Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #21
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911
Default Re: People jumping off of Big Ben's wagon

Ben definetly had a bad game. Out of the 4 ints only one was a very poor decision. The 1st int should have been for a long gain. I think Ben saw the safety and tried to throw the ball in the dirt. And the safety made a great play. Problem is Ben should have seen the position of the safety and gone over the top to Ward. Possibly Ben thought Ward would break to the left seeing how shallow the safety was playing.

Ben still has a way to go to be elite, as far as reading defenses. But his athleticism, toughness and gamesmanship are what make him great at this point in his career.

Ben's a playmaker and sometimes that attribute works against him. Besides having Ben sometimes take what the D gives him, I wouldn't change a thing. And I will not waiver from my belief that the offensive woes are due to Arians, not Ben.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #22
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I'm sure Ben will bounce back strong this week. He usually does after he has a bad game.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120

There's always going to be a bandwagon and someone there to jump on it, especially with the Steelers. I mean that as a compliment because they are consistently a good team. Let 'em jump off who needs 'em?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #24
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

I love #7. He's developing into a leader and arguably one of the top 5 QB's in this league. I will challenge anybody who says otherwise.

But he still does things that drive me up a wall, across the ceiling and back again. Most notably the way he will hold onto the ball and try to make a play happen at the last minute when it's painfully obvious there is no play to be made. As someone said, he wants to make the big play, but dag! Sometimes ya gotta know when to let it go!

When Big Ben finally gets a decent O-line, those stats are gonna get better. And he's not gonna have a 4-TD game every Sunday. That's how the game is. But geez the name-calling when he does have an off-day is getting stoopid (misspelling
intended).
Old 10-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #25
Aagren
Water Boy

Member Number: 7569

[QUOTE=memphissteelergirl;463609]I love #7. He's developing into a leader and arguably one of the top 5 QB's in this league. I will challenge anybody who says otherwise.

Agreed to that.
On the other hand it seems like Ben is only as good as the play called. All the sacks on sunday happen when the back field was empty, and when the offense stopped using Moore or Russell activly in the game. We also need a better use of Heath to counter the pressure, small dump offs.
But we need too trust in the offense and that is counting all 11 the coaches put on the field and support every one.

Looking forward to coming back to the steel city and USA next year come october or november.
Aagren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #26
Makaveli
Banned

Member Number: 5998

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Bradshaw was as tough as they came. Bradshaw, like Ben, took a lot of undue criticism which is why he had that chip on his shoulder - it was caused by the same mentality that leads to idiots calling Ben "Big Pick Oafishburger" and the like after one bad game. Bradshaw's 60 years old now. He's mellowed.

I'm far from an idiot Billy boy. And i and as anyone else
has the right and freedom to voice their opinions whether or not they are in accordance with your "beliefs ".

And for the record,....my disdain for Roethlisberger is not "new" by any means. So miss me with the "one bad game " theory.

But you wouldn't know that,..because you do not know me personally .And as such you indeed are the only one displaying "idiocy" and or ignorance upon a message board to an individual that you most certainly would not do so to in his presence.

And that's the difference between you and i.
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,313 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
And for the record,....my disdain for Roethlisberger is not "new" by any means. So miss me with the "one bad game " theory.

But you wouldn't know that,..because you do not know me personally .And as such you indeed are the only one displaying "idiocy" and or ignorance upon a message board to an individual that you most certainly would not do so to in his presence.

And that's the difference between you and i.
Funny, but I didn't see you expressing your disdain for Roethlisberger after the Jax game. Why is that?

"Internet Tuff Guy" too. Figures. I suppose you'll be challenging me to post my address and phone number here so you can come kick my ass next, right?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #28
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

I think Ben is one of the top 3 QB's in the league, maybe I'm being a bit of a "homer" there but that's OK, it's JMO....Honestly, bottom line, you put Ben behind a top 3 OL and he can play and make the plays as good as Brady or Manning....This year Brady is out, Manning and his Colts are having an off year, and it's pretty obvious Ben is playing behind a less than stellar OL, and his peformances are showing that....Whether he's playing hurt, or maybe because of the injuries or the OL in front him, to me, I think he feels he's the leader and he's got to make somethin' happen out there, and honestly, HE SHOULD FEEL TAHT WAY, but it doesn't mean he's going to get the results to match his intentions right now, and we are seeing that....For me, if I'm starting a franchise right now and I could pick any QB in the league right now as my QB for the next decade, there AIN'T NO DOUBT I'm picking Big Ben, he is magical when all the pieces of the puzzle are in place.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #29
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'm willing to take the good, bad and the ugly with Ben. For richer, for poorer, for better or worse. I'll be there ......

I think you get thepicture.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #30
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Ben just had a bad game. He will snap out of it.

Those who are jumping off that bandwagon, must not have put up with the 1991, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, and 2006 seasons during my lifetime and other past non-playoff or non winning season.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote