Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
SuzyPeppercorn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2955
Default People jumping off of Big Ben's wagon

does anyone else think that everyone is overreacting about ben throwing 4 interceptions.

let me make this clear. ben had a bad game. he didnt play good at all.

does 4 interceptions reflect that? i dont think it does. lets recap the 4 interceptions.

the first one. a terrible decision trying to force the ball in a window that is just too small. no excuse.
the second one. ben hits nate in the numbers and he coughs it up. nate has to hold on to that.
the third one. with our long snapper out for the game and a 50yd field goal staring us in the face. we go for it on 4th and 4. protection breaks down and instead of taking a sack which would have given the giants excellent field position ben throws it up for grabs. i dont really see what else he could have done. taking a sack was way worse than throwing a pick. actually throwing an incompletion was worse than throwing a pick.
the fourth one. 4th and 10+ yds inside your own twenty. ben heaves one deep and it gets picked.

let me repeat this. i think ben played a bad game. the defense gave us a chance to win the game and the offense didnt pull through. but i dont get all the talk i am hearing about ben sucking cuz he threw four picks. four interceptions sounds bad but i dont think he played as bad as the stats suggest.

any thoughts??
SuzyPeppercorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: People jumping off of Big Ben's wagon

Even the best hall of fame QB's had bad games. Ben is a good QB, I honestly think he is trying to be too tough and play through injuries.

Not to mention he doesnt have the best protection in the world......or even close for that matter.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Steelers QBs are never cut any slack whatsoever. There's a reason Bradshaw carried a very sizable grudge against Steelers fans in general for a good two decades after he retired. Same old, same old.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Steelers QBs are never cut any slack whatsoever. There's a reason Bradshaw carried a very sizable grudge against Steelers fans in general for a good two decades after he retired. Same old, same old.
This is true, but also true is we havent had a QB the caliber of Big Ben, since Bradshaw.The steeler nation is tough on our QB's but, I personally think Ben will take whatever is thrown at him. He's a gamer, perhaps even too much. I think in the Giants game there was some thing wrong with him, his passing motion didnt even seem right. I think he's hiding an injury, or making less of the injury than it is.

I mean come on...........if you have seen Ben play you know he can put the ball in the numbers, while running full speed, he's good.

I think Ben and Bradshaw are two totally different people, I like them both, but Bradshaw brough alot of criticsm on himself, not necessarily by his playing but his attitude while he was playing. Just IMO........... On the same token I think the Steeler nation has embraced Bradshaw now.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,698 Times in 1,767 Posts

He had a bad game, a real bad game. But he always bounces back.

Not sure if his shoulder is bothering him more than he's letting on or what.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
He had a bad game, a real bad game. But he always bounces back.

Not sure if his shoulder is bothering him more than he's letting on or what.
I think it is his shoulder to be honest. But unlike Bradshaw (who would flail around like a fish out of water when he was hurt) Ben plays through it. I don't condone this but I do admire his desire to play.

But again Bradshaw did go 2 decades with a chip on his shoulder, and given the way he was treated I don't blame him, but again I think the STEELER fans have come to love him again, and he knows it.

If yu seen the tonight show (can't remember may have been last year) he admitted as such.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Even the best hall of fame QB's had bad games. Ben is a good QB, I honestly think he is trying to be too tough and play through injuries.
Not to mention he doesnt have the best protection in the world......or even close for that matter.
Agree'd. What was with his thumb? It looked dislocated, but I haven't heard any more.

As far as the int. breakdown, the 2nd (tipped) can be dicounted, but the others are his fault imo.
The 1st, as stated, was forced.
The 3rd and 4th, I can understand the arguement, but I don't believe field position was of any consideration at the time. It was getting late and the Steelers needed a score. Gotta get the 1st down.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
Agree'd. What was with his thumb? It looked dislocated, but I haven't heard any more.

As far as the int. breakdown, the 2nd (tipped) can be dicounted, but the others are his fault imo.
The 1st, as stated, was forced.
The 3rd and 4th, I can understand the arguement, but I don't believe field position was of any consideration at the time. It was getting late and the Steelers needed a score. Gotta get the 1st down.

Yes he did force some, but still something did not seem right. His accuracy is way better than what we seen sunday.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Ben's not a mediocre QB. He's either awesome or he sucks. When he's good, everyone loves him and of course when he's bad, fans start freaking out. High risk, high reward. He's never gonna be perfect but at least he's exciting. His play relies on the team to play as one and sometimes that doesn't work. Yeah, I think he plays hurt too much but can you blame him? Every time a QB sits a game out they put their job at risk.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I hope everyone jumps off his bandwagon and the Steelers bandwagon and that the Steelers can move forward in obscurity - only to once again SHOCK THE WORLD come early February.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote