Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #21
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

That's not how it looked on the Jumbotron. After TJ committed offensive pass interference and pushed Ricrado in the back, RC recovered and it looked like the ball was thrown right to Colclough, and TJ took it out of his hands.

Even Cowher said "He has got to make a play on that ball".

Regardless, that should have been picked or knocked down, and NOT a TD.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #22
BigCat
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 25
Member Number: 709
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

You guys are aware of the fact that Chad sat out for more than a quarter of the game. You remember, right after one of your fat defensive lineman rolled his ankle going out of bounds.
Just take the lost with dignity and stop trying to look for moral victories. Because there aren't any.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

We're just not as comfortable with or as used to losing as some other teams in our division...

And keeping that jackass out of the endzone is the very definition of a moral victory.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #24
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 271
Member Number: 732
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
We're just not as comfortable with or as used to losing as some other teams in our division...

And keeping that jackass out of the endzone is the very definition of a moral victory.
I do recall that there was a jackass in the end zone, Hines did score a TD.

Until anyone can keep Chad Johnson from catching a single pass, he's still the top receiver in the AFC. Statistics don't lie.
__________________
Meine Augen sind offen.
Iron City Hangover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,752
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 7,102 Times in 3,082 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat
You guys are aware of the fact that Chad sat out for more than a quarter of the game. You remember, right after one of your fat defensive lineman rolled his ankle going out of bounds.
Just take the lost with dignity and stop trying to look for moral victories. Because there aren't any.
you need to quit crying about your prescious receiver, carrot top, getting a boo-boo while playing a game of football. and stop coming to a steelers forum and telling its members what to discuss. otherwise you can take your win with dignity and make like a johnson and beat it.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,752
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 7,102 Times in 3,082 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron City Hangover
I do recall that there was a jackass in the end zone, Hines did score a TD.

Until anyone can keep Chad Johnson from catching a single pass, he's still the top receiver in the AFC. Statistics don't lie.
kinda like touchdowns dont lie? hines > chad. but lemme guess, when you say "top" wr i will assume youre not offering opinion cause everything you say is fact and only yards and receptions matter in your version of the term "top" right? i guess the rest of the nfl fanbase will just have to accept that then.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #27
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

I would have rather won, and had Chad dance! Fact is we lost! Maybe we were to worried about Chad
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #28
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter
 
Stlrs4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Bedford, Pa
Posts: 5,640
Gender: Male
Member Number: 419
Thanks: 14
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
Totally disagree. If TJ Alphabet and Chris Henry hadnt of voltured so many catches, CJ would have done his TD celebration.

????????? You never know. It's not a given that CJ gets an automatic TD?
__________________

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,752
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,669
Thanked 7,102 Times in 3,082 Posts
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Maybe we were to worried about Chad
the offense or special teams werent worried about chad. they gave the bengals EXCELLENT starting position on just about every drive. look at what the colts did after the steelers gave them excellent field position after a failed onside kick.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #30
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Hey, we stopped Chad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I would have rather won, and had Chad dance! Fact is we lost! Maybe we were to worried about Chad
Troy paid him too much attention and respect. I saw him peel off the short reciever at least a couple of times to leave the underneath guy open.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts