Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1576
Default Steeler fans in Houston

Any Steeler fans in Houston? If so, can anyone recommend a good Steelers Bar to hang out and watch the game?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
steelerjoe
Water Boy

Member Number: 9969
Default Re: Steeler fans in Houston

Hey - just moved to H-town this summer. Not sure on the bar thing but DIrectv is a wonderful thing.
steelerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Keithmclane
Water Boy

Member Number: 10638

Not sure if you found it already....

There is a place up I-45 on Sawdust Rd. called Steel City Pizzareria. It's a pretty cool place. Being new to Houston myself, I began looking for a place in August and I found it by accident. I went there for the Steeler KickOff party a few weeks before the opening game. It's a sweet place. Decent pizza, fairly priced (maybe a little high) but i don't know for sure as I don't go out for pizza that much. I personally haven't been there for any games b/c i always had plans with some friends to watch the game or I had to stay with the baby. But, i heard it gets packed so you have to get there early. I heard for a noon game you should probably be there no later than 10:30ish. I hope this helps and maybe I'll see you there one of these days.

Keith
Keithmclane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithmclane View Post
Not sure if you found it already....

There is a place up I-45 on Sawdust Rd. called Steel City Pizzareria. It's a pretty cool place. Being new to Houston myself, I began looking for a place in August and I found it by accident. I went there for the Steeler KickOff party a few weeks before the opening game. It's a sweet place. Decent pizza, fairly priced (maybe a little high) but i don't know for sure as I don't go out for pizza that much. I personally haven't been there for any games b/c i always had plans with some friends to watch the game or I had to stay with the baby. But, i heard it gets packed so you have to get there early. I heard for a noon game you should probably be there no later than 10:30ish. I hope this helps and maybe I'll see you there one of these days.

Keith
Keith,

Thanks for the info. I checked out the website, and it looks like the place is crawling with Steeler fans! It warmed my heart to see the NATION. I am planning to go there for the Browns game. Maybe I'll see you there.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
SteelValleyDave
Water Boy

Member Number: 11676

There's a number of Steeler bars in Houston. Depending on where you live, there's probably 2 or 3 within 10 miles.

I live in Katy and the closest to me is Sansone's on Westheimer, near HWY 6.
SteelValleyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect

SteelValley,

Do you know of any near Kingwood? I went to Kelly's, (listed as a Steelers Bar on the web), but I was the only one in the house).

BTW, Steel City Pizzeria is AWESOME! There were people tailgating in the parkinglot last Sunday. Just a bit out of my way.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
DRK1996
Water Boy

Member Number: 12424

I live in Deer Park. Is there any around these? In addition, when can I find any Steelers gear in Houston?

"Steelers Born...Steelers Bred...And the the long off future, I will be Steelers Dead!!! Long Live the Black and Gold!!!"

Last edited by DRK1996; 01-25-2009 at 07:49 PM.
DRK1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Bettis-36
Water Boy

Member Number: 12447

If anyone in the Houston area is interested in coming to a Steelers Superbowl Party please PM me or reply to this message. I live in Katy and have a 65" LCD and also will have a projector hooked up with the game on. I will have food and you will need to supply beer.
Bettis-36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect

Thumbs up Re: Steeler fans in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettis-36 View Post
If anyone in the Houston area is interested in coming to a Steelers Superbowl Party please PM me or reply to this message. I live in Katy and have a 65" LCD and also will have a projector hooked up with the game on. I will have food and you will need to supply beer.
Because of people like Bettis-36, the Steeler Nation never ceases to amaze me. Here's a guy actually inviting total strangers (from the internet, nonetheless) to share his home and his food, to watch the game with him. Show me any other professional sports team that brings people together better than the Steelers!

I already have plans for the Superbowl, but if I didn't, I'd watch the game with you!

Thank you for exemplifying the Steeler Nation!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #10
Bettis-36
Water Boy

Member Number: 12447

Just to let you all know Steel City Pizza is supposed to be great. I grew up in Pittsburgh and came to Texas 3 years ago. There is a Steel City Pizza in Bridgeville, Pa and although it is a small place the owner is a great guy. I order from there everytime I go back home. I have not had a chance to visit the location in spring but I heard from a friend who was there during the stanley cup last year that it is packed with Pittsburgh people and fans.
Bettis-36 is offline   Reply With Quote