Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
fred
Water Boy

Member Number: 7127
Default Harrison & Woodley.......again!

How 'bout that duo! two more sacks each against the bungles!

fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323
Default Re: Harrison & Woodley.......again!

That's what I look forward to watching every week, honestly. It's been personal for me all year, because I've told everyone I know since training camp that the Steelers pass rush would be fearsome. As the games go on and these two dominate, my emails and text messages just don't stop. :)

Timmons is reaping the rewards now, too. I really hope the Steelers hang on to Harrison when his contract is up. He's well on his way to black & gold legendary status.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
fred
Water Boy

Member Number: 7127

yessss.....Steelers have a way of producing all those great LB's........just hanging on to
them after they become All-Pros gets harder to do..........
fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

yep, best sack duo in the NFL, and my boy Timmons pitched in a couple also. quite the future we got.

i feel bad for all the AFC North QBs who are gonna have to go through wat there are gonna put them though the next few years
Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
ljk2442
Water Boy

Member Number: 10010

i am very excited watching Woodley and Harrison run over 330 lb offensive tackles on a weekly basis but I think we need to appreciate what the boys in the trenches are doing... i.e. Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel... I really believe last years slump at seasons end was due to the fact our linebackers were not able to play their position naturally..... Aaron Smith is an all-pro 3-4 Defensive End who is very humble, he is a true Steeler... I appreciate the work he does, ANOTHER thing.... did any one see Darnell Stapleton pulling at guard? it seems he has the speed and ability to get outside and pull... good sign since he is only 23 and we need to groom some depth at O-Line!
ljk2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,148 Times in 1,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljk2442 View Post
i am very excited watching Woodley and Harrison run over 330 lb offensive tackles on a weekly basis but I think we need to appreciate what the boys in the trenches are doing... i.e. Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel... I really believe last years slump at seasons end was due to the fact our linebackers were not able to play their position naturally..... Aaron Smith is an all-pro 3-4 Defensive End who is very humble, he is a true Steeler... I appreciate the work he does, ANOTHER thing.... did any one see Darnell Stapleton pulling at guard? it seems he has the speed and ability to get outside and pull... good sign since he is only 23 and we need to groom some depth at O-Line!
True, its all leverage and both Harrison and Woodley are shorter, powerful guys.

The D-Line does do a good job of occupying the O linemen, so that the LB's get 1 on 1 matchups most of the time.

As for Stapleton, yes he is pretty quick and agile, but man Antwan Odom is a terrible player. On the first Moore TD, Odom stood there and waited for Stapleton to pull around and block him. On the Nate Washington TD, the left side of the line (Starks, Kemo and Hartwig) slanted right and Stapleton pulled left to pickup Odom.......if you tried to block Harrison with the RG.....he'd have a sack easily.

The Bengals lousy D- line made our O line look better than it is.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

timmons looks good on those delayed blitzes because he is so fast and can make up for the delay with his speed. while running backs are looking to double team woodley or harrison, timmons is able to fly by.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:34 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,705 Times in 1,568 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Timmons looked really good yesterday it is just a matter of time before he is in the starting lineup and for Woodley and Harrison these two just keep getting better every week.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:58 AM   #9
Busforever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

As for Stapleton, yes he is pretty quick and agile, but man Antwan Odom is a terrible player. On the first Moore TD, Odom stood there and waited for Stapleton to pull around and block him. On the Nate Washington TD, the left side of the line (Starks, Kemo and Hartwig) slanted right and Stapleton pulled left to pickup Odom.......if you tried to block Harrison with the RG.....he'd have a sack easily.
Yes, I suppose that when you are training as a guard against James Harrisson, it's esay to block Antwan Odom
Old 10-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #10
\m/xtrememarine\m/
Water Boy

Member Number: 9384

Just think when the Steelers get big Casey Hampton back. How awsome will the defense be then. Going to be a big challenge next week against the Giants.
\m/xtrememarine\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote