Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #21
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Brady has Cleveland's Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedgehead View Post
If and WHEN (one day, I am afraid it will, but I hope and pray it NEVER DOES) it happens to Roethlisberger, you all will shut the hell up about Tom Brady. Karma, if you all want to play that card has a strange way of coming back and biting you in the you know where, so keep jumping up and down about Tom Brady being hurt.
OH ...but you misunderstand us on this point....we all actually agree with you....Karma DOES indeed have a way of coming back and biting one on the "you-know-where.

We all just happen to think that Mayhaps Bradys injury is a direct RESULT of karma.....When one belongs to a team full of cheating pieces of crap....and when one is a condescending egomaniac....Karma can be the greatest bearer of justice known to man.

Glad to see we are on the same side.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #22
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedgehead View Post
If and WHEN (one day, I am afraid it will, but I hope and pray it NEVER DOES) it happens to Roethlisberger, you all will shut the hell up about Tom Brady. Karma, if you all want to play that card(Brady did not deserve it. That is just STUPID.), has a strange way of coming back and biting you in the you know where, so keep jumping up and down about Tom Brady being hurt.
Why thank you - I certainly will!

Someday you will realize that on a STEELERS message board, we do not and will not kiss Marsha's ass, nor will we shed a tear because karma kicked him in his trick knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yeah, it already did happen - Ben almost DIED, and there was no shortage of crass jokes about it coming from the asshat fans of other teams. Now why don't you run along to your little Pats* board already? Or are you on the Titans' wagon this week since they're 6-0?
Word.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #23
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Oh this is not good - more baaaaaaaaaaaaaad Karma

BRADY’S INFECTION COULD HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2008, 10:03 a.m. EDT

In response to recent reports and analysis regarding the infection that developed in the surgically-repaired knee of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, we’ve gathered from our vast array of sources (i.e., Google) some additional information regarding the potential consequences of Brady’s condition.

Actually, we didn’t rely on Google. That would have actually required affirmative effort on our part. Instead, we were contacted by a league insider who spoon-fed us the information.

As we understand it, infections are uncommon in knee surgery, happening only 0.5 percent of the time. (This year alone, however, Tom Brady, Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius, and Colts quarterback Peyton Manning developed infections after knee operations.)

The mere fact that doctors conducted a second surgery should be regarded in each case as a major cause for concern. Infections are treated initially (and ideally) with antibiotics. If antibiotics don’t do the trick, then surgery becomes necessary.

In the case of an ACL replacement, the presence of an infection can lead to far greater problems. Screws are used to hold down the new ligament in place. If, as Chris Mortensen of ESPN observed on Sunday, the screws become contaminated, they must be replaced.

Then there’s the question of whether the ligament was from a cadaver, or from a donor location in Brady’s body. If the infection was introduced via a cadaver ligament, the ACL will need to be removed and replaced.

And so the biggest unknown for now is whether Brady ultimately will need to have a second ACL replacement surgery. Though Brady sounds optimistic that post-surgical antibiotics will do the trick, it’s likely too early to know for sure whether the new ACL will remain infection-free.

If, in the end, Brady needs yet another ACL, Brady might not play in 2009. And, possibly, 2010.

In this regard, consider the case of John Grant. The 2008 MVP of Major League Lacrosse, Grant underwent an ACL replacement four years ago. In August of this year, Grant developed an infection in his elbow. The infection migrated to the ACL, and doctors had to remove the ACL and the screws that were holding it in place.

“When I had knee surgery in 2004, I received a cadaver’s ACL instead of a part from my own body,” Grant said. “I’m no doctor, but I was told that when the elbow infection spread, it attacked the weakest part of my body — the dead tissue in my knee.”

Due to the infection, Grant will have to wait as little as four months and as long as a year to receive a new ACL. Thereafter, he’ll go through the lengthy rehab period following ACL replacement.

Though Grant’s case represents an extreme outcome, the fact that Brady already has needed surgery to clean out an infection in the vicinity of the new ACL puts him on the slippery slope that could ultimately require a new ACL, if the ongoing efforts to remove the infection from his body aren’t successful.