Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337
Default Rally Count

So, both McCain and Obama came to ABQ this past Saturday.

McCain's event had about 1,500 in attendance. I wish I would have gone but couldn't make it. It was really early.

I was at the Obama event that night and there were 35,000 people on the field and another 10,000 - 15,000 on the perimeter. It was only announced maybe a day or two ahead.

Here's the http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...ur_empiri.html link where I got this information (not a liberal paper, clearly by the headline and their endorsement for McCain)

I just wanted to know, have any of you been to a rally for either candidate? Was there something said that you really liked? Do you think the rally count matters? Is it any indicator for the result of this election? Is it important or just like yard signs or polls, meaningless?

Just from my observations at this one rally - since it was held at UNM I thought it would be mostly young people, college kids - but I was wrong - there were tons of elderly people(and a few medical emergencies), families and strangely, lots of football fans wearing NFL jerseys . I was impressed with Obama's speech, especially that it was a unifying speech. It wasn't a "let's boo McCain" speech at all, refreshing. I had no interest in one of those kinds of speeches - I will never be part of any crowd carrying torches. I was also impressed that Obama (and McCain) can still talk about this stuff without losing their voice or becoming sick of hearing themselves talk (although I'm sure they secretly are). I was in a rock band and I hated playing the same song more than 10 times - much less 1,000. These campaigns are a real trial by fire. It must be frustrating but for whoever wins, in the end, worth it. Hopefully it will worth it for the people. I believe that with whoever wins we'll be fine. Of course, I want Obama to win but I know the sky won't fall if McCain gets it.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Rally Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
So, both McCain and Obama came to ABQ this past Saturday.

McCain's event had about 1,500 in attendance. I wish I would have gone but couldn't make it. It was really early.

I was at the Obama event that night and there were 35,000 people on the field and another 10,000 - 15,000 on the perimeter. It was only announced maybe a day or two ahead.
400,000 people attented Louis Farrakhans "million man march".....He must be a viable candidate for president...Right?

The American Idol mentality of those who want to throw their panties on the stage of Barack Obama is not exactly a qualification worth noting.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
400,000 people attented Louis Farrakhans "million man march".....He must be a viable candidate for president...Right?

The American Idol mentality of those who want to throw their panties on the stage of Barack Obama is not exactly a qualification worth noting.
Nice answer.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Nice answer.
Seriously....take a look at the Locker room area....then glance up....there are plenty of Football related topics ...80% of the threads you have started are non-football....and most are political....Try some sports talk intead of trying to indoctrinate everyone with your Pro-Dem rhetoric. It would be refreshing.

I cant wait for this election season to end...regardless of who wins...just so we dont have to listen to the left talk about everything EXCEPT why Obama is qualified to be the next president.

As for my answer... no I havent been to a rally....I have to work so that 35,000 people can go to an Obama rally.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

I'd love the chance to go to a Palin rally if she held one here. (Note that she draws large enthusiastic crowds just like Obama).
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I cant wait for this election season to end...regardless of who wins...just so we dont have to listen to the left talk about everything EXCEPT why Obama is qualified to be the next president.
I'm with you there all the way LLT. Unfortunately, however, I've had no takers from the left in response to my post giving my word I won't gloat it McCain takes the White House and I asked if the left could do the same. To be honest, I haven't had any responses from the right either. As far as Obama's lack of qualifications and experience, as the old saying goes - you get what you pay for. Sadly, at the expense of the American people, I fear.

Quote:
As for my answer... no I havent been to a rally....I have to work so that 35,000 people can go to an Obama rally.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

He's really famous...he's a celebrity. What'd you expect? He had 100k in Colorado, too...

That doesn't make him any more qualified to run the most powerful Country in the World, though...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I'd love the chance to go to a Palin rally if she held one here. (Note that she draws large enthusiastic crowds just like Obama).
Hopefully you'll get a chance to experience that. I would go to any of the above's rallies if I had the time and/or they came to my area.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Quote:
Seriously....take a look at the Locker room area....then glance up....there are plenty of Football related topics ...80% of the threads you have started are non-football....and most are political....Try some sports talk intead of trying to indoctrinate everyone with your Pro-Dem rhetoric. It would be refreshing.
For someone who's so busy working so the rest of us can go to rallies, you sure have a lot of time to research my posting habits. It's election season but I do post elsewhere. Take your own advice. Don't read it and don't post. You post a lot here too although I don't have any percentages for you. Indoctrinate? If you want to call me a teacher, then you must be learning. Cool. If what I post is Pro-Dem rhetoric, what is yours? I think the only thing we have in common is that we both had a bad day yesterday. I guess I'm just not as grumpy about it as you.

Quote:
I cant wait for this election season to end...regardless of who wins...
Wow, you actually read my post.

Quote:
That puts a capital M in Martyr.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
. Indoctrinate? If you want to call me a teacher, then you must be learning. Cool. If what I post is Pro-Dem rhetoric, what is yours? I think the only thing we have in common is that we both had a bad day yesterday. I guess I'm just not as grumpy about it as you.
1) Look up the definition of indoctrinate: to imbue or influence with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle.....One who indoctrinates does not need to be a teacher, but nice try.

2) the only thing you have taught anyone is that you are consistant in your ability to dodge the ONE question that gets to the heart of the matter...What are Obamas qualifications?.....that 35,000 showed up to hear a person?....that someone is easy to listen to?....that what comes out of a persons mouth is different than what you have heard before?.....WELL THAN...congratulations....You just described what an adolescent girl finds "neat" about the Jonas brothers.

3) Not having a bad day at all....just thought that the need to continue post after post of political animal shaped balloons...would have died out with the knowledge that noone is going to change their minds based on a "more people go to Obama's rally" argument.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 10-27-2008 at 02:56 PM.