Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Who's on your draft board ?

Still a long way off but as of now here are some players that i've been keeping an eye on,

Rey Maualuga

Taylor Mays

Evander Hood

Captain Munnerlyn

Alex Mack
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Keep in mind alot of this changes before the season is over and after the combine,,,but as of now....Here is my draft board for the Steelers based on us picking at the end of each round and without taking "sliders" into consideration.


1st ROUND

OT: Jason Smith, Baylor...Alex Boone, Ohio State
C: Alex Mack, California
DE: Tyson Jackson, LSU
CB: Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest... Mike Mickens, Cincinnati

2nd ROUND

OT: Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin.... Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma....
DT: Fili Moala, USC
CB: Kevin Barnes, Maryland...D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt... Darius Butler, Connecticut


3rd ROUND

OT: Fenuki Tupou, Oregon...OG/OT, Max Unger, Oregon...OG/OT Louis Vasquez, Texas Tech
DT:Terrance Taylor, Michigan ...B. J. Raji, Boston College
CB: Trevard Lindley, Kentucky ....Kevin Barnes, Maryland...CB Mark Parson from Ohio
DE: Pannel Egboh, Stanford
LB: Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh

4th ROUND

SS: Chris Clemons, Clemson...Chip Vaughn, Wake Forest
TE: Andrew Quarless, Penn State
OT: Dallas Reynolds, BYU... Jason Watkins, Florida
CB: Bruce Johnson, Miami
LB: Cody Brown, Connecticut...LB: Worrell Williams, California

5th ROUND

LB: Clint Sintim, Virginia....Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
SS Troy Nolan,Arizona State
OT: Dace Richardson, Iowa
CB: Wopamo Osaisai, Stanford....Londen Fryar, Western Michigan
FB: Brannan Southerland, Georgia

6th ROUND

CB: DeAngelo Smith, Cincinnati
FB/TE Marquez Branson,Central Arkansas
OT: Garrett Reynolds, North Carolina...Augustus Parrish, Kent State
OG: Scott Burley, Maryland
LB: Russell Allen, San Diego State
SS: Reshard Langford,Vanderbilt


7th ROUND

OT Sean Sester, Purdue
ILB/ST Ronnie Palmer,Arizona
FB: Chris Pressley, Wisconsin

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 10-21-2008 at 11:39 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Keep in mind alot of this changes before the season is over and after the combine,,,but as of now....Here is my draft board for the Steelers based on us picking at the end of each round and without taking "sliders" into consideration.


1st ROUND

OT: Jason Smith, Baylor...Alex Boone, Ohio State
C: Alex Mack, California
DE: Tyson Jackson, LSU
CB: Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest... Mike Mickens, Cincinnati

2nd ROUND

OT: Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin.... Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma....
DT: Fili Moala, USC
CB: Kevin Barnes, Maryland...D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt... Darius Butler, Connecticut


3rd ROUND

OT: Fenuki Tupou, Oregon...OG/OT, Max Unger, Oregon...OG/OT Louis Vasquez, Texas Tech
DT:Terrance Taylor, Michigan ...B. J. Raji, Boston College
CB: Trevard Lindley, Kentucky ....Kevin Barnes, Maryland...CB Mark Parson from Ohio
DE: Pannel Egboh, Stanford
LB: Scott McKillop, Pittsburgh

4th ROUND

SS: Chris Clemons, Clemson...Chip Vaughn, Wake Forest
TE: Andrew Quarless, Penn State
OT: Dallas Reynolds, BYU... Jason Watkins, Florida
CB: Bruce Johnson, Miami
LB: Cody Brown, Connecticut...LB: Worrell Williams, California

5th ROUND

LB: Clint Sintim, Virginia....Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
SS Troy Nolan,Arizona State
OT: Dace Richardson, Iowa
CB: Wopamo Osaisai, Stanford....Londen Fryar, Western Michigan
FB: Brannan Southerland, Georgia

6th ROUND

CB: DeAngelo Smith, Cincinnati
FB/TE Marquez Branson,Central Arkansas
OT: Garrett Reynolds, North Carolina...Augustus Parrish, Kent State
OG: Scott Burley, Maryland
LB: Russell Allen, San Diego State
SS: Reshard Langford,Vanderbilt


7th ROUND

OT Sean Sester, Purdue
ILB/ST Ronnie Palmer,Arizona
FB: Chris Pressley, Wisconsin

Good stuff. I'm with you on loadholt, Mack, Barnes, Jackson, Moala. I also think the Kid out Cincinati (Smith)has a good deal of upside as well as Johnson out of Miami.

Do you think Jackson would last into the second half of the first round ?
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Good stuff. I'm with you on loadholt, Mack, Barnes, Jackson, Moala. I also think the Kid out Cincinati (Smith)has a good deal of upside as well as Johnson out of Miami.

Do you think Jackson would last into the second half of the first round ?
Jackson is something of an enigma....I hae seen him everywhere from the 1st to the 3rd rounds....I think the first round grades are based more on his performance in 2006 & 2007...and newer grades are based on his performance in 2008 in which he can be neutralized by teams who no longer have to deal with Dorsey. Either way I think he is a legit player..anyone who opposing Offensive coordinators are planning against on a weekly basis is worthy of serious consideration....

...all that being said....unless he shows up slow and out of shape at the combine...I think that he will end up being a 2nd-3rd round pick...(though I will keep him as a late 1st round early 2nd rounder for now, since that is where he is being graded as of today)

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 10-22-2008 at 03:07 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach
 
Aussie_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5037
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Great first board LLT - I would expect nothing less from you.

Loads of these players are on my first rough board. I have only been looking at O line, D line, CB and FS at this stage. Guys I have included are

2nd Round
OT - Jamon Meredith
C - Jonathon Luigs
DT - Vince Oghobaase & Ricky Jean Francois

3rd Round
OT - Andrew Gardener
OC - Eric Wood

Round 4 - 7
I am unsure of where they sit this early but names I am watching are:

DT - Dorell Scott, Demonte Bolden, Ron Brace and Antonio Dixon
CB - Keenan Lewis, Joe Burnett and Morgan Trent
FS - Rashad Johnson,Trimane Goddard, Curtis Taylor, CJ Spillman & Anthony Scirotto

( I am watching Free Safety as I would like to see Anthony Smith to SS replacing Carter)

With more reading some of these players may be culled due to poor character. Also Rashad Johnson and Trimane Goddard may actually be grossly undervalued here in my first ranking.

How long until its officially draft geek season LLT, or does really never end?
__________________
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post

How long until its officially draft geek season LLT, or does really never end?
LOL...it never ends!!!!....I'm ready to quit my job and take up a full time position as "Internet Draft Geek"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,630
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 193
Thanked 1,298 Times in 647 Posts
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Hey LLT, is Boone still hampered by injury?? He looked stiff and slow this weekend against PSU.

Still a large man that can stand to put more weight on his frame, but he loafs around like a guy in a mascot suit from what I have seen. He wiffed on a block on a LB that was 4 yards off the line of scrimmage, just because he ran by him.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Hey LLT, is Boone still hampered by injury?? He looked stiff and slow this weekend against PSU.

Still a large man that can stand to put more weight on his frame, but he loafs around like a guy in a mascot suit from what I have seen. He wiffed on a block on a LB that was 4 yards off the line of scrimmage, just because he ran by him.
Havent heard....I will check.

I didnt get to see the game....Have you had a chance to see Max Unger? He seems to be rising very quickly up draft boards due to an ability to play every spot on the front line.

I have seen where one draft-guru stated that he is guick but not strong enough to play anything but a zone-blocking scheme....but another site showed that he was one of the strongest young men on his team....I need to watch a game to get a better idea of what he can do.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,515
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 659
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,153 Posts
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

max unger - espn scouting report

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...r%3fid%3d24334

Production 1 2005-06: Started in his first 25 consecutive games at the left tackle position. 2007: Started all 13 games at center.
Height-Weight-Speed 3 Height and bulk are only average for the OT position. He is well-proportioned, though. Speed is below-average
Durability 1 A reliable player that has started every game since his true freshman year
Character 0 N/A
Offensive Tackle specific Traits
Strength/Toughness 2 Possesses a strong lower body and the upper body strength to lock on and control defenders. Fights to the whistle and is a finisher
Agility 4 Limited athlete but masks weaknesses with technique. Shows a quick first step and takes solid angles. Plays under control, so if he gets to the second level on time he generally is effective hitting moving targets
Awareness 1 A very intelligent player. Has played both tackle and center position. Keeps his head on a swivel in pass protection and recognizes line stunts quickly.
Pass Protection 3 Sinks hips and can recover when bull rushers get a strong initial push. Gets set quickly but struggles to mirror-and-slide versus athletic rushers. Does a nice job of mirroring rushers and using his hands to keep them at bay.....
Run Blocking 2 Not a road grader but generally gets into good position. Locks on with hands and stands ground. Also effective cut blocker than can knock defenders off their feet

Trait Scale
1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal
:
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who's on your draft board ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
max unger - espn scouting report

Gets set quickly but struggles to mirror-and-slide versus athletic rushers.

Does a nice job of mirroring rushers and using his hands to keep them at bay

Makes me wonder if Emmitt Smith contributed to this!!!


I do like what I read about his versatlity and strength.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts