Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Steelers Fan Adds Injury to Insult at Cincy Game

So this guy thinks anybody is going to believe that that he got beat up by a Steeler fan over that?

The people in this shithole of a town think that they are the Steelers "biggest rivals".

Really.......they do.

I'm always hearing about how awful Steelrs fans are and how much trouble they cause when they come to town. Well.....I've been to those games and I can assure you that's it's the Bengals fans getting yappy at us and constantly making snide and smart aleck remarks to the Steelers fans that causes all the trouble. (but that's only if their crappy team happens to be winning at that moment.....otherwise they say nothing),

I tell people that in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati means nothing to the fans, that Cleveland is the big fan rivalry and it's the Ravens that the players hate the most. They can't believe that they are the completely irrelevent team of the AFC North. They are so jealous and obsessed with the Steelers that they've built this whole imaginary "rivalry" in their teeny weeny little toothless heads.

Since nobody knows who actually punched the guy, we'll never really know what happened.

Perfect.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Team reaches out to fan
By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • October 22, 2008

A Miamisburg man who says he was sucker-punched and knocked out Sunday during the Bengals-Steelers game is has brought renewed attention the past two days to the conduct and safety of fans who attend NFL games.

Randy Reed says he is a lifelong Bengals fan who attended the game with his wife and 23-year-old step-daughter. During the game, Reed says, he engaged in what he described as “bantering” with Steelers fans sitting behind him in the south end zone at Paul Brown Stadium when he “felt a blow” on the side of his face that sent him into the concrete stairs. He woke up in the security office covered in blood.

No arrests were made in connection with the incident.

Reeds told his story on Tuesday on Lance McAlister’s radio talk show on 1530 Homer. Bob Bedinghaus, Bengals director of business development, confirmed Reeds’ story on Wednesday.

Ironically, Bedinghaus said, there was increased security in that part of the stadium Sunday. Venders did not sell beer in the south end-zone stands during the Steelers game because of a bottle-throwing incident at that end of the stadium during the Browns game Sept. 28. Beer was sold on the concourse behind the stands and was poured into cups to prevent fans throwing bottles onto the field.

“It seems odd, in one group of folks, there is concern about these kinds of things happening,” Bedinghaus said. “In the south end zone, where we actually had a spike of unruly behavior during the Cleveland game, we made what we thought was a measured decision to reduce beer vending in that area, and we are being criticized for reducing beer vending in that area.

“It’s a balance we’re trying to hit, and we’re doing what we think is measured and right and will continue to do that.”

There were eight arrests during the Browns game, two related to merchandize venders being robbed. Four people were arrested during the Steelers game.

A Steelers or Browns game at Paul Brown Stadium, often attended by large numbers of fans rooting for the visiting teams, about 20 people are ejected from the stadium.

“The Steelers’ (games) are a little more emotional than even the Browns these days,” Bedinghaus said. “Of the ejections, a significant number of them, not half, are people who are ejected for smoking. Other things are fights. So, I mean, these things happen.”

Reed said the Steelers were winning 10-0 in the second quarter when he was punched in the face from behind by a person he assumes was a Steelers fan. Reed said his wife and step-daughter had left to use the restroom.

“I was watching the game,” Reed said Wednesday. “The guy said something about (Bengals president) Mike Brown. I’m one of the few people who will defend him, which is getting harder to do these days (the Bengals are 0-7 and 7-19 in their last 26 games, dating to December 2006).

“I said, ‘Yeah, well, at least he’s not selling the team. You guys are going to be the L.A. Steelers. And the next thing I remember is waking up in the security office.”

Reed, 48, said he was covered in blood. He said he broke his wrist, which is in a cast. He also sustained cuts and bruises on his face and nose, he said. Blood stained his white sneakers and No.32 Bengals Rudi Johnson replica jersey, items that he said he had to throw away.

“My intention is not to prevent people from going to see Bengals games,” said Reed, who manages a used car lot in Amelia. “Would I take my kids down there? No. Would I take my wife or daughter back? No.”

Bedinghaus called Reed on Wednesday and offered him four free club-seat tickets to a future Bengals game. Reed turned him down. Bedinghaus offered the Bengals’ cooperation with Cincinnati Police in an effort to apprehend the person whom Reed said struck him.

“I never saw the guy,” Reed said. “I couldn’t tell you if he was 15 or 42 (years old).”

Fan safety and security are major priorities at NFL venues.

In August, the Bengals announced an expansion to their 2-year-old fan conduct policy to include behavior outside the stadium as well as inside. The change to enforce the code on club-controlled parking lots adjacent to Paul Brown Stadium is in keeping with the new NFL policy that addresses fan conduct on game days around the league.

The enhanced code of conduct is intended to address unruly fan behavior that detracts from the game day experience. Any fan, whether in the stadium or the club-controlled parking lots, risks penalties by violating the code’s provisions.

Penalties include ejection without refund, loss of parking passes and/or loss of season tickets.

In 2006, the Bengals started the 381-JERK line that fans could call – they now can text-message, as well – to report unruly behavior during the game to security personnel.

“We're not as bad as others,” Bedinghaus said of fan conduct at Bengals home games compared to other places around the NFL. “But we do think, for Cincinnati, it had gotten to the level where we should take some further action, and we did.”

http://http://beta.cincinnati.com/ar...SFRONTCAROUSEL
Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

The guy looks like a drunk, I'm sure he seen who hit him. But he was too drunk to realize it. Boooo hoooo, he toke an ass whippin, get over it allready. I can't believe this is even news.....
Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

He had a bunch of Bengal fans around him that couldn't apprehend the Steelers fan? BS. If this really happened, the Steeler fan should be arrested.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #15
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
He had a bunch of Bengal fans around him that couldn't apprehend the Steelers fan? BS. If this really happened, the Steeler fan should be arrested.

I wouldnt go that far....All we see is a beaten (drunk looking) guy. He may have thrown the first punch.......seems logical his team was getting their asses handed to them. All we have is is side of the story...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
I can't believe this is even news.....
The people here are dying for any story that villifies the Steelers or Steelers fans. When the Hines Ward hit controversy was put to rest...this comes out.

Berating Steelers fans is somehow comforting to them. It makes them forget about their own miserable team and its problems. The TV News, newspapers and radio talk shows all fuel the fire. I have been listening to this crap since Sunday evening.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoecoop View Post
The people here are dying for any story that villifies the Steelers or Steelers fans. When the Hines Ward hit controversy was put to rest...this comes out.

Berating Steelers fans is somehow comforting to them. It makes them forget about their own miserable team and its problems. The TV News, newspapers and radio talk shows all fuel the fire. I have been listening to this crap since Sunday evening.

True.....
Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #18
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
If this really happened, the Steeler fan should be arrested.
If so, I wish he had. Then maybe they would focus the individual instead of all Steelers fans in general. It will be like the freakin Salem Witch hunts around here before long...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #19
steelwall
Head Coach

Sorry.... I just find it hard to believe a man would just blind side a guy in his own stadium for no reason...... Again one side of the story.... There is another side...

My guess the cincy fan was drunk and talking shit, then a Steeler fan put him in his place.

Seems more logical than a random attack.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #20
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Sorry.... I just find it hard to believe a man would just blind side a guy in his own stadium for no reason...... Again one side of the story.... There is another side...

My guess the cincy fan was drunk and talking shit, then a Steeler fan put him in his place.

Seems more logical than a random attack.
That would be the logical assumption.

If I was going to risk being arrested or having to flee the stadium... and miss the game I had paid to see...to beat someone's a$$... it would have to be a lot more serious than what he says he did.