Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-05-2005, 10:06 AM   #31
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428
Default Re: Yo...Bungals fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I said the Bears are the worst winning team in the NFL, and I stick by it. The NFC is a joke Conference, and the only AFC team the Bears have been able to beat was the lowly Ratbirds...Hell, they lost to the Browns.

The Steelers will not lose to the Bears.
If they sit Ben, they will...

He said he tweaked his knee I thought... And his thumb may have gotton reinjured...

If he plays, it's possible, but I still think the Bears will make it a game against you. But there is much more at stake for you guys and I think that will def have them pumped up

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #32
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
I said the Bears are the worst winning team in the NFL, and I stick by it. The NFC is a joke Conference, and the only AFC team the Bears have been able to beat was the lowly Ratbirds.
Is it just me or did you guys lose to the lowly ratbirds? At least the Bears were able to beat them.

Seriously though, the Bears are a [good] quarterback away from a super bowl run. That defense is no joke...it is one of the best I've ever seen. They will be killing Ben all day long and forcing interceptions...that's a guarantee. If you guys can hold up on defense and hold them under 10, you might be able to squeak out enough offense to beat them. Then again, their best offense is their defense (not to mention their special teams).

Keep laughing at the Bengals victory over the Bears...we'll see what happens sunday.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #33
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Is it just me or did you guys lose to the lowly ratbirds? At least the Bears were able to beat them.

Seriously though, the Bears are a [good] quarterback away from a super bowl run. That defense is no joke...it is one of the best I've ever seen. They will be killing Ben all day long and forcing interceptions...that's a guarantee. If you guys can hold up on defense and hold them under 10, you might be able to squeak out enough offense to beat them. Then again, their best offense is their defense (not to mention their special teams).

Keep laughing at the Bengals victory over the Bears...we'll see what happens sunday.
Counting Maddox losses against the Steelers does count in the record books, which is a damned good thing for the Bengals, too...otherwise, the Steelers and Bengals would both be 9-3 right now.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #34
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Counting Maddox losses against the Steelers does count in the record books, which is a damned good thing for the Bengals, too...otherwise, the Steelers and Bengals would both be 9-3 right now.
Right, and if Carson Palmer hadn't gotten injured last season, we would have also made the playoffs last year...your point? Who's to say you guys would have won those games had Ben been in? He could have thrown 3 INT's like he did against the Bengals. No one knows for sure.

I wouldn't mind that much if the steelers were 9-3 right now because we would still likely win the division, and if not, we would be in good position for a wildcard spot (unlike the steelers right now).
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #35
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Hey, it's the Steelers fault for keeping that lump of shit Maddox around, so we are where we are for a reason.

My point is that the Steelers are a very young team who had a little bad luck this year, and the season isn't over yet.

To make absurd sweeping statements about the future of the Bengals based on one single win in Pittsburgh is ludicrous and needs to be called out.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85

I wouldn't mind that much if the steelers were 9-3 right now because we would still likely win the division, and if not, we would be in good position for a wildcard spot.
complacency at its finest. typical bunghole mentality
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #37
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 735

Quote:
To make absurd sweeping statements about the future of the Bengals based on one single win in Pittsburgh is ludicrous and needs to be called out.
To be honest, as big as a win as it was for Bengal fans, it was just the start of a new rivalry. If BOTH teams can maintain their players and coaches, then we've got an interesting couple of years ahead of us. I'm pumped, we are going to have some great games between teams next year. Might as well drop Baltimore and Cleveland from the division, it's going to be either Cincinnati or Pittsburgh for a good while.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #38
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Nate
To be honest, as big as a win as it was for Bengal fans, it was just the start of a new rivalry. If BOTH teams can maintain their players and coaches, then we've got an interesting couple of years ahead of us. I'm pumped, we are going to have some great games between teams next year. Might as well drop Baltimore and Cleveland from the division, it's going to be either Cincinnati or Pittsburgh for a good while.
The new rivalry should be great. Two upcoming young QBs going at it 2 times a year. Sounds good to me.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #39
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I think the Browns will be a good team maybe as early as next year...
Old 12-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #40
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
I think the Browns will be a good team maybe as early as next year...
If the browns start beating either of our teams we all need to just quit watching football
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote