Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,082 Times in 4,584 Posts
Default Re: can we win 4 games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
You guys should fear the bears more than the vikings. The only winning team the vikes have beat was the Giants, and they handed the game to them. Besides the giants their last 5 wins have come against a 2-10 twice, and three 4-8 teams. Even the anemic bears offense scored 28 on the vikes. In their 5 losses(all to teams with winning records) they've been outscored 157-47.
i think the bears will be a much more formidable opponent. although id rather have the vikings in our house and play the bears at soldier field.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
You guys should fear the bears more than the vikings. The only winning team the vikes have beat was the Giants, and they handed the game to them. Besides the giants their last 5 wins have come against a 2-10 twice, and three 4-8 teams. Even the anemic bears offense scored 28 on the vikes. In their 5 losses(all to teams with winning records) they've been outscored 157-47.
Yes, you guys have a very good defense,but I think our offense is capable of putting up the required 20 points to beat you. I dont see your offense scoring more than ten against our defense.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Of course we can win them all! Will we? Who knows?

But if we execute and don't turn the ball over, we will win all 4...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #14
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

I believe the Steelers go 3-1 down the home stretch.

Chicago-L
Minnesota-W
Cleveland-W
Detroit-W
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #15
BritishSteel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
I do - The Bears game is the crucial one - lose and it probably won't matter what happens with the Vikings - one thing's for sure, if we toss it up in the way we did Sunday, the Bears will beat us. If we can stop the turnovers and penalties we ought to have too much for a very tough but offensively limited Bears team.

Who wouldn't take The Bengals at their place in a play-off game on the back of a 4-game streak right now?
BritishSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #16
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Yes we can win the next 4 games (Next week is going to be tough). But even if we win all 4 games it's still no guarantee.

Right now Jacksonville, KC, and SD are all ahead of us. Jax holds the head to head tie-breaker against us, we hold it over SD. We need KC, and SD to lose at least ONE game to get hold of our own destiny again.

Sad thing is we might go 11-5 and still not get in and have the Patriots get in as the #4 seed at 8-8, or 9-7 which would suck ass!

We just have to win out our games to get into a rhythm going into a playoff road game against either Cincy, or NE (which would be nice to pay both those teams back with a playoff spanking in their barn).
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #17
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

KC plays The Bolts at KC week 15 so there is a loss for one of them. And trust me the Pats are'nt going to be 8-8,or 9-9 look at who they have left. Jets, Fins, Bills, and the Bucs in N.E.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #18
sweetness34
Water Boy

Member Number: 897

[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
Yes, you guys have a very good defense,but I think our offense is capable of putting up the required 20 points to beat you. I dont see your offense scoring more than ten against our defense.
The fans of the last 8 teams we've played all thought they would put up 20+ points on our defense too. Those 8 teams combined for 68 points(5 td's and 11 fg's). Here's an article you might want to read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...page=morning13

Is your o-line really that bad? If so Big Ben will need a big bandaid. Here's what favre said after the game:

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre didn't have to say much after Sunday's game as the cast on his on right arm spoke volumes, but Favre wanted to make a point about the Bears defense.

''They're good,'' Favre said after the Bears' 19-7 victory. ''They're damn good.''

Favre came into the post-game interview with his right arm in a cast from his knuckles to his forearm after hitting a helmet or facemask of a defender in the third quarter.

''This probably looks worse [than it is], but there's a knot ... on my forearm,'' said Favre, who added that he believes he got beaten up in Sunday's game more than in any other this season.

''I have a huge blister on my left foot and I got kicked in the right shin,'' he said. ''Mike Brown caught me one time perfect in the ribs. It's [the kind of hit defenders] live for. I also got hit and fell on my head and that kind of dinged me a little bit. I got hit in the back late in the game. You kind of find out how tough you are after games like this.''
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #19
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Can we? I hope, this used to be an easy answer, now?????
The good thing is the Bengals arent really better than us, we split with them and had ample oppurtunities to win that game.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #20
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Quote:
[/URL]

The fans of the last 8 teams we've played all thought they would put up 20+ points on our defense too. Those 8 teams combined for 68 points(5 td's and 11 fg's). Here's an article you might want to read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...page=morning13

Is your o-line really that bad? If so Big Ben will need a big bandaid. Here's what favre said after the game:

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre didn't have to say much after Sunday's game as the cast on his on right arm spoke volumes, but Favre wanted to make a point about the Bears defense.

''They're good,'' Favre said after the Bears' 19-7 victory. ''They're damn good.''

Favre came into the post-game interview with his right arm in a cast from his knuckles to his forearm after hitting a helmet or facemask of a defender in the third quarter.

''This probably looks worse [than it is], but there's a knot ... on my forearm,'' said Favre, who added that he believes he got beaten up in Sunday's game more than in any other this season.

''I have a huge blister on my left foot and I got kicked in the right shin,'' he said. ''Mike Brown caught me one time perfect in the ribs. It's [the kind of hit defenders] live for. I also got hit and fell on my head and that kind of dinged me a little bit. I got hit in the back late in the game. You kind of find out how tough you are after games like this.''
You mean The Packers, Niners ,Saints, Lions,Ravens, Bucs ???? Come on!