Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #51
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695
Default Re: fed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Where I come from, Kvn, booing your team and quitting on them on a BB are one in the same. The boo birds at HF last night had no faith in this team and neither did the schmucks who gave up on them before the end of the 1st half with the game still very much in reach.

What angered me even more is that these same nonbelievers had the audacity to wave their TT's when the team was on the move and act like they were suddenly believers!

No matter what Ben said post-game, there is absolutely NO excuse for booing your own team, imho, especially not a team that wasn't out of the game by any stretch of the imagination when the booing started, and especially not a team/franchise who has provided more winning seasons than most franchises have in the last 35 seasons!

Shame on ALL of them.
Maybe i just thought of it as, "Hey guys, snap out of it, we pay ALOT of money to come and support you guys and this is what we are getting?" The tradition of excellence has us spoiled and some of the fans didn't know how to react when faced with a really bad first half.

As for me, I was on my couch in disbelief, but I wasn't about to throw in the towel. I was hoping someone was in there at halftime ripping them a new one. Ask yourself this:

How is fans booing the team different from Ben saying to his offense-"Guys lets get with it, I am getting my ass kicked out here and I need you to start protecting, I'm frankly disgusted in the way we played that first half and we need to turn this thing around."

I gaurentee thats what alot of the booing fans were thinking. I'm not really sure why I'm defending them, I just think that not all boos mean "you guys suck and have lost the game already and we are quitting on you."

Either way, I'm not gonna boo them, just because thats not how I am, and i'll always be behind the team and their decisions.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #52
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

SCOREBOARD!!!!!

B ITCHES!!!!!

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Old 09-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #53
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Thing is, all a crowd can say is "YAY!" and "BOO!" It's up to the situation to define what they actually mean. I understood it to mean "Get the lead out of your ass!" rather than "You suck!"

I personally wouldn't have booed, but I would have yelled, I guarantee, and it wouldn't have been "YAY!"
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #54
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Shut up troll!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #55
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvnfaber View Post
Maybe i just thought of it as, "Hey guys, snap out of it, we pay ALOT of money to come and support you guys and this is what we are getting?" The tradition of excellence has us spoiled and some of the fans didn't know how to react when faced with a really bad first half.

As for me, I was on my couch in disbelief, but I wasn't about to throw in the towel. I was hoping someone was in there at halftime ripping them a new one. Ask yourself this:

How is fans booing the team different from Ben saying to his offense-"Guys lets get with it, I am getting my ass kicked out here and I need you to start protecting, I'm frankly disgusted in the way we played that first half and we need to turn this thing around."

I gaurentee thats what alot of the booing fans were thinking. I'm not really sure why I'm defending them, I just think that not all boos mean "you guys suck and have lost the game already and we are quitting on you."

Either way, I'm not gonna boo them, just because thats not how I am, and i'll always be behind the team and their decisions.
I think booing while at the game is for Raider fans. We are not the ain'ts. What is next paper bags on heads. How can you be the 12 man if you are booing. Keep things in house. Boo and yell at home in front of TV or on a forum. Not during game. Obviously when you are drinking and unhappy at game most including myself will voice frustration, but to boo our struggling offense is could be counterproductive. Just my opinion. People pay good money and can boo if they want. The only time I would boo is if a guy is not giving 100 percent, which isn't the case with our offense.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #56
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I have no problem "BOOing" the Steelers live, at the sports bar, or at home. More times than not I'm not booing the player as much as I am the playcalling - things such as prevent defense, prevent offense, dumbass calls on 3rd and short (going for it all when you only need 3 yards for a first), etc - I won't lie there are times when I'm booing the players and their seemingly lack of interest in the game. I only saw bits and pieces of the game last night but from what I did see, some of last night had to do with the play of Flacco then it did the play of our defense and it also had to do with the play of the ratbirds defense rather than our offense.

However, I've never left the stadium early or the bar early. And I rarely shut the game off unless I'm feeling the symptoms of the flu or completely incapacitated due to some ailment.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
Old 09-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #57
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
The Steelers look like a friggin high school team once again!!! Ben looks like a dumb*ss and the line is crap once again! They can't run. They can't pass. Thank God they drafted Mendenhall! Whew! What a difference he's making.

It's gonna be a looooong year folks unless they somehow bend over and remove their heads from their collective *sses!

:b anging:

Old 09-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #58
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Me thinks this thread has run out of gas. Points have been made - we can all agree to disagree and move forward!

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread