Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #11
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727
Default Re: Packers signed Herron

Well, I'm looking forward to watching this guy run again. I liked him a lot in the preseason. I think he will be a starter somewhere --- just have a feeling about it. He runs HARD.

Here we go.
Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #12
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

This sucks,I really liked Noah...I didn't even know he was on the PS.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #13
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a thick, stocky build with solid overall muscle tone, good bubble, thick chest, thighs and calves … Has decent speed and quickness off the snap, but compensates for a lack of blazing speed by his responsiveness to reading inside blocks and his powerful leg drive to break tackles … Runs low to the ground and has the hip wiggle to bounce off tackles … Shows good body lean and lower body power … Has just enough speed to hit the edge and bounce to the outside, but is best when running between tackles … Has the hip weave to elude and developed good juke and burst ability in 2004 … Runs hard and plays with good instincts, awareness and run vision … More of a north-south runner with good weave and knee bend … Turned into an effective receiver underneath, showing the ability to spot the seam and settle in the zone … Runs good routes out of the backfield and maintains concentration going for the ball in traffic.
Negatives: As a runner, he has an above-average start, but lacks good lateral quickness and is not really a shifty runner … Needs to have a hole and room to run in order to have success, because he is not a real creative runner without much elusiveness to make defenders miss in the open … More effective when running up the middle, as he does not have the second gear to beat defenders to the perimeter … Willing blocker but is just adequate, as he can recognize and try to pick up the blitz, but lacks good agility to sustain and does not generate much power with his hands, despite his size … Does not show explosion or burst coming out of his stance, needing to build up to top speed … Even with his size, he does not seem able to power through blocks upfield as a receiver, needing to gather before gaining acceleration.

Fantasy Footballers keep a close eye on this guy. With all the other moves the pack have been doing at RB who knows. They obviously saw or see something in the kid.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #14
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Off Topic: I noticed on that link the Cardinals singed Zamir Cobb to their practice squad on Tuesday. Good luck to him...
Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #15
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 862

staley can be a good third down rb nothing more with parker steering. i dont see the steelers drafting a rb but if so, not till at least 5th round.
jtdapit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #16
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
what do any of y'all think about travis henry???? he could be a bad ass back for us, or at least i think he could. he seemed good with the bills and he's pretty much the odd man out in tennesse with chris brown
No more retreaded backs that come with mileage on them like Duce and like Steel-X mentioned he has some substance abuse issues as well.
Running back definately has to be addressed this upcoming draft. Bettis will be gone for sure and I think Duce could be hitting the road as well.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdapit
staley can be a good third down rb nothing more with parker steering. i dont see the steelers drafting a rb but if so, not till at least 5th round.
Good RB's are usually plentiful in the draft, even on day 2..so u may be correct about waiting till later in the draft. And there is always the FA possibility as well. The Steelers wont hinge their bread and butter on a rookie so they'll make sure they have ample vet. back there as well. Duce, Parker, and maybe a FA signing..but u gotta hope we get a good solid big back in 2006 somewhere.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:20 AM   #18
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

The NFL is not based on a feature back anymore except for those special circumstances (LT2, Holmes (but really he wasnt the only LJ), Lamont, Shaun) Every team in the league is almost using a 2 back system now a days. Like BRC said you can find a good back on day 2. Even off the street rookies undrafted could have an impact. If I remeber correctly Priest Holmes was not drafted!

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #19
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 862

i dont think we are wasting are draft picks i mean 4 of the are getting good playing time, miller, mcfadden, kemeatu, essex, out of 7... not bad
jtdapit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #20
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Ready to get laughed at again.....I still think the Steelers will look at Jamal Lewis :)