Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Bengals Week.

This is a must win game for the Steelers.

Here are my reasons.

1st. Divisional Game. Obviously. But more than that, it is also a Conference game which is very meaningful for tiebreaker situations.

2nd. Its a Road game that we "should" win. Last year, we lost THREE of these games. Lost at the Jets, lost at the Cardinals, lost at the Broncos. Great teams win the games they should on the road.

3rd. Its the running game stupid. This week should provide a good bounce to our running attack, going against the Bengals who average allowing 156.8 yards a game on the ground ranked 28th. If ever we were going to pound the ball and give our guys up front the chance to dominate, this is the game.

4th. TJ Housh wiped his shoes with a terrible towel. Does anyone else remember? I do, always will. It is our obligation as a STEELERS NATION to want to destroy the Bengals at every single chance we get. This is another opportunity to wipe the field with their sorry butts.

5th. They are desperate. A team backed into a corner the way the Bengals are backed up can be dangerous. They will attempt to use this game, against their "rival" to turn around their season. We Must Not Allow That To Happen. Bottom line. We need to punish them from the first play to the last to ensure they don't have any hopes of winning and they are hanging their heads by halftime regretting the moment they were ever signed as Bengals.

6th. No Let Downs.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,765 Times in 882 Posts
Default Re: Bengals Week.

I always liked Earl Woods advice to his son Eldrick.

"when you have somebody down, the way to keep them down, is to step on their neck and not let them up"

Time to step on the Bengals neck and keep 'em down. No looking past a division opponent.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

They might want to dress Palmer just in case. I have a feeling Fitz won't last the whole game. I want to see a T.O.P. of at least 38min. Ground and Pound!!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
hizmi
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
This is a must win game for the Steelers.

Here are my reasons.

1st. Divisional Game. Obviously. But more than that, it is also a Conference game which is very meaningful for tiebreaker situations.

2nd. Its a Road game that we "should" win. Last year, we lost THREE of these games. Lost at the Jets, lost at the Cardinals, lost at the Broncos. Great teams win the games they should on the road.

3rd. Its the running game stupid. This week should provide a good bounce to our running attack, going against the Bengals who average allowing 156.8 yards a game on the ground ranked 28th. If ever we were going to pound the ball and give our guys up front the chance to dominate, this is the game.

4th. TJ Housh wiped his shoes with a terrible towel. Does anyone else remember? I do, always will. It is our obligation as a STEELERS NATION to want to destroy the Bengals at every single chance we get. This is another opportunity to wipe the field with their sorry butts.

5th. They are desperate. A team backed into a corner the way the Bengals are backed up can be dangerous. They will attempt to use this game, against their "rival" to turn around their season. We Must Not Allow That To Happen. Bottom line. We need to punish them from the first play to the last to ensure they don't have any hopes of winning and they are hanging their heads by halftime regretting the moment they were ever signed as Bengals.

6th. No Let Downs.
This is nowhere near a must-win game, since at worst we'll maintain a 1.5 game lead in the division. Suffice to say, If we do lose (and I think there's a decent chance we do...the Bengals have played the Browns, Cowboys, Jets, and Giants tough with 3 of those games on the road) this board will be in full meltdown mode, and we'll suddenly go from super bowl contenders to first-pick-in-the-draft contenders.

Let's just hope we stomp them at their place AGAIN.

--Homer
hizmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

This game is huge because im going, lol.

But seriously we must win to keep a big lead on the division so at the end of the season we arent one bit skepticle about going to the playoffs.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

IT IS A MUST WIN!

We can NOT lose on the Road to an inferior team and consider ourselves great. Great teams win these games. I want a Win, We must have it.

I'll go into meltdown...wiping his shoes with our towel. Forever shall we be motivated to destroy these fools because of that one incident.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizmi View Post
Suffice to say, If we do lose this board will be in full meltdown mode, and we'll suddenly go from super bowl contenders to first-pick-in-the-draft contenders.
Tell me about it. Fire Tomlin, fire Arians, bench Ben, Willie sucks, etc., etc.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Its a very important game. That's what's true. It isn't a "gimmie" by any means and we as fans should show some concern and not think its going to be easy. If we can get a good early jump and get up by 14 points early, we should be able to pin our ears back on defense and attack the Bengals on their side of the line of scrimmage.

The Bengals have talent, they just don't have a "winning attitude" right now. God forbid we give it to them.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
hizmi
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Tell me about it. Fire Tomlin, fire Arians, bench Ben, Willie sucks, etc., etc.
Nah I was going to say that regardless

--Homer
Old 10-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #10
hizmi
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Its a very important game. That's what's true. It isn't a "gimmie" by any means and we as fans should show some concern and not think its going to be easy. If we can get a good early jump and get up by 14 points early, we should be able to pin our ears back on defense and attack the Bengals on their side of the line of scrimmage.

The Bengals have talent, they just don't have a "winning attitude" right now. God forbid we give it to them.
Yea that's definitely the storyline for me. Nobody gave the dolphins a chance against the pats, nobody gave the skins a chance against dallas, nobody gave the rams a chance against the skins, and nobody gave the brownies a chance last night.

I think our defense should be fine. They have no running game to speak of, and we should be able to pressure Fitz. My only concern is his mobility, and the possibility of him making some big plays while scrambling outside the pocket.

I am a bit concerned about our offense. I know everyone wants to go into this game with a smash-mouth ram-it-down-their-throat mentality, but our offense has been at its best in an up-tempo no-huddle setting. I'd rather see us come out in shot-gun and hurry-up, attack their secondary and get a quick lead.

Last year against inferior opponents on the road we started out too conservatively, thinking we could just run the ball at will. That may be the "steeler way" but it's not the strength of this particular team. The second half of the ravens game and most of the jax game is pretty good evidence for that.

--Homer