Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
wesmullen
Water Boy

Member Number: 9904
Default 1st game at Heinz, where do I park

I need some help. Me and my kids have tix for the Giants game. This will be my first time to Hienz Field. We will be coming in from I79 then onto 279. What is going to be our best place to park? And how soon should we get there? Thanx for any help that you can give me.
wesmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
steelerstrade
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10365
Default Re: 1st game at Hienz, where do I park

OK, if you tailgate, any open lot you can find is ok, closer to Heinz the more it's going to cost...If you want to park and save the big bucks for beer inside or sodas in this case...Then park in a lot across from Clemente Bridge for $10. Plan to be in the area at least 2 hours early so you can enjoy the Steelers experience without the hassle of any worries.
I started out with my Terrible Towel but want to trade for Steelers items you have! The goal is to complete "up-trades" in the hope of achieving Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets! Check the site out and make an offer using whatever you have laying around!!
steelerstrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

Anywhere within a few square miles. The whole city turns into a tailgate party. When I go back home for my annual Steeler game, I traditionally park across the river and ride the ferry to the front of the stadium.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Hines4ever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9374

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmullen View Post
I need some help. Me and my kids have tix for the Giants game. This will be my first time to Hienz Field. We will be coming in from I79 then onto 279. What is going to be our best place to park? And how soon should we get there? Thanx for any help that you can give me.
My husband and I were just at the Monday night game against the Ravens!!!! It was only our second time to Heinz Field. The first was a quick in, to the game and out again. This time, we spent the day....got there around noon....found a parking lot about a 5 minute walk behind Heinz field...there were a few tailgaters there but the lot was essentially empty.....we walked to Jerome Bettis' Resturant and had lunch....and the others weren't kidding, the city was already starting to turn into one big tailgating party that early in the day!!!! We got back to the lot and around 3:00, the owner of the lot came around and collected 40.00 which I don't think is a bad price.....The tailgating was AWESOME....and nothing that I would worry about having my kids around. It was an AMAZING experience!!!!!!! So, long story short, I'd get there as early as possible to truly enjoy the pre-game atmosphere and the festivities!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!
Hines4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,025 Times in 1,290 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: 1st game at Heinz, where do I park

I park for like $5.00 over by the Sports Museum. It's a small hike though, so I'm not sure if you want to do that to the kids.

Have Fun!!!