Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
Edge-32
Water Boy

Member Number: 882
Default Seriously...

...This whole talk about the Colts somehow piping in crowd noise to make it harder for other teams to play at Indy is getting ridiculous! I mean, how hard is it to believe that a crowd of 65,000 people, mostly Colt fans who are watching their team, who happens to be 11-0 play another AFC powerhouse on Monday Night Football can cheer loudly? Did anyone watch the Seahawks/Giants game? I was not there LIVE but it sure sounded a heck of a lot louder than it did for the Monday Night game at Indy! I do not know if any of you watched the Patriots/Colts game... but, no one made a big deal about their crowd noise during the game the Colts played them at Foxboro. Sure, it did not last the whole game because the Colts were winning in their house... but, they were loud just the same. Look, I respect the Steelers organization, I respect Tony's history with the Steelers. I had great conversation with many fans on our boards and other Steeler boards... So, please bare with me! I am not trying to talk smack... simply trying and tell you that this is crap!

Ed Werder thinks "I thought I was having innocent conversation on the radio, obviously though, there is no such thing." Sure Ed! You didnt do it to put your name out there a little bit? To get people to tune into for the "Colts Pumped Up Scandal" that you have created? He did a good job though! I have to give him credit! This is even better than the "Colts players taught to play dirty" crap that was spewed earlier in the season. Now that they can not say the "Colts have not played anyone" anymore... they had to find something else to bring to the table! Now the Colts are cheaters! I mean, what better way to try and distract a team that looks to be able to have all the right tools to finally pull it off? Call them cheaters! Have the media all over them even more! Brilliant! Brilliant I tell ya!

What makes it even better is that I guess that the Colts were piping the volume when Troy intecepted Manning too... The Colts actually pump up the volume for when Manning is intecepted! Oh, and they sure did crank up the volume for when Hines made that touchdown too! Oh, and when the Colts offense was on the field too! Even better! They even made it so loud that the Colts themselves commited a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes too? I guess that did not have anything to do with the thousands of Steeler fans that were in the stadium?

What makes it EVEN better is that Steve Alic, a NFL spokesman said the league is NOT investigating whether the Colts are illegally pumping up the volume. What will Ed do?? I thought ESPN was saying they were investigating it? Oh, he was contacted after his comments and this was his little answer "I wasnt reporting it. It was a casual opinion on a radio talk show. I think there's a difference." I guess that makes it okay? Make a blatant attempt to tarnish the name of an organization that has the upmost respect for the Steelers organization? You know, they suspend and deactivate T.O. for "actions detrimental to the team" but any idiot that calls themselves an "expert" can make one idiotic "opinion" with no facts to back the statement up that has now turned into this hate-fest for the Colts by fanbases and I am sure football organizations! I think that is detrimental to the whole NFL! And, I do not know about you... but, I love football and these idiots are ruining this sport that I love with their meritless crap! I think, if what I have read is true, because I sure can not find anything on ESPN.com about it now, that this so called "expert" completely gave a statement that has no merit and the NFL has said they will not investigate... that he is "suspended" from his job as an "expert" for the rest of the season and forced to find credible material on Paris Hilton and her little dog, and talk about that instead of sports! Because, I am tired of these idiots turning my favorite sport into some gossip filled crap!

If you would like to read what I have read about it... you can click on this link... unless you feel that it will be too biased because it is from Indy.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS03/512010432

Sorry, if I seem a little upset... but, if they were saying this about your team... you would be a little bit upset too! Especially, since there seems to be some serious questions to his credibility right now! But, anyways! Good Luck against the Bengals this weekend... I think what Chad did to your "Terrible Towels" was disgusting... and not only a slap in the face to your team and fans... but, Mr. Cope and what he was to your team and fans!
Edge-32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:31 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Seriously...

I can respect your opinion and your thoughts and your outrage what you feel the media has done to the credibilty of your team and orgnization. I can tell you this much, any Steeler fan worth his weight in black n gold, and I can say for sure all of them on this board are, have nothing but respect for Dungy. The man is class all the way.

While we do feel as many others do that sometimes Peyton tends to get some calls or not calls as the case may be due his standing in the eyes of the league and his well earned reputation for the best QB in the game.. none of us heard any of this talk of the piping crowd noise till after that game. Yes it outraged us and pisses us off, but you can say its part of the NFL if it indeed is happening and the homefield advantage. We can gripe and complain and call foul becuz of it, but it wont do any good.

Honestly I cant say either way whether anything is fact about this crowd noise stuff, but all I can hope is that if is happening that it stops and if it is not that happening that no permanant damage is done.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #3
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

The noise inside the RCA Dome Monday night at Indianapolis was so loud it was unnatural, and that's precisely what quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and one Steelers official claim it was.

Roethlisberger yesterday charged that the noise was artificially "pumped up" so the Steelers would have trouble at the line of scrimmage on offense.

Before the game, a Steelers official, who asked not to be identified, pointed out many microphones attached atop poles and stationed around the lower perimeter of the stadium. He said he believed they were used to capture the crowd noise and then filter it through the public address system to blast it louder when the Steelers were at the line of scrimmage on offense.

After the Steelers' 26-7 loss to the Colts, coach Bill Cowher and many of his players cited the din inside the dome as a disruption to their offense and a possible cause for the five false start penalties against their offensive line.

"It was louder than any rock concert I've ever been to," Roethlisberger said yesterday.

NFL rules prohibit home teams from artificially creating noise once the opposing offense breaks the huddle. That means, under normal circumstances, the music that blares through the P.A. system must be cut off.

But the NFL no longer tries to inhibit crowd noise as it did a decade ago, an attempt that ended in abject failure. Does electronically enhanced crowd noise qualify as violating NFL rules?

The league said it is satisfied the Colts have done nothing wrong.

"We're not looking into any possible violation by the Colts of our policy on club-controlled stadium sound," an NFL spokesman said yesterday.

ESPN's Ed Werder also reported that the Colts pumped up the volume at the RCA Dome. The Colts issued a statement denying the charge.

"The Colts categorically deny the baseless report that the club somehow 'piped in' or otherwise artificially enhanced the crowd noise at the RCA Dome during the Colts' game against the Steelers on Monday night or, for that matter, at any other time."

Yesterday, Colts spokesman Craig Kelley declined to address the issue of why there were so many microphones atop poles situated around the RCA Dome.

"We stick by our statement and we're moving on," Kelley said. "Too much has been made that never existed. People can draw their own conclusion, and the burden of proof is not on us. We're clean as far as the league office is concerned."

The last line is the damning one...as far as the league is concerned were clean. Cheaters.

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge-32
...This whole talk about the Colts somehow piping in crowd noise to make it harder for other teams to play at Indy is getting ridiculous! I mean, how hard is it to believe that a crowd of 65,000 people, mostly Colt fans who are watching their team, who happens to be 11-0 play another AFC powerhouse on Monday Night Football can cheer loudly?

Well I think you hit it.The crowd noise and rec. crowd noise was a prob.
The fact that the colts would not sell tics. to the STEELER FANS says it all!!!!!!!!!
WUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sell out the opponet's stadiums when they cant and the STEELER FANS are ALWAYS at least half the crowd.This BIASED NFL or TEAM policies of selling ticket packages instead of single game tics. are LAME !!

I hardly seen any STEELER FANS in that stadium.

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #5
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Edge-32, I was there, and the first thing I said when someone asked how the game was.....I just said LOUD....I don't know, it was almost strange how loud it was. Also, there was only 57,000 and out of that 57,000, Id say 7,000 were Steeler fans. It was a lot of noise for 50,000 people.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,924 Times in 3,396 Posts

"Yesterday, Colts spokesman Craig Kelley declined to address the issue of why there were so many microphones atop poles situated around the RCA Dome."

decoration maybe? so a fan could order a beer w/o getting out of his seat? so the media could interview the fans after the game?

ive always thought that with a healthy edge the colts are the strongest offense (with exception of the 99 rams) in the nfl, and wouldnt even need to resort to such tactics but microphones all over the place is awfully fishy and makes absolutely no sense for being there unless they were doing what they have been accused of doing.

it is exactly the same as pumping in wind to mess with an opponents attempted fg.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
AvoidLLoyd95
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 768

Heinz field just announced that the new trap doors being installed at the 15 yard lines on each end of the field are fair according to NFL execs. " If any opponent threatens to score in the red zone, these should take care of it" an unidentified Steeler spokesman said earlier today.

Hell it's a homefield advantage, right?

95 ways to get your ass kicked!
AvoidLLoyd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #8
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvoidLLoyd95
Heinz field just announced that the new trap doors being installed at the 15 yard lines on each end of the field are fair according to NFL execs. " If any opponent threatens to score in the red zone, these should take care of it" an unidentified Steeler spokesman said earlier today.

LOL. Good one.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Heard on the dan patrick show on espn radio today..some dumbass called in going off about how the accusations of the crowd noise.. he called ed werder a coward and griped about how the wronged the colts were for facing these charges and everybody hates us and

Step up or step off son... when you are successful people will scrutinize you even more. Its par for the course. The guy made a complete ass of himself.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvoidLLoyd95

The Patriots had one of those fitted at the start of the season - problem is....we got so many opposition WR's stuck in there we cant get the damn doors shut again

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote