Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #21
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Moore still attractive as Parker returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Just what has he been doing with himself over the last few weeks?
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #23
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
A TREMENDOUS increase in hitting the homerun ball EVERY TIME he touches the ball. Not to mention Parker WILL run to darkness at times now. He learned very well from Bettis.
He has three touchdown runs over 30 yards EVER, plus a couple of 70-yard runs in a game against New Orleans that didn't go for TDs. He doesn't rush for "home runs" any more than an NBA player makes a halfcourt shot. Any decent RB is going to break off a long run now and then. I don't see anything stopping Moore from doing it just as often, other than the fact that he doesn't play.

Quote:
MM is a great backup, but I doubt he can take the pounding up the middle time after time. Willie has actually started doing that.
Funny, I would've said the same thing, only with the names reversed. Which one is the guy who's missed something like 5 out of our last 8 official games by getting his ass kicked running the ball?
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
He has three touchdown runs over 30 yards EVER, plus a couple of 70-yard runs in a game against New Orleans that didn't go for TDs. He doesn't rush for "home runs" any more than an NBA player makes a halfcourt shot. Any decent RB is going to break off a long run now and then. I don't see anything stopping Moore from doing it just as often, other than the fact that he doesn't play.

Funny, I would've said the same thing, only with the names reversed. Which one is the guy who's missed something like 5 out of our last 8 official games by getting his ass kicked running the ball?
Um... breaking your fibula on carpet has nothing to do with running up the middle. Go back and watch Willie run the ball... Many times, he is running the ball up the middle into darkness, going for the hit. Moore hasn't yet been in a situation to show that. So we don't know what he will do.

I just find it amazing that everyone dislikes Willie so much...

It reminds me of the first girlfriend after the breakup of a beloved long time relationship. The family just doesn't like the next girlfriend.. .regardless of who she is... she isn't HER... the ex.

Jerome is the ex.. and Willie is the new... and this family just doesn't want to accept him. Period.

Its emotional.. its understandable.. but its still wrong. Willie is a top back in the league..
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #25
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

fwp is the better back and he has proven it.. and memo has proven that he can run the ball when needed.. but a game agaist jax, and a game against a hopeless cincy is not to go on..

but i would say that memo should be in more passing situations

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #26
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

This is getting ridiculous saying Moore should be the Starter over FWP.
Other than Ben and the defense, if it was not for Parker we would have not had the success we have over the last 4 season!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
This is getting ridiculous saying Moore should be the Starter over FWP.
Other than Ben and the defense, if it was not for Parker we would have not had the success we have over the last 4 season!
Why? Nothing ridiculous about staying with the guy who's hot. It could be because he's good.

When you put a guy on a pedestal just because he's the starter, you're not doing yourself any favors. And that's what a lot of Steelers fans seem to do with Parker. I mean, the guy has obvious problems with certain things, so why the hell shouldn't we be keeping our eyes open for waysto improve? If the Patriots* used the same logic as Steelers fans use with Parker, they'd still have Drew Bledsoe as their starting QB.

God, I wish that had happened.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #28
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

I agree . . . I think Moore has done great, but you have to put it into context. Cincinnati is one of the worst defenses in the league--when he tried to run against Baltimore it wasn't quite so pretty. I'm not trying to deride Moore--I think he's a great pickup, a shifty rusher who does all the little things (catching, blocking, etc . . . ) well, but you don't knock off the starting back based on two games against subpar defenses unless the starting back is Chris Perry-esque.

If anything, the main lesson we should get from Mewelde Moore is the same one we should have gotten from Willie Parker--good running backs aren't that hard to find, and there are a lot of guys out there who just need a shot.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #29
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Parker is the starter....whats the old saying, you don't loose your starting job from an injury, it must be taken fairly.

Moore has been immpressive. I personaly didnt know he was as fasta runner as he has shown to be. Unless Mendenhall shows some stuff when he gets back......well you know.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #30
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Um... breaking your fibula on carpet has nothing to do with running up the middle. Go back and watch Willie run the ball... Many times, he is running the ball up the middle into darkness, going for the hit. Moore hasn't yet been in a situation to show that. So we don't know what he will do.

I just find it amazing that everyone dislikes Willie so much...

It reminds me of the first girlfriend after the breakup of a beloved long time relationship. The family just doesn't like the next girlfriend.. .regardless of who she is... she isn't HER... the ex.

Jerome is the ex.. and Willie is the new... and this family just doesn't want to accept him. Period.

Its emotional.. its understandable.. but its still wrong. Willie is a top back in the league..
I love Willie. I just think we don't need to rush him back when we have Moore. Especially since a speed back recovering from a bad knee is going to lose a step for a while.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote