Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #21
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Max Starks

I say let him play at least a half or even 1 quarter. Giving up 8 sacks is ridiculous, hell give the guy a shot to earn the money we're giving him. If he blows, then yank him.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #22
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
Actually Starks should be over LT over Smith.
I couldn't agree more with your comment Marvel hasn't done anything in the last 3 seasons. All he's done is consistantly get burned and pancaked on the left side even when he had faneca to his right. Lets get Max in there and start giving this team of great playmakers some time!
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #23
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,163 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
If Starks is a better pass blocker then I woulde take that , because we can always run the opposite side of him. With Starks in there maybe Ben won't get treated like a rag doll, and will have some time to pass..we have to start limiting the sacks on Ben or he won't finish this season, much less a long career w/ us.
Problem is that Starks might not be a better pass blocker. He has longer arms to keep guys away initially, but with his slow feet, they ususally run around him.

I seem to remember both Starks and Colon having problems with speed rushers like Terrel Suggs. If somehow Starks could play with the quickness and intensity of Colon.....he would be an all pro. Instead, it looks like they are both just mediocre RT's.

Will probably see Tony Hills competing for RT spot next season. He has the athleticism and size, but just not strong enough physically and technically yet.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #24
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,163 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
I couldn't agree more with your comment Marvel hasn't done anything in the last 3 seasons. All he's done is consistantly get burned and pancaked on the left side even when he had faneca to his right. Lets get Max in there and start giving this team of great playmakers some time!
I couldnt disagree more! 3 seasons ago, Marvel Smith collected a Super Bowl Ring and a trip to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii for his play.

I agree he looked bad last season because of his back injury. Max Starks is a matador.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote