Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7829
Default Teen MVA's

Hey everyone,

I just thought that I would post these two local accidents that teens were involved in, and 3 have died in hopes that everyone will remind their kids to slow down and think when they get behind the wheel. I know we all see these all of the time, but I have a 21 year old that has been in a few accidents no matter how many times his mother and I have talked to him, and an 18 year old who has limited driving experience.

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/...Y&pageId=3.2.1

Car Crash Leaves 2 Teens Dead in Lorain County

Two Midview High School students were killed in a one-car accident after school on Wednesday in Lorain County's Eaton Township.

The Ohio Highway Patrol says a 2005 Dodge Neon driven by William Krakora, 17, of Grafton, was traveling at a high rate of speed on Capel Road when the car careened out of control and hit a tree.

The car broke up into three main pieces and dozens of other smaller pieces.

Krakora, a junior at Midview, and his passenger -- classmate Richard Curran, 16, of Grafton -- were pronounced dead at the scene.

Troopers say the two teens were not wearing seat belts.

Residents who live along Capel Road report that many Midview students speed up and down the road, and OSP Lt. Glenn Peterson says it's "kids and cars with very little experience driving ... not always a good mix, but this is by far one of the worst crashes that we've investigated in a long time here in Lorain County."

Students that came into Midview High School on Thursday, were all wearing white t-shirts. "Billy used to wear white tees, so we're all wearing white," said one Midview student.

At the school, a team of 16 counselors waited in the library and resource center to help out students who wanted to talk or get help dealing with the tragic deaths. By fourth period 200 students had already been in to talk with the counselors.

Principal Susan Bobola described the school as very quiet. "lots of hugging, kids hugging teachers, but support...lots of support", said Bobola.

Friends of the driver report he had a reputation for reckless driving.

Midview sophomore Tyler Marrero says, "He wasn't a safe driver sometimes. I mean sometimes he would ask kids if they wanted to go ride in the car and they would go and sometimes he would take off out of here at excessive speeds and it wasn't the smartest thing to do."

State Troopers continue to investigate the crash. Although they said speed was a factor, they have not determined how fast Billy was driving his white Dodge neon. More interviews were being conducted Thursday afternoon.

Funeral arrangements are still pending, but the school plans to honor both Billy and Richard with a moment of silence at tomorrow night's Midview/North Ridgeville football game.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/10/15...on-rt-303_122/

LAGRANGE TWP. óWith a hand over her mouth and a catch in her voice, Rhelda Kuzak watched Tuesday night as LaGrange Township firefighters circled what was left of an overturned Toyota RAV4.

Inside the vehicleís twisted metal and shattered glass was the lifeless body of 16-year-old Molly Webber of LaGrange, a junior at Keystone High School.

Kuzak, of LaGrange, said she was heading home from work at 4:54 p.m. and saw the crash that killed Molly.

ďI had a funny feeling that he wouldnít slow down. Before I could do anything, he hit her,Ē she said. ďAs soon as he hit her, she went airborne and started flipping.Ē

Highway Patrol troopers said a Honda CRV driven by 17-year-old Ethan Frey, also of LaGrange, ran a stop sign on Whitehead Road and smashed into the RAV4ís passenger side, where Molly was sitting.

County Coroner Paul Matus said Molly died immediately of head and neck injuries from the impact ó a kind of side-whiplash ó but she also suffered a crushed pelvis and chest injuries.

ďThere were tremendous forces,Ē that pummeled her body as the RAV4 rolled out of the intersection at state Route 303 and Whitehead, he said.

Molly had been riding with a friend, 17-year-old Rachel Salyer of LaGrange, and they had left Wal-Mart in Oberlin just 16 minutes before the crash, Matus said.

Both were wearing seat belts, as was Ethan, he said.

Rachel and Ethan were put on stretchers and wheeled across the highway to helicopters that landed in a nearby field. They were flown to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, where a nursing supervisor said they still were being evaluated by emergency room doctors late Tuesday.

Various investigators said the two teens appeared to have relatively minor injuries.

But Kuzak said Ethan was covered in blood when she ran to his car to help him.

ďHe wanted to get out of the vehicle. I told him to sit still because his head injuries were so bad,Ē she said. ďThere was blood everywhere. It was just dripping.Ē

No charges had been filed late Tuesday.

State Route 303 was closed for about an hour and a half for crews to clear the road of debris from the wreckage.

How has a dink and dunk offense helped our QB I ask?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261
Default Re: Teen MVA's

I work for a major insurance company handling bodily injury claims in the DC/Baltimore metro area. Unfortunately, accidents like these are a fairly common occurence. Teen drivers tend to think that nothing bad will happen to them. I've got an mva now with 4 teens who were killed after wiping out at a high rate of speed and hitting a tree at over 75 mph - you can imagine.

When I first started driving, I read this in an Ann Landers column. My parents printed it out and it hung on the fridge for years as a reminder:

Please God, Iím only 17

The day I died was an ordinary school day. How I wish I had taken the bus! But I was too cool for the bus. I remembered how I wheedled the car out of Mom. ďSpecial favor,Ē I pleaded, ďall the kids drive.Ē

When the 2:50 bell rang, I threw all my books in the locker. I was free until 8:40 tomorrow morning! I ran to the parking lot, excited at the thought of driving a car and being my own boss. FREE!

It doesnít matter how the accident happened. I was goofing off -- going too fast. Taking crazy chances. But I was enjoying my freedom and having fun. The last thing I remember was passing an old lady who seemed to be going awfully slow. I heard the deafening crash and felt a terrific jolt. Glass and steel flew everywhere. My whole body seemed to be turning inside out. I heard myself scream.

Suddenly, I awakened; it was very quiet. A police officer was standing over me. Then I saw a doctor. My body was mangled; I was saturated with blood. Pieces of jagged glass were sticking out all over. Strange that I couldnít feel anything.

Hey, donít pull that sheet over my head. I canít be dead. Iím only 17; Iíve got a date tonight. I am supposed to grow up and have a wonderful life. I havenít lived yet. I canít be dead.

Later I was placed in a drawer. My parents had to identify me. Why did they have to see me like this? Why did I have to look at Momís face when she faced the most terrible ordeal of her life? Dad suddenly looked like an old man. He told the man in charge, "Yes, he is my son."

The funeral was a weird experience. I saw all my relatives and friends walk toward the casket. They passed by, one by one, and looked at me with the saddest eyes Iíve ever seen. Some of my buddies were crying. A few of the girls touched my hand and sobbed as they walked away.

Please...somebody...wake me up! Get me out of here. I canít bear to see my Mom and Dad so broken up. My grandparents are so racked with grief they can barely walk. My brother and sisters are like zombies. They move like robots. In a daze, everybody! No one can believe this. I canít believe it either.

Please donít bury me! Iím not dead! I have a lot of living to do! I want to laugh and run again; I want too sing and dance. Please donít put me in the ground. I promise if you give me just one more chance, God, Iíll be the most careful driver in the whole world. All I want is one more chance.

Please God, Iím only seventeen!

This letter originally appeared in a column by Ann Landers

http://www.pianet.com/Publications/p...odbrochure.htm

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Teen MVA's

Wow. Life is so precious and it can end in an instant. That is why I always try to tell everyone I love and care about exactly how I feel and I try to never hold grudges. For tomorrow is promised to noone.

Thanks Bomber.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote