Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Obama using law enforcement to stifle free speech according to some.

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coran...&tmpl=newsitem

Quote:
JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.
“St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.
“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.
“This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.
“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.”
OK... yes, this is a republican governor speaking of a Democrat candidate. Politics is almost assuredly involved.

However, these ARE serious charges. Yet I haven't seen them picked up on ANY of the national media.

More importantly, IF (I want quite a bit more info before I say SINCE) these charges are true... what are the ramifications? Too me, this seems more important than that phantom "my rights are violated by the Patriot Act" charges against Bush.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts
Default Re: Obama using law enforcement to stifle free speech according to some.

I am interested to see how this plays out with the AP and media. I can only imagine what would happen if these allegations were about McCain.... Remember how thorough and unbiased "The Dan" was regarding the story he broke about Bush, based on a falsified document he obtained? I guess we'll see.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Obama using law enforcement to stifle free speech according to some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I am interested to see how this plays out with the AP and media. I can only imagine what would happen if these allegations were about McCain.... Remember how thorough and unbiased "The Dan" was regarding the story he broke about Bush, based on a falsified document he obtained? I guess we'll see.
Yeah...

I think it is interesting.

I have no idea if it is true... or pure politcs like the Dan Rather story was. But if there IS legitimacy to the story, then I want to know about it, because those are VERY scary charges.

Of course, if they are false, I want to see ramifications against the governor.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #4
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coran...&tmpl=newsitem

Yet I haven't seen them picked up on ANY of the national media.

Mark my words.....you won't.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:40 AM   #5
tranquill
Water Boy

Member Number: 9549

It's interesting how the Israelis view Obama. He receives much support
both from Jewish liberals and arguably the right-wing AIPAC, but his
middle name bothers Israelis a lot. Also, there are doubts whether he is
really a Muslim apostate. Here is an article which analyzes Obama's
similarity to early Zionists:
http://samsonblinded.org/blog/obama-...jewishness.htm What do you think of the parallels?
tranquill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

There IS a story in the mainstream press about McCain not taking questions form reporters on a recent stop in Cleveland...which, really, is no big deal, but you'd think McCain was siccing the Brownshirts on these guys or something from the tone they are taking.