Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #11
Indy52
Water Boy

Member Number: 845
Default Re: Indy Dome Crowd Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
(Bigger Sigh)

Poor Indy...ESPN must just be making this all up for ratings, then? The NFL is investigating this, and it seems there might be some fire behind all this smoke.

Nobody here is saying the Steelers would have won, fake crowd noise or not, but it's still wrong if it's going on. Has it occurred to you that this has possibly been going on for years, other years when the Colts weren't 11-0 and in the spotlight?

Ok, I'm calling you on this one. Show me where the NFL is investigating this. THat simply isn't true and you can't prove to the contrary. So put up or STFU.
Indy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #12
Indy52
Water Boy

Oh, and did your coach call the onsides kick due to the subliminal messages contained in the piped in crowd noise? LMFAO!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #13
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy52
Ok, I'm calling you on this one. Show me where the NFL is investigating this. THat simply isn't true and you can't prove to the contrary. So put up or STFU.

No busted about it, I heard it mentioned on NFL network by Solomen Wilcots, and ESPN. Havent seen an article about it online but then I havent really looked hard for it either. If Mort on ESPN says it, then it generally has some validity to it.. so take ur outta here.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #14
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

Quote:
Hey, noone is saying the Colts didn't beat the Steelers straight up, but they ARE using supplemental noise to disrupt the opposition. Apparently that is allowed until the opponents break huddle. I guess the Colts let the mikes stay on a little longer when on defense. The NFL won't investigate because it would be futile. How could they prove it? The only thing that will come of it is that maybe the mikes will be cut when the huddles break for now on. Not just for the Steelers but all the other teams they play. It doesn't help all the teams they have possibly cheated this year already though.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

It's pretty simple...the Colts fans have no clue what winning football in the modern era of the NFL is like, so they are going through some growing pains.

Welcome to media scrutiny, Colts fans...when you get beat in the playoffs it will stop.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,365 Times in 4,303 Posts

pumping in noise is pretty weak. maybe teams should start pumping in wind for everytime the opponent tries to kick a fg. whats the difference?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #17
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
*sigh* It's not true. I was there, and have been there alot since 1995, and can tell you we don't need to resort to crap like that. The RCA dome is small and, duh, is a dome. All the noise that is generated from the crowd bounces right back onto the field. I've been there when it was embarrasing quiet during the lean years and loud like last year's playoff game against Denver. I'm still hoarse from Monday night.

So, do you think the noise is the reason you only gained 84yds rushing?
No, but the noise is the reason for FIVE false starts. Dome are for pu$$ies. Your team and every NFL team should play outside.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #18
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

No dome in the league is any where near as loud as the colts dome, and thats for sure.. but either way.. The crowd noise isnt the reason we lost, nobody here is saying we would have won otherwise for sure , but IF this is going on its certainly worth looking into and God knows it didnt help !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #19
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

This was a subject on 1st and 10 today. They really ripped the Colts management.

When your fans are weak, and cant raise the roof on there own, then I can see doing this. We in Pittsburgh have NO problem getting it up!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #20
Indy52
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget
No, but the noise is the reason for FIVE false starts. Dome are for pu$$ies. Your team and every NFL team should play outside.

Domes are for pu$$ies? Seems as though your mighty Steelers fit right in there Monday night. Frickin' Squeeler pu$$ies couldn't run, couldn't block, couldn't cover, and sure couldn't tackle.