Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,081 Times in 3,070 Posts
Default Re: Bill Cowher should be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
Look at what chow has had to work with....... That offense has moved the ball farely well

Chows rep at USC speaks for itself
someone accused you (perhaps falsely) of actually possessing football knowledge. if that were the case i think you would recognize a qb who has led his team to conference titles, playoff wins and a superbowl appearance, 2 promising and young running backs, erron kinney, ben troupe for te's, one of the hottest receivers at the end of last season and a whole core of young prommising wr's. its not like hes working with trash or what san fansisco has got. its kind of like being suprised the lowly cardinals pass for alot of yards with k. warner, a. boldin, and l. fitzgerald. maybe the steelers should hire their offensive co-ordinator
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Cats, Hows come you weren`t calling for Cowhers head when we beat you the first time this season, or the past 11 games?

Cowher didn`t hurt Bens thumb or knee, cause him to throw three picks, he didnt make hines Ward fumble and drop a potential td pass. He didn`t make Willie Parker fumble twice. He wasnt the one that told the refs Not to call the fumble early in the game. He didn`t tell our defensive backs not to look back when they had good coverage. He didn`t make Troy drop the interception that would have led to O.T..

He is the one who coached our team to a close game despite all the turnovers and mishaps.
The big difference between your team and ours is HEALTH. We got beat by NE , and we wee pretty healthy, but it was a close game. Jags, we used washed up Tommy and still went to O.T. The ratbirs loss another Tommy game. Then the Indy game Bens first game back, we lost! Then yesterdays game, for sake of an arguement we`ll say we lost although we are banged up. Take away to Tommy Maddox games, that were still close even though that bum was playing. And we would still be tied with you. SO Cowhers isnt to blame for everything. Cowher stays , You Go!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:55 PM   #13
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
someone accused you (perhaps falsely) of actually possessing football knowledge. if that were the case i think you would recognize a qb who has led his team to conference titles, playoff wins and a superbowl appearance, 2 promising and young running backs, erron kinney, ben troupe for te's, one of the hottest receivers at the end of last season and a whole core of young prommising wr's. its not like hes working with trash or what san fansisco has got. its kind of like being suprised the lowly cardinals pass for alot of yards with k. warner, a. boldin, and l. fitzgerald. maybe the steelers should hire their offensive co-ordinator

A) McNair has been missed alot of time
B) Bennett has been hurt most of the year
C) B Jones is on IR
C) C. Brown has been dinged
D) Volek sucks
E) Huge salary cap purge
F) That d is terrible
G) This is only week 13 of the chow era not year 14
H) T Henry has missed most of the year

Yet they're still 16th in total offense.

Last edited by Go_Cats; 12-05-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Go_Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
tony hipchest

Quote:
A) McNair has been missed alot of time
B) Bennett has been hurt most of the year
C) B Jones is on IR
C) C. Brown has been dinged
D) Volek sucks
E) Huge salary cap purge
F) That d is terrible
G) This is only week 13 of the chow era not year 14
H) T Henry has missed most of the year

Yet they're still 16th in total offense.
and yet you say "that offense has moved the ball {fairly/pretty} well"???? only with the players i have mentionned.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
I dont think he looks that old

He'll be 60 next year. Crennel is 57, and he's one of the oldest 1st time head coaches ever. Not many 60 year olds are capable of working 100 hour work weeks...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I dont know... Ive been a cowher supporter ever since he got here thru all the trials and successes.

His personality fits our team and the players like playing for him..the Rooneys respect him and vice versa. I dont know though how much longer they will hold on when we keep getting so close but just cant get over the hump.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #17
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Cats, Hows come you weren`t calling for Cowhers head when we beat you the first time this season, or the past 11 games?

Cowher didn`t hurt Bens thumb or knee, cause him to throw three picks, he didnt make hines Ward fumble and drop a potential td pass. He didn`t make Willie Parker fumble twice. He wasnt the one that told the refs Not to call the fumble early in the game. He didn`t tell our defensive backs not to look back when they had good coverage. He didn`t make Troy drop the interception that would have led to O.T..

He is the one who coached our team to a close game despite all the turnovers and mishaps.
The big difference between your team and ours is HEALTH. We got beat by NE , and we wee pretty healthy, but it was a close game. Jags, we used washed up Tommy and still went to O.T. The ratbirs loss another Tommy game. Then the Indy game Bens first game back, we lost! Then yesterdays game, for sake of an arguement we`ll say we lost although we are banged up. Take away to Tommy Maddox games, that were still close even though that bum was playing. And we would still be tied with you. SO Cowhers isnt to blame for everything. Cowher stays , You Go!
Its always something with Cowher

His way of coaching has been worn out in Pitt for a few years now and the players just don't play for him anymore. All he can do is coach defense and that D was made a fool of once again. What has he ever won in Pitt? He has never once won the big game and will never do it. Rah rah rah physical can only get you so far. Its all about the X's and O's now and he just does not have it in that department. He has had great teams and not done anything with them..

he has had great players and done nothing with them but let them go in free agency. Sure its not all his fault but you can bet if he wanted to keep more of the stars he has lost they would still be in Pitt. If you Pitt fans don't realize that Cowher is a lame duck coach there then you will never win anything. Until he is gone it will never get any better than it is right now in Pitt. Deal with it cause its FACT. A change of head coahing is needed in Pitt bigtim

Cowher = Schottenheimer

Guys like them will always have a head coach gig. They are good coaches. Unfortunately, they dont have the imagination or balls to take a team from a playoff team to a Super Bowl champion.

Yesterdays loss could likely knock the Steelers out of the playoff chase. Is that a big game for you? KC and SD are 8-4 and Jax is 9-3. All ahead of Pitt with only 2 spots available.

Dont fool yourself, that was a BIG loss by the Steelers. Especially at home. Is next week not a big game? They lose to the Bears and they are D-U-N!!

Cowher is good just not good enough. If you want a SB title, cut ties. If you want a perennially respectable but uninspiring team, keep extending his contract.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #18
tony hipchest

seriously go cats, what great players has cowher let go? keep in mind he has never made these decisions. niel odonnell, l. kirkland, ernie mills, y. thigpen? they were all good steelers, but like many ex-steelers their career was short lived after leaving. the only great player they lost was r. woodson, and to a much lesser extent chad brown and k. green, who along with kirkland and lloyd were all demanding top dollar like just about every other steeler on the 95 sb roster. throw in m. vrabel as another lost but in todays f.a. the team work kolbert and cowher use to let players like bell, burress and 2 o-lineman go and still remain competitive is hard to manage in todays nfl. you will find that out when people want more than just t. spikes and malcontent c. dillon from the bengals.

how did don schula work out for you all?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #19
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Next week is a huge game, and now every game is bigger than the next.. so far we havent come through..

cowher seemed dejected, depressed, and just plain frustrated at the way this team has played this year.. especially w/ the expectations from last season of going 15-1. Its disheartening to say the least. I will always support cowher becuz he is my coach and leads my black n gold every week.. but again as I stated earlier the Rooneys are hard nosed and tradionalists ..but even they have got to be frustrated.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #20
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Next week is a huge game, and now every game is bigger than the next.. so far we havent come through..

cowher seemed dejected, depressed, and just plain frustrated at the way this team has played this year.. especially w/ the expectations from last season of going 15-1. Its disheartening to say the least. I will always support cowher becuz he is my coach and leads my black n gold every week.. but again as I stated earlier the Rooneys are hard nosed and tradionalists ..but even they have got to be frustrated.
I agree. Time to move on.

Norm Chow would be a great fit .for the next 5-8 years