Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583
Default Resigning from the Site (from posting)

I put this in the blast furnace because I know it will get out of control.

Well lets just put it this way I am not going to be posting her anymore. I have been a Steeler fan since I can remember and I just recently (not as recent as some of you closet fans) in August 2005 because my job allowed for me to jump on and talk about the steelers. Well when I first started posting here there were a lot of knowledgable fans here and I respected a lot or for that matter all of them, I mean yes there are a few that got on my nerves but that happens on any site. But since the Steelers won or maybe a little before the Super Bowl is when all the crap started a bunch of front runnin band wagon fans got on board and also a bunch of fans from other teams. Which I can understand happens when a major event takes place. But in my opinon every thread here has had at least one person jumping on with negative responses and not one time have I seen any of the steelersfever "team" stepping up and taking charge in the situation. I am sorry to be going but this place is turning into a dumping ground for immature little fools that have nothing better to do. I may stop by and check in on it a couple of times now and then just to see if anything has changed but until then I just can not do it any more

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428
Default Re: Resigning from the Site (from posting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel - X

Well lets just put it this way I am not going to be posting her anymore. I have been a Steeler fan since I can remember and I just recently (not as recent as some of you closet fans) in August 2005 because my job allowed for me to jump on and talk about the steelers. Well when I first started posting here there were a lot of knowledgable fans here and I respected a lot or for that matter all of them, I mean yes there are a few that got on my nerves but that happens on any site. But since the Steelers won or maybe a little before the Super Bowl is when all the crap started a bunch of front runnin band wagon fans got on board and also a bunch of fans from other teams. Which I can understand happens when a major event takes place. But in my opinon every thread here has had at least one person jumping on with negative responses and not one time have I seen any of the steelersfever "team" stepping up and taking charge in the situation. I am sorry to be going but this place is turning into a dumping ground for immature little fools that have nothing better to do. I may stop by and check in on it a couple of times now and then just to see if anything has changed but until then I just can not do it any more

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x
+ 1 man... Keep the smack in the smack.. And respect eachother outside.. The smack is always in fun anyway.. I dont understand why it has to trickle outside of that forum... I expressed the same feelings via email to the staff.. But noone ever responded

**** the Steelers!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:

Regards
Mike
AKA Steel-x
thats pretty weak man. I can say i just joined this forum a couple months ago. And i would have joined awhile ago but i just recently moved to boston from south dakota. And without having any friends out here i've used this site to pass the time. As far as the tools on here i wouldnt sweat them. I think its unneccesary to leave the form man. Stick it out
Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Steel - X
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBrian
+ 1 man... Keep the smack in the smack.. And respect eachother outside.. The smack is always in fun anyway.. I dont understand why it has to trickle outside of that forum... I expressed the same feelings via email to the staff.. But noone ever responded
Or why it trickles? Please its out of control here. Its in every thread. To me it is so far out there now there really is nothing they can do.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
Steel - X
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
thats pretty weak man. I can say i just joined this forum a couple months ago. And i would have joined awhile ago but i just recently moved to boston from south dakota. And without having any friends out here i've used this site to pass the time. As far as the tools on here i wouldnt sweat them. I think its unneccesary to leave the form man. Stick it out
Man I hear ya but it has been going on for more than awhile now. Trust me I have no problems at all with some but in every thread you have some one disrespecting someone in every thread its out of line. Your alright in my book man.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Man I hear ya but it has been going on for more than awhile now. Trust me I have no problems at all with some but in every thread you have some one disrespecting someone in every thread its out of line. Your alright in my book man.
ive had problems with some tools out of the furnace and i've called them out for there disrespect. If it seems that i've started drama it has been intended. I think as steeler fans we should show each other as well as non steeler fans a true and honest ammount of respect
Old 06-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #7
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Like with a job or anything else in life....Don't EVER let someone run you off.....

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #8
Steel - X
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Like with a job or anything else in life....Don't EVER let someone run you off.....
Trust me I am not like that/this but it is out of control lately.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #9
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I didn't even know about Steelers Fever until right before the Super Bowl. I found it when I was looking for more information than I could get from the official Steelers site.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with others' opinions. That's what makes forums fun. It is a good thing when you get to defend your point of view to someone who has an equal but differing opinion. It helps stretch your mind and makes you a better thinker.

What I DON'T like is rampant fanboyism and jingoism. "Bengals Suck!" bull. It feels like I'm hanging out with a bunch of 14 year olds.

What I DON'T like is being told to go away because I have a different opinion, or because I think that the bandwagon of opinion is wrong. If I have a different opinion from the majority, I'll post why I believe what I do and expect THAT to be attacked; but I don't like being attacked PERSONALLY. Hey, I'm a Steelers fan too... as if that should matter. Steelers fan, Patriots fan, or Bengals fan, counter the words, the ideas. Don't attack the person.

I LIKE SteelersFever because it's the best place to get the latest news. The articles that have been written here and transcribed here, I wouldn't be able to find them anywhere else and by and large they are top notch, well written and insightful.

That's why I read here, but don't post here much. There is a lot of good first-hand information, but very little worthwhile discussion. Once you get past a couple people, there is very little of substance.

Tom
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

The last few months I think it's become contagious...a few people start doing something stupid and it spreads to the entire board. Perhaps more active moderation would help.

I think Mosca has the right idea.
Closed Thread