Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #31
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376
Default Re: Hartwig to Blame For the Most Sacks

I thiink we've all been spoiled by Dirt Dawson and having Hartings make the pro bowl. I would rather fret about our C position than rather our QB, RB, WR or any of out other skill positions on offense....things could be worse. Lets be a little humble here everyone. Damn I should be a moderator.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #32
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Everyone knows it's all Willie's fault.

Oh I was so waiting for that.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #33
Havik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8843

Hartwig struggled in Carolina, is injury prone, and was eventually replaced by Ryan Kalil, who the Panthers drafted in the 2nd round in 2007. Looking at the facts, I don't think he is the answer.
Havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #34
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
So much for Hartwig being the answer.... and Mahan being the problem.

from a link in another thread, I found this little beauty...
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/22/w...t-eagles/#cont

Now... Let's talk about this a second.

1. Who was responsible for the MOST sacks? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? That's right. HARTWIG.

2. Who's name is NOT up there that is almost ALWAYS spoken of with disdain? That's right, SIMMONS.

So much for all these website know-it-alls who think Simmons and Mahan were our problems last year, and cried cried cried when we let Faneca go.

Oh yeah, let's look at Faneca's replacement. How many sacks was that? 1? Only his third game starting?

What I learned from this little tidbit.

1. Faneca-- We DONT need you, your replacement is fine.

2. Hartwig sucked this game worse than Mahan EVERY DID in a game.

3. People need to cool off about Simmons.

4. Colon needs to figure out what is wrong.
Big profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering deal you found a site with an opinion.....So I guess it makes you right...lol

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=3643

I have a link to and I'm not saying this site is more credible.....But there are various sites out there with opinions so why make a freaking thread proclaiming Hartwig is worse then Mahan...Why even defend Sean Mahan?...Is he your cousin?.....Mahan isn't on the team anymore and I could care less about him....Mahan also had a whole season of bad play were Hartwig had one bad game....I don't think Hartwig is the answer but this site is so funny.....

You guys are so like a high school click...You rag on people for making various pointless such and such player sucks thread but you do the same thing by making this worthless thread....Just defending Simmons proves that...Kendall Simmons is an average at best OG....Nothing more and nothing less...He is hardly the answer to...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #35
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Big profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering deal you found a site with an opinion.....So I guess it makes you right...lol

I have a link to and I'm not saying this site is more credible.....But there are various sites out there with opinions so why make a freaking thread proclaiming Hartwig is worse then Mahan...Why even defend Sean Mahan?...Is he your cousin?.....Mahan isn't on the team anymore and I could care less about him....Mahan also had a whole season of bad play were Hartwig had one bad game....I don't think Hartwig is the answer but this site is so funny.....

You guys are so like a high school click...You rag on people for making various pointless such and such player sucks thread but you do the same thing by making this worthless thread....Just defending Simmons proves that...Kendall Simmons is an average at best OG....Nothing more and nothing less...He is hardly the answer to...lol
Dan - Preacher is just stating his opinion. We discuss former Steelers quite often, so what is the problem?

If this thread is so worthless, why did you waste the font and time replying to it?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #36
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Speaking of former centers...can we bring back Mike Webster?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #37
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

By your response, I can tell you didn't read through the thread. The point of the thread was how scapegoating one player doesn't help the line. Now, by picking another player in place of Mahan, those where laying the world's problems at his feet... now have to find someone else. This thread was tongue in cheek, which, if you read through it, you would find out.

Quote:
So high school.. well, well, your so JUNIOR highschool!!!

No, I expect enough people can actually understand adult communication. BTW, look at the BOTTOM of my original post.. .where there is an ACTUAL discussion (4 points)...

yet... what is funny, is that I guess you have already found your next scapegoat.
Quote:
Just defending Simmons proves that...Kendall Simmons is an average at best OG....Nothing more and nothing less...He is hardly the answer to...lol
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #38
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Hey Preacher..I liked your post, and I agree w/ you...
Old 09-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #39
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Man I sure miss Jeff Hartings right now! Oh yeah special thanks to the front office for thinking we didn't need Alan Faneca anymore ! Worst Move Ever!
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #40
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
Man I sure miss Jeff Hartings right now! Oh yeah special thanks to the front office for thinking we didn't need Alan Faneca anymore ! Worst Move Ever!
We don't need Faneca!!!!!!

So much has been placed on 1 game and it seems that some are ready to give this season up as a lost. The Steelers will improve. While the line has not been the best if you will look at other teams most offensive pass plays are gone from the QB's hand within 3 seconds most of the Steeler pass plays take 4 seconds or more which will lead to sacks! Unless something can be done to get the ball out of Ben's hand faster more sacks will come or we run the ball 75% of the time.

Before anyone post so it is Ben's fault now that he gets sacked; that is not what I am saying it may be the play calling or other things but you can't ask your line to hold blitzes back on the bulk of your pass plays past that 3 second mark.

I just ask that you watch other offenses and time when the ball leaves the QB's hand and check out the Steelers Pass plays. When the Steelers release the ball within that 3 second window you see more positive results.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote