Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-30-2005, 12:24 AM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Give an honest opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24seven
The receivers are fine.. I can't believe you say Cedric Wilson sucks Koopa.. Everytime a pass comes his way he catches it.. Just so happens he's only had like 5 balls thrown his way all season!! I understand why he's complaining about not getting the ball.. Ward gets damn near every look from all 3 qb's.. I don't think ARE had 1 pass go his way last night either.. Not that there were to many passes to begin with but the Steelers need to learn how to block before we can even open up the passing game.. Damn Essex and Simmons need to figure out a snap count and who to block or were toast against the Cardinals!! Were playing the worst football i've ever seen the Steelers play and there's been some pretty shitty years.. I've never been more frustrated watching them than the last 2 games.. It's been pathetic.. I'm still mostly pissed at Cower though for being the biggest dumbass in coaching.. GET A CLUE!!!!!! When the defense is on the back before the ball is even in the air it's called PREDICTABLE!!!!! They know were runnin screen cause it hasn't worked the last 50 times we might as well try it again!!!!It's bound to work eventually.. NOT!!!!!!! Man i don't think i can take another week like these 2 or I'm gonna have to take a liking to Basketball quick.....
i'm saying he sucks cause he *****ed to the media so now i don't like him.........and he basically does what plax does catch and fall
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 AM   #12
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I miss what Plax brought to the offense. Not really him, but having that tall fast receiver that was a deep threat. I think this offseason we need to get that deep threat back whether through FA or the draft.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:15 AM   #13
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

I thought that letting Plaxico go was a big mistake then and I still think it was one now.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:16 AM   #14
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Plax was an underachiever, there's no 2 ways about it. If he was here, we wouldnt be any better off than we are now... our QB's are running for their lives and when that happens it doesnt matter who is out there to catch the ball because its not getting there in the first place.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:24 AM   #15
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

but when ben runs he's better and at least he would have a big target to throw to.......... damn it we need to use miller a shitload more
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:40 AM   #16
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

It's not so much the players as it is the system IMO. We seem hellbent to run it on 95% of our first downs and 70% of our second downs. If that doesn't spell predictable, i dunno what does.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:57 AM   #17
ROYND1
Water Boy

Member Number: 877

Hey guys I'm new to posting on here but been following Steelersfever for some time!Anyhow I agree completely Simmons has sucked a BIG ONE this year ,he's just not the same since the diabetes.That and his FAT ASS false starting every week wether we're home or away!!!As for a SPEED reciever ,we have one his name is Quincy Morgan!!!!Why sign him if you're not gonna use him???He has legit speed in fact that's his STRONG point and he has GOOD SIZE!!!Atleast 6'1" and so what if he drops the occassional ball didn't Plax do that???If you run him on go routes teams HAVE to respect him and shift a safety over to help cover him,which would open up the running game and the underneath routes for Ward!!I have been a big Cowher supporter over the years (even after I flew from sunny Florida to freeze my ASS off at that crappy championship game last year!)but his play calling and obviously getting OUT COACHED the last few weeks are OLD!!!We have 4 count em 4 WR's that are or were starters before,plus a STUD TE and a STUD QB and he acts like we can only use our recievers for GIMMICK plays or 4 yard passes!!!! One more thing if you are a POWER RUNNING TEAM use a POWER RUNNING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteelThrill
Nah, the fact that Kendall Simmons couldnt block a 3rd grader is the biggest problem.
Considering Hartings is old and has issues and could use a little help now and again and that Starks will be great "in time" but could use some assistance every so often. But sandwiched in between is a piece of shit named Kendall Simmons. It affects absolutely every offensive player on this team.

So Burress? He's a good player who is being paid about twice the amount he should be. Thus you cannot sign him for that kind of cash. It has a small affect. But Simmons is a HUGE stinking problem.
ROYND1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #18
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

All I know is that Wilson for Plax......it dosent add up.

I dont think wilson is an NFL reciever.I like Morgan 10 times better.

I miss Plax alot.I knew it was a bad move then and know everyone knows it was.

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #19
Steel Fury
Water Boy

Member Number: 487

I do not miss plax. Good riddance. I know what he brought but we have receivers that can run down field, we juist don't do it
Old 11-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #20
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 862

everyone is saying that plex was to expensive. not true! i was at the new england playoff game and after he dropped that td pass at the end he went to the press and said he will never play for the steelers again! i think if he wanted to stay, we would have found a way for him to stay!
jtdapit is offline   Reply With Quote