Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Okay enough mourning I moved on Whos ready for the Skins?

A monday night game!!!!! Gotta love it!!!

Ready to move on and ready for #6!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
SuzyPeppercorn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2955

I hope the defense can get some pressure and hits on campbell and force him to make some bad throws.

I think the team that makes the least amount of mistakes is going to win this game. We need to make sure we dont shoot ourselves in the foot.
SuzyPeppercorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #13
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083
Default Re: Okay enough mourning - I moved on - who's ready for the Skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
Ok Giants game was a bitter one, but a good nights sleep and I think Im good, nothing you can do. This is the third game against the nfc east. We gotta get a win without a doubt since were 0-2 against them. The skins dont turn the ball over but im confident our defense will find a way to rattle Jason Campbell. But without a doubt the steelers biggest concern is Clinton Portis since this guy is running wild on everyone.

Any other thoughts or comments?
Definitely - Giants game was a loss, and it hurt, but there are many postives to take from it, that the 'Skins should be afraid:-

1) We lost by one TD on Sunday

2) The Offence just about played as bad as they can,.......and we lost by one TD.

3) 'Fast' Wille could be back for Monday....that's gonna scare any opponent. He'll skin the 'Skins.

4) If he isn't Mewelde is looking awesome - why he didn't get more of the ball Sunday is mistifying! He'll skin the 'Skins.

5) The Steeler D is gonna be pissed.....with everybody....and will be looking for some serious payback. They've proven themselves to be #1 , and they won't accept two losses.
(As god* as they are, they do need a little help from the O - * See what I did there....deliberately misspelled good )

5) The Coaches will take on board the No Huddle...if they don't then it's time to get on their case - it has proven to be be successful, very successful.

6) Ben will realise, he can't win every game on his own, no matter how hard he wants to or tries to, sometimes he's just gotta take that throw-away.

7) It’s a Monday Night game – The Steelers like Monday Night Games, and Monday Nights like The Steelers!

And 8) God wears Black and Gold - and he won't settle for two defeats on the bounce.

My two cents anyways.

And just in case anyone's wondering, there is a saying over here - To skin someone, basically means, to move past them effortlessly, making the opponent look stupid. That's the rough translation anyway! :) You probably use it anyway......so................ I'll just shut-up.
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i think our def will have a huge test against clinton portis.. he is having an amazing yr so far running the ball.. we need to make sure we shut him down...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Nothing like calling the uncle (who is a diehard skins fan) and talking a little smack (gotta be a little because he makes some damn good deer jerky and deer bolognie).

Good thing I won't be at his house. When I was in high school he kicked me out of his house for cheering against the skins. Lesson learned, but that game wasn't against the Steelers.

Looking forward to an awesome game on Monday night!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #16
randy06
Team Captain

Member Number: 8046

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
i think our def will have a huge test against clinton portis.. he is having an amazing yr so far running the ball.. we need to make sure we shut him down...
we will
randy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,009 Times in 1,868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Nothing like calling the uncle (who is a diehard skins fan) and talking a little smack (gotta be a little because he makes some damn good deer jerky and deer bolognie).

Good thing I won't be at his house. When I was in high school he kicked me out of his house for cheering against the skins. Lesson learned, but that game wasn't against the Steelers.

Looking forward to an awesome game on Monday night!
I have a uncle just like that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan485 View Post
With this recent loss we were facing the number one team in the NFL for sacks, the 'skins have no pass rush and are at #28 they have only had 8 sacks all year.
I didn't know that. but yeah, jason taylor has been injured....their 3 corners are very good though.

No pressure means ben can win it

Portis doesn't scare me at all. he's been having an amazing season ( mvo so far imo) but the steelers D is nasty. he won't be able to handle it

campbell gets his 1st INT of the season next week. and he'll have a lot of those
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #19
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

I think if the D plays like they did consistently against the Giants, we'll be alright. Here's hoping the offense gets their heads out of their bee-hinds.

Memo to Ben: If you don't see anybody open, THROW THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS, PLEASE!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #20
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Washington has the 7th ranked offense in the league. They average 155 yards rushing and 209 passing. with 20.6 points per game.

Portis is the machine that moves their offense. 7 TDs and a 5 yard per carry average. He must be the focus of our attack.

Campbell has yet to throw an INT this season. He's been sacked 16 times but has a 100.5 QB rating. He's efficient and doesn't make mistakes. We must be sure we contain his passing game, which averages 7.63 yards per completion.

His #1 target is Santana Moss, yet his #2 target is Chris Cooley The TE. We must be sure to not get caught in matchup problems with their TE. Randel El is the 3rd receiver with Portis at 4th.

Defensively, they are ranked 11th. They allow only 82.8 yards rushing a game and 195 yards passing per game.