to bring you the updates, this time providing a list of all 354 lawmakers who have gotten money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (in July we posted the top 25). These totals are based on data released electronically from the FEC on Sept. 2 and include contributions to lawmakers' leadership PACs and candidate committees from the floundering companies' PACs and employees. Current members of Congress have received a total of $4.8 million from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, with Democrats collecting 57 percent of that. This week we also wrote about how much money lawmakers had invested of their own money in the companies last year--a total of up to $1.7 million.

All Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie MacCampaign Contributions, 1989-2008
Name Office State Party Grand Total Total from
PACs
Total from
Individuals
Dodd, Christopher J S CT D $165,400 $48,500 $116,900 Obama, Barack S IL D $126,349 $6,000 $120,349 Kerry, John S MA D $111,000 $2,000 $109,000 Bennett, Robert F S UT R $107,999 $71,499 $36,500 Bachus, Spencer H AL R $103,300 $70,500 $32,800 Blunt, Roy H MO R $96,950 $78,500 $18,450 Kanjorski, Paul E H PA D $96,000 $57,500 $38,500 Bond, Christopher S 'Kit' S MO R $95,400 $64,000 $31,400 Shelby, Richard C S AL R $80,000 $23,000 $57,000 Reed, Jack S RI D $78,250 $43,500 $34,750 Reid, Harry S NV D $77,000 $60,500 $16,500 Clinton, Hillary S NY D $76,050 $8,000 $68,050

Everything has been cool, and unfortunately through computers, I cannot express my sincerety. I really could not find PAC money, and your link shows $6000 in PAC money. Total contributions are much different than PAC money. Individual contributions are much different. That's why in my earlier post I said "semantics" in regards to who contributed. That is exactly why I posted the link to the factual government reportings.

If you want to respectively share facts, I'm in. Straight out, I'm not into the bullshit back & forth. My tone has been far from patronizing. However, yours, only in this last post, was. Not cool. I sincerely thought we were conducting a civil conversation, something I wish to continue. No inuendo at all.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I could care less about your tone or whatever...it's completely irrelevant...I'll just ignore it from here on out and stick to the topic.

So are you refuting the fact that Obama recieved political contributions from Freddie Mac? Hair splitting aside, how is it okay for him to directly receive funding, but not okay for McCain to not receive funding?

This only makes sense if you are completely biased against McCain...
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #26
Steelerstrength
Starter

Quote:
I could care less about your tone or whatever...it's completely irrelevant...I'll just ignore it from here on out and stick to the topic.

So are you refuting the fact that Obama recieved political contributions from Freddie Mac? Hair splitting aside, how is it okay for him to directly receive funding, but not okay for McCain to not receive funding?

This only makes sense if you are completely biased against McCain...
One can only look to the factual reportings when not an expert on political contributions. That is exactly what I have done, without invoking personal opinion.

I would appreciate anything factual that you can present that documents who contributed the donations. I don't know. Was it the rank and file? Or was it indeed the executives? The contributions listed states they are from "Individuals".

They both received money from "Individuals" of Fannie May & Freddie Mac. Obama received much more. (126,000) compared to McCain (21,000) so both have received donations. My opinion is that this is bad for McCain and worse for Obama. But, when you throw in the fact that McCain Campain Manager Davis, received $15,000 per month until last month (for two years) , when the Fed's took over, that's additionally, and not subsequently, bad as well. (Davis is still factually documented in corporate filings as the Treasurer)

We can kindly disagree regarding our opinion of these issues.

It is also a point of interest, at least to me, that McCain officially received $1.27 million from PAC money, during his Presidential Campaign, and Obama has received $0.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

But Obama refused to take public money, so he could fill his coffers as full as he liked. It's also perfectly apropos at this juncture to point out that he vowed TO take public funding before he flopped and decided NOT to. That's well documented by the way...he did so because it means he now has unlimited funds with which to draw from...essentially McCain is capped at 84.1 million, and Obama can spend whatever he raises. That's particularly dubious because he earlier promised that he would ONLY accept public funding in an agreement he struck with the McCain camp.

What's more, less than 1% of McCains funds have come from PAC's...I'd say that's hardly enough to make him beholden to any special interest groups.

Besides, PAC's are usually most helpful in congressional races. Public funding is what's used in the last two months of the race, and the money comes from checking that little box on your tax returns.

So when you compare apples to apples, you have one guy using the system that every other candidate has since Watergate, and another guy lying about accepting that system, then gaining a huge financial advantage from that flip-flop.

One other thing...Obama pledged that his election would be funded by small contributions: $5, $10, $20...truth is that 55% of his contributions are over $200, so that's a bit of a fudge, too.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #28
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,985 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Not using public money means more for the bailout doesn't it?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Not using public money means more for the bailout doesn't it?
Again, the puyblic money comes directly from the taxpayers when we check the little box to donate $3 to the Presidential campaign fund.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #30
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,985 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

And if it's not all used, where does it go?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote