Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #21
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Congratulations, "Bengals"...

Congrats to the Bengals..u guys won the game and are in firm control of the AFCN. the mistakes killed us and u took advantage as a good team should. For that you are to be commended.

however, please dont go counting your chickens before they're hatched.. this is your first winning season in well over a decade.. and if you think we're just gonna stand by and watch you run away w/ the division for the next 3 years..you would be sadly mistaken. We are competitive every year, year in and year out.. We will be back to take our crown in 2006.. assuming you dont fall apart in 2005 in these last 4 games anyways. Remember this, we dominated you in the first game, and had we not had 7 damn turnovers in the game this outcome may very well have been different. This was not an ass whooping yesterday but rather the better team, for that day, won. We still had our chances but couldnt come up with it.

We will be back, but none the less, good luck in the rest of 2005.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:11 PM   #22
danman0011
Water Boy

Member Number: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Congrats to the Bengals..u guys won the game and are in firm control of the AFCN. the mistakes killed us and u took advantage as a good team should. For that you are to be commended.

however, please dont go counting your chickens before they're hatched.. this is your first winning season in well over a decade.. and if you think we're just gonna stand by and watch you run away w/ the division for the next 3 years..you would be sadly mistaken. We are competitive every year, year in and year out.. We will be back to take our crown in 2006.. assuming you dont fall apart in 2005 in these last 4 games anyways. Remember this, we dominated you in the first game, and had we not had 7 damn turnovers in the game this outcome may very well have been different. This was not an ass whooping yesterday but rather the better team, for that day, won. We still had our chances but couldnt come up with it.

We will be back, but none the less, good luck in the rest of 2005.
Class act! Blitzburgh you are 100% right. I do not see the stains or ratbirds really improving too greatly over the course of the next couple years and truly believe that the AFCN will go to one of two teams; bengals or Steelers. Sundays game was anyone's game but the Steelers made the mistakes and the Bengals took advantage. All I am saying, and no I am not blinded by one victory, is that the Bengals are going to be more than competative in the next two to four years. They should make the playoffs, AFCN champs or not, at least 2 of the next four seasons. Offensively the pieces are in place for this team to be very good for quite sometime. Steeler fan or Bengal fan, an intelligent fan of football in general would recognize this.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #23
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I agree and look forward to seeing Ben and Carson duke it out for years to come. I like the combo of Chad and TJ on your team. You cover one the other ones open.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #24
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I agree and look forward to seeing Ben and Carson duke it out for years to come. I like the combo of Chad and TJ on your team. You cover one the other ones open.
Not to mention the "next randy moss" Chris Henry.

It's ok guys, it's just like colored TV and black-and-white TV...it's time for you guys to move over for the better product and as Chad said, "get used to it."
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,772 Times in 4,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Not to mention the "next randy moss" Chris Henry.

It's ok guys, it's just like colored TV and black-and-white TV...it's time for you guys to move over for the better product and as Chad said, "get used to it."
and while we are all listening to what carrot top says everyone dial 1-800-call att. everyone thought those commercials would last for years too.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #26
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
everyone thought those commercials would last for years too.
No...apparently just you.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #27
danman0011
Water Boy

All I can say for certain is that this rivalry has just become much more heated and the blast furnance will not be lacking smack for years to come. I am looking forward to the next meeting between these two organizations. Hopefully it will be in this years playofffs! As much as I dislike division rivals, I still root for them to nab the wildcard.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,772 Times in 4,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman0011
All I can say for certain is that this rivalry has just become much more heated and the blast furnance will not be lacking smack for years to come. I am looking forward to the next meeting between these two organizations. Hopefully it will be in this years playofffs! As much as I dislike division rivals, I still root for them to nab the wildcard.
good. you may need the wild card if the bengals players think they won the north already with 4 games to go like their fans do. anyways the browns vs. steelers game was one of the best playoff games i have seen the steelers in and yesterdays game was quite entertaining. much better to watch than the colts crap. a rematch against the bengals in the playoffs would be great. if were in different brackets and they lose before that we still get em twice next year!
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #29
danman0011
Water Boy

Hipchest... Do you honestly think that the Bengals will self destruct and not win the AFCN? Come on man.. There is an outside possibility, but honestly. i think that their remaining opponents have a win percentage of .400 and two of those games are at home. It is a possibility, but you have to admit it is highly unlikely for the bengals not to take home the divison.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #30
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The clowns are still a couple years away Atleast..probably more, from being competitive.. the Ratbirds are just pathetic and have zero offense and an over rated and old defense. yeah that 46 defense thing worked out great didnt it Billick?? None the less they will be always be our chief rivals for the forseeable future due to the just plain hatred that the 2 teams and cities feel for each other. hell even billick and cowher dont like each other.

The bengals/steelers rivalry has taken on new signifigance to say the least. It will probably never be on the ratbird level simply due to the respect that the HC's have for each other..but its gonna be a wild 2 games every year from now on, thats for sure.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote