Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #11
danman0011
Water Boy

Member Number: 737
Default Re: Congratulations, "Bengals"...

Steeler fan living in the past... The future is now! The North should belong to the Bengals for at least the next three seasons... and PLEASE quote me on that.. The Bengals are working to position themselves for a run a little like the run the Colts are making right now. The Bengals may make a little noise in the playoffs this year, but expect to see them wearing rings within three years. The Steelers reign of terror has finally ended! But at least you have your past..
Old 12-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,089 Times in 4,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman0011
Steeler fan living in the past... The future is now! The North should belong to the Bengals for at least the next three seasons... and PLEASE quote me on that.. The Bengals are working to position themselves for a run a little like the run the Colts are making right now. The Bengals may make a little noise in the playoffs this year, but expect to see them wearing rings within three years. The Steelers reign of terror has finally ended! But at least you have your past..
i game and this????? you guys already think youre the next patriots? lmao! 1 regular season win doesnt make you a dynasty there tiger. looks like the fans already got their playoff win for the next decade. hope the players are taking the same mindset.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #13
danman0011
Water Boy

If the Bengals can keep their young offensive line and receiving core together, and Rudi can continue to rush for 1000 yard seasons, the Bengals will continue to put a whole lot of points on the scoreboard for years to come; just like the Colts have over the past few seasons. Now Marvin and Bengals brass have to start building a strong defense to complete the puzzle. If this is done correctly, we will be a force in the North and could possible contend for an AFC championship. I think the AFC is way too strong for anything too special to happen this year, but our chances of a championship are only getting better as this very young team gains experience. I never once claimed dynasty, and don't expect any team to continue to win year after year in today's NFL, but this team has about as much potetial as any other in the league.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:38 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

A run like the Colts? That run will be one and done, provided they can win it all this year, because the salary cap will kill them.

Now that the Bengals have achieved a tiny bit of success, this thing called "Free Agency" will kick in, and your overrated players will get overpaid to leave and go play for terrible teams. It happens to all good teams, you'll see...

But maybe we should just wait and see how the rest of the season goes, since it was, after all, just one win. One lousy win, and now we have to hear about how the Bengals are Super Bowl contenders for the next 3 years? Maybe it's because the Bengals play their Super Bowl against the Steelers every year and usually lose, so once there's an actual win, they enter into unfamiliar territory. There's a LOT more football to be played yet this year.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #15
danman0011
Water Boy

Get used to fighting for wild cards! That will be the only way the Squealers will be seeing the post season for several years to come. Being the king sure feels good. Welcome to the Jungle, Beotch!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

The KING? You won one game...

Geesh, it's sure gonna suck for you when you guys get knocked out of the playoffs in the first game.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #17
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman0011
Get used to fighting for wild cards! That will be the only way the Squealers will be seeing the post season for several years to come. Being the king sure feels good. Welcome to the Jungle, Beotch!
i see what you did there....the little play on words.... "king of the jungle"? very clever. even moreso if your team were called the lions.

your mighty roar is akin to the somalis downing themselves a few blackhawk helicopters and then proclaiming themselves to be a world super power. or the japanese who still had to fight a war after their strike on pearl harbor.

sure it hurts but if you think the steelers will just fade into bungledom and wave and smile as other teams march on to the superbowl you will be disappointed.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #18
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Of course you'll be upset by that. Past accomplishments and history mean nothing to you, because, relatively speaking, your team has none. It's okay, I understand. But I'm not here to make you feel good about your legacy of losing. Enjoy your win...It actually meant something, for a change...
Wow what a sore loser. Well you live in the past while we, with the better players and team, enjoy our success. Your terrible towel didn't help you a damn on Sunday did it? lol.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames
Wow what a sore loser. Well you live in the past while we, with the better players and team, enjoy our success. Your terrible towel didn't help you a damn on Sunday did it? lol.
You're just clueless, aren't you? This is about as much respect as I'm gonna give any team at any time ever. Learn how to win with a little grace, will ya? If your team spends half as much time gloating like jackasses and patting themselves on the back for finally beating the Steelers, they'll lose focus and get beat by the Browns next week.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #20
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames
the self quoted poster who brings more facts, points, and smack to this whole forum, breaking out with a terrible towel slam? LMAO

all bow to the bengals greatest most intelligent fan before he unleashes more of the most humiliating smack ever!