Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Dissension amongst the Cowboys?

I can't find any sources, but I've seen ESPN comment on the Cowboys' lack of leadership. T.O opens his mouth after the Redskins loss about how much the offense sucks even after he has the ball thrown to him extensively, the numerous boneheaded penalties, and Jones whining about the refs.

The Cowboys remind me of the 2005-06 Bengals without the arrests. They're a talented team with no sign of discipline or mental toughness, not to mention their Defense is pretty mediocre.

Quite frankly, I hope this continues. I despise the Cowboys and wish them nothing but misery and misfortune.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Dissention amongst the Cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I can't find any sources, but I've seen ESPN comment on the Cowboys' lack of leadership. T.O opens his mouth after the Redskins loss about how much the offense sucks even after he has the ball thrown to him extensively....
Has he accused Romo of being brokeback yet?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Let the melt down commence.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

They lose one game, and TO starts acting like the selfish idiot that he is. It was just a matter of time. All of that talk about how he and Homo get along was just that - talk. TO is all about TO. And for Double J to start whining about the refs is the height of hilarity. I sure as hell don't feel sorry for him.

I hope the Cowgirls completely implode. It would make me almost as happy as seeing the Cheating Bastards'* season come crashing down.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I can't find any sources, but I've seen ESPN comment on the Cowboys' lack of leadership. T.O opens his mouth after the Redskins loss about how much the offense sucks even after he has the ball thrown to him extensively, the numerous boneheaded penalties, and Jones whining about the refs.

The Cowboys remind me of the 2005-06 Bengals without the arrests. They're a talented team with no sign of discipline or mental toughness, not to mention their Defense is pretty mediocre.

Quite frankly, I hope this continues. I despise the Cowboys and wish them nothing but misery and misfortune.
lol, i wouldn't necessarily say without the arrests since they have both pacman (ring leader) and tank.
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

"That's MY quarterback!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
MrHarrison92
Water Boy

Member Number: 9592
Default Re: Dissension amongst the Cowboys?

Yeah T.O. is nothing but EGO. Is he feels that his Ego isn't getting stronger, with or without helping the team, he throws a fit. He thinks hes the top dog, god almighty, but hes not! im surprised that this guy isn't worried about breaking a damn nail just to help out!
MrHarrison92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I, I, I, me, me, me.

Not a word about the team, or WINNING, just his personal stats. Of course, what else is new? Another assclown (along with Moss and CJ) I hope never so much as sniffs a ring.

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys' Owens complained to Romo

Tuesday, September 30, 2008
By Calvin Watkins/The Dallas Morning News

Irving – Terrell Owens' frustration with the Dallas Cowboys offense carried over from the field to the locker room Sunday.

Owens, despite having 18 passes thrown his way in the loss to Washington, had what was deemed a serious conversation about the offense with quarterback Tony Romo after the game, according to multiple sources.

The types of routes and throws are what concerns Owens, the sources said. The receiver, who the sources said was venting to Romo about his frustrations, has not liked how some of the throws were coming from the quarterback as far back as the season opener.

But Owens said Sunday he is still confident in Romo.

In the loss to the Redskins, Owens finished with seven catches for 71 yards and one touchdown.

"There were some opportunities there, and there were some opportunities there where they were holding and the refs just didn't call it," Owens said after the game. "You can't blame the refs; we just didn't make the plays."

Owens didn't talk to reporters Monday when he slipped into the locker room near lunch time.

Owens is tied for 26th in the NFL this season with 17 receptions, and he's 15th with 264 receiving yards.

He wants better numbers and is frustrated with his lack of touches, especially in the deep passing game, he has said. Defenses are covering Owens with a cornerback underneath and with a safety 15 to 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage to prevent the Cowboys from throwing deep to him.

Owens likes to go deep. Three of his first eight receptions of the season were for 20 or more yards. But he hasn't caught a pass for more than 20 yards the last two games.

"Man, like I said, the dude's a competitor," receiver Patrick Crayton said of Owens. "Any competitor in this league, a receiver, running back, quarterback – whatever the situation is – if you don't want the ball, what are you playing that position for?"

Following Sunday's game, Owens said he didn't think he got the ball enough.

Coach Wade Phillips said he's not concerned about Owens' comments regarding his role.

"We have quite a few good players," Phillips said. "We didn't get the ball to Marion Barber. We didn't get the ball enough to Terrell last game. It's a good problem to have, but we need to be able to rectify it by controlling the ball more. Making more first downs, having longer drives – those kinds of things to help everybody get the ball."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.14c1b5c.html
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
This picture would be better if there were snot bubbles coming out the kid's nose! Just sayin'.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote