Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default My king scorpion tried to attack me

I have nothing to say today about football today so I guess I will share my experience last night.

Last night I picked up my King Scorpion, who is normally quite docile, but last night she went berserk. I've learned to pick them up by their tails ( I have 2 ) but immediately she tried to move her tail in a constant stinging motion. I've seen the 2 go at it (fighting) and they can use their tails in a lightning fast motion.

Normaly I can set them down on my stomach and they just hang out there with no sign of aggresion, but when I tried this she grabbed my shirt and wouldnt let go. This is no small scorpion I estimate about 8 inches long. However I never let go of its tail, as I senced something was wrong. I immediately put it back in the aquarium.

I believe this one is the female. I picked up what I think to be the male and he was very docile and just hung out on my stomach.

My only explination is that perhaps the female is pregnant, as she has never acted that way before, and the male, well it was business as usual.

They are not poisonous but if stung, I'm sure it would hurt like a mother.... The size of their stingers...well let's just say huge.

Anyone here familiar with King scorpions?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,381 Posts
Default Re: My king scorpion tried to attack me

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
steelwall
Head Coach

Look at the size of that stinger....poisonous or not....that would smart.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

I always wanted those! I saw one in a tank once... all the others were mellow and this one was digging in the gravel and throwing the pieces over its shoulder like it was digging for treasure.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
I always wanted those! I saw one in a tank once... all the others were mellow and this one was digging in the gravel and throwing the pieces over its shoulder like it was digging for treasure.

Actually they are really cool to handle (unless you have an incident like I had last night) pretty fun to freak out your buddies that come over by laying one on them without them seeing....watch them scream like a girl...hehe...

Seriously usually they are very docile towards people, my 2 fight alot, and thats cool to watch. They cant hurt each other but boy they sure go at it from time to time.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought my friend was nuts for having so many snakes...OUCH if you ever get stung!!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought my friend was nuts for having so many snakes...OUCH if you ever get stung!!!!!
Well like I said they are not poisonous, but given the size of their stingers, I'm sure it would hurt like hell. Not to mention when they fight each other I've seen them lash those stingers with complete accuracy at least 3 times a second, so I'm sure it would have a good chance of stinging you more than once.

Hence the reason I allways pick them up by the tail.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Well like I said they are not poisonous, but given the size of their stingers, I'm sure it would hurt like hell. Not to mention when they fight each other I've seen them lash those stingers with complete accuracy at least 3 times a second, so I'm sure it would have a good chance of stinging you more than once.

Hence the reason I allways pick them up by the tail.
Still - so scary - kudos to you my brave friend!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,288 Times in 1,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Actually they are really cool to handle (unless you have an incident like I had last night) pretty fun to freak out your buddies that come over by laying one on them without them seeing....watch them scream like a girl...hehe...

Seriously usually they are very docile towards people, my 2 fight alot, and thats cool to watch. They cant hurt each other but boy they sure go at it from time to time.
i had a friend do that to me with a trantulla he just bought and i didn't know he had.....i may have sounded a little girly, but it was nothing compared to the whining he did over his DEAD spider.............i don't remember the ridiculous amount he payed for it, but he only owned it for 2 hrs......

i forgot to add.....he bought guppies and neons for his new aquarium.......AND FLUSHED THE CRICKETS DOWN THE TOILET !!! LMAO!!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 09-25-2008 at 11:33 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i had a friend do that to me with a trantulla he just bought and i didn't know he had.....i may have sounded a little girly, but it was nothing compared to the whining he did over his DEAD spider.............i don't remember the ridiculous amount he payed for it, but he only owned it for 2 hrs......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote