Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #21
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768
Default Re: Indy Dome Crowd Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy52
Domes are for pu$$ies? Seems as though your mighty Steelers fit right in there Monday night. Frickin' Squeeler pu$$ies couldn't run, couldn't block, couldn't cover, and sure couldn't tackle.
So you admit the Colts are pussies.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #22
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

I'll tell you, I was there and it was LOUD!!!! Out of all the football games I have ever been to, I have never heard anything in comparison to that!
There isn't a doubt in my mind that it was done, however, I don't think they would have won that game anyways...we did not play to their caliber on that day!!!
On a positive note....now with all of this talk esp. coming from sources other than the Steelers...if the Playoffs are there the NFL will have a close eye on them and it won't be that loud...so I guess it's good it is coming out now!!!! and that goes for any team that may have to go to Indy in the Playoffs!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #23
Indy52
Water Boy

Member Number: 845

Quote:
I'll tell you, I was there and it was LOUD!!!! Out of all the football games I have ever been to, I have never heard anything in comparison to that!
Well thank you. Thank you very much. Glad to see me being hoarse this week wasn't in vain. Tell ya what. I sure hope we see you in the playoffs at the Dome and we'll show you what LOUD really is!
Indy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #24
Indy52
Water Boy

Member Number: 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvoidLLoyd95
So you admit the Colts are pussies.
Sure we are. We play in a dome, right?
Indy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #25
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Kee-rist, are we still talking about this?

Alright...has anyone mentioned that, although our offense played poorly, and we were way out of synch, our defense held the "mighty" Colts offense to their lowest performance since week 3?

At home this week, with another week of Ben being back, playing a team that gave up almost twice as many points against the Colts as we did, why would anyone thing that we'd do anything but play inspired defense and shut the Bengals down?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #26
snowstormers
Water Boy

Member Number: 699

Quote:
*sigh* It's not true. I was there, and have been there alot since 1995, and can tell you we don't need to resort to crap like that. The RCA dome is small and, duh, is a dome. All the noise that is generated from the crowd bounces right back onto the field. I've been there when it was embarrasing quiet during the lean years and loud like last year's playoff game against Denver. I'm still hoarse from Monday night.

So, do you think the noise is the reason you only gained 84yds rushing?
I agree with this guy. I doubt that their was more crowd noise. Look at how 3 rivers use to rock. Its all about how pumped up the fans are that is going to make it loud inside a dome. And the fans were pumped up. Plus I think that the Colts game was the only away game where i rarely seen a Steeler jersey in the crowd. The first play of the game for the Colts set the tone for that game. Those fans were pumped up from the beginning to the end.
snowstormers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #27
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Well thank you. Thank you very much. Glad to see me being hoarse this week wasn't in vain. Tell ya what. I sure hope we see you in the playoffs at the Dome and we'll show you what LOUD really is!
yes we will.....I have no doubt it will be loud...but just not that loud. I do give the Indy fans props...they had that place rockin, but I don't doubt they had a little help in that area.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #28
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Kee-rist, are we still talking about this?

Alright...has anyone mentioned that, although our offense played poorly, and we were way out of synch, our defense held the "mighty" Colts offense to their lowest performance since week 3?

At home this week, with another week of Ben being back, playing a team that gave up almost twice as many points against the Colts as we did, why would anyone thing that we'd do anything but play inspired defense and shut the Bengals down?

We've got more important things coming up..like having to win this week !!

Yeah we lost that game, we our offense stunk up the joint, yeah it was loud, but hopefully we'll see em again !!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #29
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

Last thing I'll say about this. I can't believe that when the Colts are on offense in that dome that you can hear a pin drop, you can hear Manning having his fits and seizures like noone is in the building, but when the defense is out there you can't hear anything at all. There had to be some help with the noise, had to be. I'm done.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 AM   #30
Edge-32
Water Boy

Member Number: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvoidLLoyd95
Last thing I'll say about this. I can't believe that when the Colts are on offense in that dome that you can hear a pin drop, you can hear Manning having his fits and seizures like noone is in the building, but when the defense is out there you can't hear anything at all. There had to be some help with the noise, had to be. I'm done.
You sure were not at the game I was at then!!
Edge-32 is offline   Reply With Quote