Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 AM   #41
LS43
Water Boy

Member Number: 5528
Smile Running back crazy sh*t

Hey all Steelerfans,

As i just heard Coach Tomlin say, they are going to sign to RB, could it be Mr Alexander? Or what do u guys think? I know Willie will be back, but if get hurt again i think i would be great if we had some good threat as a backup, and who is more suited for it then Alexander, i read i would even play for a Vet's payment:P
LS43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 AM   #42
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228
Default Re: Running back crazy sh*t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS43 View Post
i read i would even play for a Vet's payment:P
Shaun? Is that you...pandering for a job?

He's lost a lot of his gas, tends to not get many yards after the first hit, and could potentially have injury problems. I hope he finds a place because I like him as much as I can like a Seahawk, but I really think he's towards the end of his career. I like that he'll play for vet minimum though.

The main problem is that of the backs available in FA/PS, they're all about the same caliber -- middle of the road, with either inexperience, injury-prone, old, or personality issues. There aren't even many "project" backs available. Personally, I would've rather moved Russell up (he showed signs of power in his running) than pick Najeh up again, but really it's all six of one, half dozen of the other.

Now, that said we're in no real danger of not having HB depth, considering in 3-5 weeks we'll have, presumably, Parker, Russell/Najeh/Alexander probably, Davis, and Moore. My guess is we'll relegate Davis back to FB duties and use Parker/Moore as our primary back with the FA pickup in short yardage situations. Moore and Parker are similar backs, so as long as we can pickup a power runner we'll be fine.
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #43
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts
Default Re: Running back crazy sh*t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS43 View Post
Hey all Steelerfans,

As i just heard Coach Tomlin say, they are going to sign to RB, could it be Mr Alexander? Or what do u guys think? I know Willie will be back, but if get hurt again i think i would be great if we had some good threat as a backup, and who is more suited for it then Alexander, i read i would even play for a Vet's payment:P
Alexander sucks, has sucked since his injury in '06, and opening more threads on the same subject isn't going to change it.

Merging this with the already-existing Alexander thread.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote