Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Biden Doesnt like tough questions,Obama camp cancels interviews with local TV station

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-campaign.html

WFTV-Channel 9's Barbara West conducted a satellite interview with Sen. Joe Biden on Thursday. A friend says it's some of the best entertainment he's seen recently. What do you think?

West wondered about Sen. Barack Obama's comment, to Joe the Plumber, about spreading the wealth. She quoted Karl Marx and asked how Obama isn't being a Marxist with the "spreading the wealth" comment.

"Are you joking?" said Biden, who is Obama's running mate. "No," West said.

West later asked Biden about his comments that Obama could be tested early on as president. She wondered if the Delaware senator was saying America's days as the world's leading power were over.

"I don't know who's writing your questions," Biden shot back.

Biden so disliked West's line of questioning that the Obama campaign canceled a WFTV interview with Jill Biden, the candidate's wife.

"This cancellation is non-negotiable, and further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election," wrote Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director for the Obama campaign.

McGinnis said the Biden cancellation was "a result of her husband's experience yesterday during the satellite interview with Barbara West."

WFTV news director Bob Jordan said, "When you get a shot to ask these candidates, you want to make the most of it. They usually give you five minutes."

Jordan said political campaigns in general pick and choose the stations they like. And stations often pose softball questions during the satellite interviews.

"Mr. Biden didn't like the questions," Jordan said. "We choose not to ask softball questions."

Jordan added, "I'm crying foul on this one."

What did you think of the interview?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcnEmex-RhY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Borski; 10-26-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Borski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120
Default Re: Biden Doesnt like tough questions,Obama camp cancels interviews with local TV sta

I heard about this on another forum earlier. The consensus was that while they may have been tough questions, they were also somewhat politically loaded. Were they legitimate questions? Sure they were. I saw some people here saying that Todd Palin isn't on the ballot so why even question him? Does the same not apply to Jill Biden? I think like McCain's "100 years" comments, Biden's recent comments about the new president being tested were taken out of context. Joe Liberman, a McCain supporter, essentially said the same thing on Face the Nation recently:

"Our enemies will test the new president early," Lieberman, I-Conn., told Face The Nation host Bob Schieffer. "Remember that the truck bombing of the World Trade Center happened in the first year of the Clinton administration. 9/11 happened in the first year of the Bush administration."

JFK, like Obama a young Democrat just elected, (assuming Obama gets elected which is likely) faced a "crisis" right after being elected. The Cuban Missle Crisis. We came out on the right end on that one.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Biden Doesnt like tough questions,Obama camp cancels interviews with local TV sta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawzi View Post

JFK, like Obama a young Democrat just elected, (assuming Obama gets elected which is likely) faced a "crisis" right after being elected. The Cuban Missle Crisis. We came out on the right end on that one.
Actually,

Many place the Cuban Missile Crisis in the lap of JFK because of the failed Bay of Pigs. While much of the planning happened under Ike's administration, you still can't compare the CMC to anything that happens in the modern day... there are just WAY too many differences.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Actually,

Many place the Cuban Missile Crisis in the lap of JFK because of the failed Bay of Pigs. While much of the planning happened under Ike's administration, you still can't compare the CMC to anything that happens in the modern day... there are just WAY too many differences.
I'll agree with you there. It was a long time ago, way different situation. It's still an example of a young presdent (Democrat) being tested early in his term with a crisis, and that president getting through it and not letting us all be annihilated.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,950 Times in 4,535 Posts

having watched the interview, id say biden completely laughed her off as the joke she was and 0WNED her.

its quite obvious he has faced tougher questions from 3rd grade students....
Old 10-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #6
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
having watched the interview, id say biden completely laughed her off as the joke she was and 0WNED her.

its quite obvious he has faced tougher questions from 3rd grade students....
Really?

I thought she owned him and he knew it, hence the way they are acting after the fact.

He made his bed with his dumb comments.

He is who we thought he was!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
Really?

I thought she owned him and he knew it, hence the way they are acting after the fact.

He made his bed with his dumb comments.

He is who we thought he was!
So were Joe Liberman's (McCain supporter) comments "dumb" too? They were essentially identical.

"Our enemies will test the new president early," Lieberman, I-Conn., told Face The Nation host Bob Schieffer. "Remember that the truck bombing of the World Trade Center happened in the first year of the Clinton administration. 9/11 happened in the first year of the Bush administration."

Just asking.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,372 Posts

Quote:
Biden's recent comments about the new president being tested were taken out of context.

How in the hell do you take a whole speech out of context? Thats the most piss poor excuse if heard yet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #9
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
So were Joe Liberman's (McCain supporter) comments "dumb" too? They were essentially identical.

Just asking.
First off I don't really care that biden said O would be tested within the first six months. the part I did not like was when he said that we americans might not think that the response is right in the beginning. What the hell does that mean?

Also I replied to a post about the anchor being "owned".

Laughing my ASS off that the O people are pissy about this....

Look at the questions that MCcain and Palin has had to deal with.

I guess they expect every media outlet to be like msnbc and cnn, softball after softball. Well this lady punched him in the mouth and they don't like it.

Oh yea, this was an interview in Orlando.....Don't they need Fla to win? Guess they can write off the central Fla vote. Well done Joe.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #10
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I'd have to agree, I don;t think Biden "owned" her. Her questions we legitiame and he tryed to weasle aroundf them.