Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default The Breakdown

My breakdown.

1-10 on 3rd downs. That is officially complete garbage.

3rd Quarter. 8:52 mark. 14-9 game. Move the ball to the Giants 43. Penalty Falst Start. Ball on the Giants 48. Get the first down, Penalty, Personal Foul. ball on the Steelers 47. 53 yard TD pass, Penalty, Holding, No TD, ball moved to the Steelers 37. Eventually punt. Had a chance to put them out of the game and blew it.

4th quarter up 14-9. 4th and 6 Giants have the ball on the Steelers 34 yard line. 30 yard pass play to Toomer. Gay blows the coverage. No pressure on Manning. Leads to a field goal instead of us having the ball.

4th quarter. up 14-12, ball on our 30. 3 and out, including another sack. Long snap over the head. Safety. Pathetic offensive drive.

0-4 on 4th down. Just Sad.

Ben 4 INTs, including the last prayer ball. That equals a loss almost every time.

Gave up 5 sacks. Horrible, Ben held onto the ball too long on at least 2 of them.

Defense, 0 Sacks. Not good.

Defense, 0 turnovers. Not good enough.

Washington, 1 catch. Yes for a TD but it was still, only 1 catch.

Ward, only 3 catches. That won't win it for us.

8 penalties for 59 yards. Unacceptable.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517
Default Re: The Breakdown

Them's the facts.

The only bright spot was the D. They did a good job containing B. Jacobs and the Giants running game. I thought they could have gotten a little more pressure on Eli, because we all saw what happened to him the few times he had someone in his face.

We get more pressure on Eli, and I think you're looking at a sack or two, or even a turnover.

On our side, Ben took a pounding today as usual. He seemed a little off his game, and it showed.

I thought the O-line played decent, but had sporadic bursts of incompentency, which killed us, especially in the 4th quarter.

It's a loss, it hurts. However, we're 5-2 and still atop the division. Washington has looked quite beatable lately.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
3rd Quarter. 8:52 mark. 14-9 game. Move the ball to the Giants 43. Penalty Falst Start. Ball on the Giants 48. Get the first down, Penalty, Personal Foul. ball on the Steelers 47. 53 yard TD pass, Penalty, Holding, No TD, ball moved to the Steelers 37. Eventually punt. Had a chance to put them out of the game and blew it.
This right here was when the game started to go south. They score even a FG on that drive, and they are in complete control of the game. For that reason, this loss is going to leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, because it's one I feel they should have won. But that's where it ends - you won't see the absolute silliness out of me that you will see from the "sky is falling" crowd.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
This right here was when the game started to go south. They score even a FG on that drive, and they are in complete control of the game. For that reason, this loss is going to leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, because it's one I feel they should have won. But that's where it ends - you won't see the absolute silliness out of me that you will see from the "sky is falling" crowd.
I agree, it was the turning point in the game. We had a chance to put more points on the board, eat clock, take charge of the game completely and we had a massive let down.

I don't say the sky is falling. We lost this game. 5-2. If we were 0-7 I'd be ducking for cover, but this is a game we should have and could have won. Sour taste for sure.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

lol sour taste for sure! we had it and blew our d played lights out man they where awesome stopping them on the goal line! but yes the sky isnt falling we are 5-2! My eldest son pointed this out to me when we lose i go outside and walk around talking to myself. am i crazy or does anyone else have these little "rituals" or hell i wil say it quirks? so for now i am off to go talk to myself

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
Dizzle43
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8235

That about sums it up. Almost every one of those plays were made because of the "starters in waiting" as well.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
steelmatic1906
Water Boy

Member Number: 9484

I agree with everything that was said, but this is the 2nd lost to basically the same style of defense. Please tell me why we cant figure out this blitz!!!! no screens, no draws no slants, or wr screens. -4yrds in the 4th qrt!!! Now thats completely unacceptable! Arians will be fired at seasons end!
steelmatic1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

Defense can't get the blame for any part of this loss. They gave us a chance to win and put them away and the Offense couldn't do it.
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmatic1906 View Post
I agree with everything that was said, but this is the 2nd lost to basically the same style of defense. Please tell me why we cant figure out this blitz!!!! no screens, no draws no slants, or wr screens. -4yrds in the 4th qrt!!! Now thats completely unacceptable! Arians will be fired at seasons end!
Exactly!
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #10
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Its my bad....I completely sold out for a PS win over OS......I had no mojo left for da Stillers.

I'll be ready to move on by Thursday.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote