Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: A look at the rest of our schedule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

• Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
  • Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
  • Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
  • Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
  • Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals 8:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
  • Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots * 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
  • Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys * 4:15 p.m. (FOX)
  • Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens * 1 p.m. (CBS)
  • Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans * 1 p.m. (CBS)
  • Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Now, I understand the asterisk next to the Patriots, but why the other five? Or am I just nit-picking?
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

My biggest concern with the upcoming schedule is if Fast Willie be healthy enough to play. Even without Parker the Giants, Redskins, & Titans are loses to me at this point and maybe the Ravens win one! All in all I am thinking at worst we end up 11-5 on the season.

The Steelers are still improving and the O-line is play better.

scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
My biggest concern with the upcoming schedule is if Fast Willie be healthy enough to play. Even without Parker the Giants, Redskins, & Titans are loses to me at this point and maybe the Ravens win one! All in all I am thinking at worst we end up 11-5 on the season.

The Steelers are still improving and the O-line is play better.

Why is everyone thinking the Giants and Redskins are going to beat us? The Giants got killed by Cleveland and the Redskins barley beat them. I do not count those as losses in any way shape or form. If Romo is healthy, I think the Cowboys are much more dangerous than the other 2. Tennessee will likely fall off their pedestal as the season goes along because Collins is not that good and Vince Young is an overhyped, overrated nobody. They don't scare me in the least.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #14
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Why is everyone thinking the Giants and Redskins are going to beat us? The Giants got killed by Cleveland and the Redskins barley beat them. I do not count those as losses in any way shape or form. If Romo is healthy, I think the Cowboys are much more dangerous than the other 2. Tennessee will likely fall off their pedestal as the season goes along because Collins is not that good and Vince Young is an overhyped, overrated nobody. They don't scare me in the least.

My point is that of the teams I think we get potential loses are the ones I picked, not that I think we will lose to them but let's get real the Steelers will most likely lose a few more games and Willie Parker not being healthy will aid in teams playing us a little better. Had "WP" been in the game on Sunday the game with the bengals would have been over at half-time because Moore can not run between the tackles like parker can.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Steeldude
Living Legend

IMO, the steelers should beat the redskins easily. just stop portis and you win.

Quote:
Tennessee will likely fall off their pedestal as the season goes along because Collins is not that good
collins doesn't need to be that good. the titans have a good defense and a good running game. look how far the steelers went with the idiot and grossly more inferior kordell at the helm.

Quote:
Why is everyone thinking the Giants...are going to beat us?
my guess is the fact the giants have a very good D-line and the steelers have a poor O-line when it comes to pass protection.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Now, I understand the asterisk next to the Patriots, but why the other five? Or am I just nit-picking?
The *, I believe are Flex-Schedule game times.

Going into the season I predicted the Steelers would be 10-6. So to predict 5 more loses (which I can't say any are given) I will start with what I believe are the better defences...

Giants
Redskins
Colts
Titans
Ravens

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

We can beat any of the teams remaining on our schedule. We could also lose to any of them.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
missedgehead
Starter

Member Number: 8622

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
As someone who also follows the G Men as well as the Steelers, it is VERY possible that the Giants can win the game against the Steelers. Unlike the teams that the Steelers beat, the G Men have an actual defense. They have an awesome pass rush. So what if they got "killed" by the Browns? The Steelers got "killed" by the Pats last season. The SAME Pats that the G Men beat in the Super Bowl. And? Everyone is entitled to a bad day at the office. The Browns turned back into the Clowns against the Skins by fumbling away opportunites to win. You forget that when they faced the G Men, they were coming off a bye and Anderson was playing for his job at that point. That was their "Super Bowl" so to speak. I think you are making way too much over their win over the G Men. The G Men have a very good Offense as well. Can be a little inconsistant at times, but it is a pretty good offense. We can't make stupid mistakes like we did againt the 9ers, but I think we did a good job. The Steelers O Line is gonna have their hands full against this Giants pass rush.

Redskins are very physical on defense. Their offense is ok. Not great. Romo will probably be fine by the game with them rolls around. I think that game could be winnable. I don't think they are particularly tough mentally. Too much mouth and they don't back it up on the field.

Credit: Spongebobglav for both avatar and signature
missedgehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
We can beat any of the teams remaining on our schedule. We could also lose to any of them.

The final scores will determine who wins.

I think I just found another reason to hate new york even more. Is that possible?
I'm starting to get very edgy.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Last edited by SteelMember; 10-20-2008 at 03:18 PM.
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

When I first looked at the schedule it was this stretch of the next 4 games then the 3 of the patriots, cowboys, and ratbirds that had me worried.

Now with the way things playout every Sunday in the NFL, the rest of the schedule does not worry me like it did at the beginning of the season. While the Giants and Redskins have good defenses, they aren't the best in the league, the colts have an identity problem, the chargers seem to be going in reverse with glimmers of hope only to be shattered. The patriots - well without brady and videotape they're just average at best. The cowboys have become a joke, and the ratbirds are just the ratbirds.

The lone team on the schedule that has me thinking harder than I should is the Titans. How good are they? And what happens if both teams have their divisions locked up by then?

Either way I do see the Steelers losing probably 4 more games and 11-5 will get us into the playoffs and hopefully a "BYE" week as well as home field advantage.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote