Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 AM   #51
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732
Default Re: Congratulations, "Bengals"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Bengals fans everywhere should be sending cards, letters and gifts to the officials for yesterday's game. I've never seen more horrible officiating than on that last Bengals drive. Just absolutely shockingly horrible calls on nonexistent phantom calls. They literally gave Cincy the game.
Actually, they should be forwarded to Leigh Bodden. He needs to keep his head in the game. You can't push over a receiver before the ball gets to him.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #52
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron City Hangover
Actually, they should be forwarded to Leigh Bodden. He needs to keep his head in the game. You can't push over a receiver before the ball gets to him.
Nice try...they both have equal opportunity at the ball...sadly, in this case, one receiver was named Chad Johnson and was playing for the home team that needed some field position, and the other wasn't.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #53
danman0011
Water Boy

Member Number: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Bengals fans everywhere should be sending cards, letters and gifts to the officials for yesterday's game. I've never seen more horrible officiating than on that last Bengals drive. Just absolutely shockingly horrible calls on nonexistent phantom calls. They literally gave Cincy the game.
You are so damn bitter you can't even stand it.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #54
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

No, I'm not. The Steelers can't win the Division EVERY year...it's all part of the circle of life. But, I've said this before, I HATE it when the officials dictate the outcome of games, and not the players, and the officials dictated the outcome of the game by giving the Bengals an unearned fresh set of downs in the Browns game. The 2nd call may have been alright, but the first was an atrocity.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:46 PM   #55
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Bengals AFCN Champs? Say it isn`t so? Oh Well.

Props to the Bungles! Looking forward to our next meeting though
Old 12-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #56
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
Congrats Bunglebackers...

I hope the Steelers can turn things around and make a run so we can eliminate you in the playoffs.

Bingo!!!!!!!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:20 AM   #57
Interceptor
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 958
Smile Re: Congratulations, "Bengals"...

Not all Bengals fans are beating their chest because of a division title win. Some of us believe it is a step in the right direction - but only a step. Now, where we go from here, how far we go in the playoffs and how we play the next few years will dictate if we are truly contenders. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing a Bengals-Steelers rematch in the playoffs. You guys are our toughest division competitors and I would like to see for myself if we have truly come of age or if this season was just a fluke. Blitzburgh is correct in saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Definitely a hard lesson to be learned by all in light of what happened last year. Oh sure, I could throw that in your face, but I would decline to do that unless we win the Super Bowl because the same could happen to us - rip right through the playoffs only to come up short.

One of you mentioned that our season ended in 1989 and began again this year. In the same breath, the same could be said for the Steelers back in 1979. From that point on, the Bengals have been to the Super Bowl twice, the Steelers once. I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers' domination in the 1970's. They were pretty awesome. But they were different players representing a different era. Same can be said for the Bengals. We don't have the same players of 10 years ago. Both teams have a totally different set of players today. It just seems that the Bengals are meshing well together as a unit under the new head coach. I say this with cautious optimism - I see a great AFC North rivalry between our teams, hopefully a passing of the torch from one dynasty to another. But it's business first - see how well we do in the playoffs before making any conclusions.

Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #58
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

good post mayne, i don't see the bengals winning anything this year, one and done, but that doesn't mean y'all are a fluke just don't have any playoff experince which is needed to be successful in the playoffs. the steelers vs bengals rivalry will last for as long as palmer and ben are leading these two teams and it's gonna be great to watch twice a year.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #59
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
good post mayne, i don't see the bengals winning anything this year, one and done, but that doesn't mean y'all are a fluke just don't have any playoff experince which is needed to be successful in the playoffs. the steelers vs bengals rivalry will last for as long as palmer and ben are leading these two teams and it's gonna be great to watch twice a year.
Don't agree on how far the Bengals will go in the playoffs but I do agree that it's going to be the rivalry of the future.